What are you working on today?

ilovecats

• Replies 839
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I worked on the haciendita yesterday, no more mini-ing until we get back home next week. Today I went back to the GYLEC's office for pacemaker followup and tomorrow we'll be packing The Litle House on the Highway for a week-long trip out the Panhandle to Adventures, Unlimited (where we joined the Paddlers' Rendezvous last October) for Presidents' Day Weekend paddle with the GA Canoe Association (we went to the Ocala National Forest with them two years ago and had a wonderful three days of paddling our tandem kayak) and then staying over to join our friend from last year's Panhandle Trace Hike to hike Monday at Big Lagoon State Park (can't do the Panhandle Trace this year, it's the same week as the Sebring Tandem Rally & we promised DH's momma to take her with us so she can visit her good friends who live in Sebring). I will take Maggie's kitchen rug to finish stitching, I'm doing the last row of blanketstitching over one thread and then I'll cut it 4-6 threads bigger & ravel them for fringe.

I started today shoveling the ice and snow from the storm we had yesterday and last night. Had to get out today, running low on cat food and the thoughts of being trapped with 2 hungry cats suffering from cabin fever was more scary than driving on the bad roads.

Stained the floors natural teak on the RGT Eastside Townhouse and got alot of the rest primed. Tonight I made some small baskets and filled them with towels and bathroom supplies. I'll be taking them to the show in April, still have alot of other things to make,and I feel like I'm running out of time, and I have so many things I want to get made.

I'm still working on a fantasy style house. I haven't decided the exact theme I want to go with yet. It's more of an experiment on working with different angles on a house. The inside will be brick & stone printies, the outside will be gray stone made with a bromley stencil. The top roof will be cedar shingles & the side roof will be thached. I will probably go with a Harry Potter or a Shrek theme. I'll just have to wait to see how it comes out !!

Steve

I'm still working on a fantasy style house. I haven't decided the exact theme I want to go with yet. It's more of an experiment on working with different angles on a house. The inside will be brick & stone printies, the outside will be gray stone made with a bromley stencil. The top roof will be cedar shingles & the side roof will be thached. I will probably go with a Harry Potter or a Shrek theme. I'll just have to wait to see how it comes out !!

Steve

That is such a neat house!! A medieval occult shoppe maybe? Diagon ally, etc. .. .

What a great idea to do a house connected to the store! Has it been done before? I've never seen it but that wall to the right of the staircase would be perfect if it were opened up. I love the idea!!!

I also think that having a house connecting right to the store would be a great idea.

-Susanne

I am working on my dh staircase banister - custom and curvy - I am determined to figure out how to do this so I can make elaborate staircases with wood banisters. Last night I boiled/steams some thin balsa strips to make them pilable and glued on one side of the spindles. It seems to work. This afternoon I will do the other side and figure out how to do the top and then sand, sand, sand to make shape and then paint. Too much glue to stain but perhaps next time. I'll post pics if I have a success!

Corwin.... I like your idea for a theme. The Diagon Alley Magic Shoppe. I think the only problem I will have will be to find a suitable shopkeeper for the project.

Steve

I'm sure some one here would love to make you a shop keeper!!

I finished Maggie's kitchen rug, still have to block it & take pictures. We've been gone a week, I'll have to work back into mini-ing.

Yay!!!! Holly is home again, missed ya'!!!!! Did you have a good trip?

Hugs

Welcome back, Holly!

The door I'm bashing into a pocket door arrived yesterday, and I got it stained and prepped. Today I hope to put the walls together in dry fit to see how it works.

Welcome back, Holly!

The door I'm bashing into a pocket door arrived yesterday, and I got it stained and prepped. Today I hope to put the walls together in dry fit to see how it works.

Oh, I am soo looking forward to this build Kathie!!!!

Hugs

I'll post photos of the pocket door part of the project when I've made more progress. I found some pictures of antique pocket door handles on line that I printed out. I think they'll make good faux handles with a bit of tweaking.

Welcome home Holly!! Your advice and tips are sorely missed around here when you are gone!

Kathie, this pocket door idea is so intriguing...can't wait to see it!

Today I am working on getting the pesky, slightly warped roof onto the Primrose Tudor :yes: and "hammered" down if necessary, then I can start paperclay (wish me luck on THAT!! :) Never have done before, so it should be a hoot!). I also cut a thick piece of foamcore for the base (hoping it will work) - then I want to paperclay a cobblestone sidewalk in front of house and around the corner. I'm thinking I would like to put a streetlamp on the corner and an English postbox next to it...hmmm, we'll see. The ideas keep coming - just have to see how much the pitifully depleted wallet can handle!

Okay, so this weekend I am determined to get Cosmina's trailer put together.

It will need some tricky paint techniques in certain areas and that may take some time but, I will get the structure done!

There's a big storm comming in so that means stay home a nd work like a horse on the DH's!

I hope to have some pics up by Sunday :yes:

IF I ever get off the computer, I'm gonna grab some breakfast and then put out the mail and then do bills - OH, you meant dollhouse wise! Well, let's see, I'm going to cut the arches for the adobe porch today and then fill in all the spaces from the recuts I did with the windows and doors. And then trim the vigas. That should take till my light all vanishes.