What are you working on today?

ilovecats

• Replies 839
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Beacon Hill dry fit-- here are all the lights in approximate positions:

It looks as though I can string all the wires along ceilings and edges, so I have taken apart the dry fit and done some priming. The instructions say to start gluing walls and floors together at this point, but I like to sand after I've primed, and having the parts glued together already will make that tough... I know I have to watch those interfaces for stray primer, though!

I will put the shell back together for another dry fit after I've sanded down the pieces, to see if I need to bore down any channels for the wires... I don't think I will at this point, though, if I pad the ceilings.

Today I cleaned my room and made half of it a workshop because my mom misses her dining room. lol Other than that I didnt get much done because the house down the street caught fire and we were all outside watching the unfortunate event.

Looks Great!! Is that the Addams??

Yes, it's the Adams ... :yes:

Beacon Hill dry fit-- here are all the lights in approximate positions:

I will put the shell back together for another dry fit after I've sanded down the pieces, to see if I need to bore down any channels for the wires... I don't think I will at this point, though, if I pad the ceilings.

You won't need to pad the ceilings if you run the ceiling fixture wires across the the floor of the room above. Just one little hole in the floor is all it takes to get the wires through to the fixture below. And the flooring materials will cover the wires.

The house is looking very good. With all of the care you're taking with it, it's bound to be gorgeous!

You won't need to pad the ceilings if you run the ceiling fixture wires across the the floor of the room above. Just one little hole in the floor is all it takes to get the wires through to the fixture below. And the flooring materials will cover the wires.

The house is looking very good. With all of the care you're taking with it, it's bound to be gorgeous!

Thanks for the tip, Kathy-- that hadn't occurred to me! I hope it will turn out well-- I will be trying out all my best tricks for this one...

My roll top desk for the Gentlemen`s office arrived while I was in the hospital. (cant take a pic cause camera died)...

So today I am going to work on the MHM. I want to get some work done in the office so I can spread out some furniture. I have a couch, the desk and a chair, and a gun cabinet that Linda made in a swap.

Oh, Heidi, please get another camera! One of the furniture projects I really want to try my hand at one day is a rolltop desk!

Today I have to try to finish laundry and finish painting the first coat on the 1:24 scale house's exterior and block that little rug!

I think it is glueing time in my house today. I've halfway glued the mouldings, set my wires, and now am just waiting for the mouldings to dry so that I can take the dry fit apart and glue the walls and floors. I'll also wait for Chris to get back this evening to help me keep everything square and stop it falling down while i fit the next floor :lol:

Of course should be doing the laundry too :wicked:

We definitely NEED to get a new camera. Fred had an idea that we could go to the local pawn shop in our area. We stroll in there after having breakfast downtown alot and they always have a nice selection of high end digital cameras for sale. And they guarantee that if they item doesnt work, you can return it. Alot of them even have the instructions.

I saw a very nice Canon in there a couple weeks ago..one of the ones that cost around $400 retail.

I have to show off my new purchases, work on the dhs, and the progress of my tomato seeds.

What am I working on today????? Well, I am going to try and make space enough to actually get the new Brookwood out of the box and begin building it. Sounds easy, but I live in a mobile home and space is at a premium. So every time I decide to change something 15 other things have to be done first. In fact I think I like dollhouses because I can imagine living in a house with big rooms!! Of course all this moving things around means that "stuff" gets thrown away. Anyway, onward and upward. Kathy :p

I took pictures of more minis that arrived today from a wholesaler. I'll be glad when everything with my business settles down into a regular routine.

I want to put together a gallery of pictures using furniture pieces that I sell in room settings, but so far I've only had time to put together three rooms. I want to have more pictures ready before I add the gallery, but just so you guys can have something nice to look at, here's a picture taken in the parlor of Tall Chimneys. I set it up to look like an 18th century tavern dining room.

IMGP2234.jpg