What are you working on today?

ilovecats

• Replies 839
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm finishing up my furniture. I worked a bit on it yesterday and am ahead of schedule. I wish I had a camera to show you guys because I am so proud of it. Have you ever made something and just fell in love with it? I look at it, and my kitchen cabinets I made months ago, and I am just amazed I created that. I have really fell in love with making furniture. I might have to borrow my sister's camera.

Today I actually started on my new Brookwood. Someone had suggested taking the pieces from the sheets and putting them in numbered ziplocs and that's what I did today. Now my hands are so dry and rough that I feel like I could soak them in industrial strength hand lotion for about a week. But I have to say that doing this gave me a better idea of what I'm working with. I have to admit I sat looking at the box for two weeks not really sure where to start. So thanks to whoever it was suggested that.

After work I am going to try to figure out how to cover those icky wood filler blotches that were left after I stained my stairs.

Darn it!

today I am up working on cleaning the work area!

OH MY!!.. my mini hiatus has to END

yesterday at mini club we were making carpet bags!!!

but I sure had to concentrate....they all kept remarking how I was so quiet...

Heck I was butter fingers with my tweezers

but I did manage to make one and start another.

so after I clean off the work area I have to start digging for supplies and pressies for my

SIL and her mom and sister who I will be staying with next weekend and we will MINI!

I made a very simple hutch on Thursday and I had a hard time with it also!

its been tooooo long!

nutti :bigwink:

First I have to say how much I love your avatar Nutti! You look great!

Toady, I am still finishing the M.E. house. I have the whole day to play minis, though, since I got all of the errands done yesterday! I made some chairs and curtains last night. Here's one pic, and the few other new ones are in my album.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

post-1680-1205070812_thumb.png

Shelly, I love that dress :bigwink:

I will probably finish putting shingles on my pub roof today. I got half of it completed yesterday. This pub is getting pretty close to being completed. :banana: I'm glad. i'm still not feeling the love with this project. I'm ready to move on to something else. It's my least favorite project so far.

I seem to be doing more research than actual building. Today I decided what the outside walls will look like for the Creole Cottage, and I changed my mind about the layout of the interior. It's too bad I can't take snapshots inside my head ... I wouldn't have to go through the building process! :wub:

I'm still slowly working on my Diagon Alley Magic Shoppe. This weekend I got all the wires run to their locations. It will be a while before I mount the lights. I got the wood cut for the shelves & cabinets. And I dyed the shingles a weathered gray for the main roof. Plus a bunch of little odds & ends to prepare for assembly.

Steve

I am bashing two Buttercups together. One is going on top of the other for a book and tea shop.I thought I was making progress until I saw what Alley is taking on! You go girl!!! That one is going to be great. :wave:

John your double BH is what I'm thinking of doing to the Fairfield.

Tracy reminded me I'm behind on pictures, so I finished off one of my film rolls today & hope to get it processed this week.