What are you working on today?

ilovecats

I finished wallpapering the 2nd floor on the LE yesterday. Having a problem with attaching the roof pieces on the front...I will figure it out hopefully. I may just work on flooring in one of the rooms today. It takes a long time to do one room because I make the hard wood floors.

I keep staring at the Pomeroy house...Not going to touch it until the LE is done.

• Replies 839
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, this morning I had plans to do a little on the joining of the walls of the BHx2 and when I stumbled into the office to wake up in front of emails/coffee,(morning routine), I discovered that Oakridge has sent my back ordered wiring kit and it will be here today, so now besides waiting for the UPS guy, I have to rethink the day...lol

This is what I should be working on - comissioned castle box, my own castle box, many dolls, but what am I working on? Another Victorian Table - A Pier Table no less - and a three holer light switch cover with ivy and vines all around it! For the house! I didn't even get dressed this morning! Wanna here more? IT'S SNOWING AGAIN, after two days of nice weather! I'm so depressed!

It was a nice sunny day here in the Heartland, so Lloyd and I drove into the big city (KC, MO) with our neighbors to visit the Nelson-Atkins Art Museum. That's always a treat.

In the gift shop sale books rack I found a book on the Arts & Crafts style. It has tons of photos to use for inspiration when I start working on the Westville. :)

I got another roll of film processed & I'll play with making albums for the new stuff and adding other stuff. I have already added to "dressing Maggie", here's my pretty new kitchen rug: med_gallery_8_988_152487.jpg

I have started, once again, working on the redo of the "Rusty Needle". That's the needlework shop in my avatar. It was in dire need of work when I got it back. It had been impropperly stored for a couple of years. It is starting to look a whole lot better. I am blogging it if anyone is interested in following my progress.

Going to tackle the LE Arthur today. Wish me luck!

Keeping fingers crossed here Heidi!

Me, well I am going to play aorund with moooore pet items :D

Hugs

Keeping fingers crossed here Heidi!

Me, well I am going to play aorund with moooore pet items :D

Hugs

Tell your Dh I am sorry for making your obsessed over more minis and his lack of dinner! I couldnt help myself!

Say hello to LE Arthur for me Heidi. I love that name. :D

As for what I am working on, I am still bricking the Rusty Needle. I am going to finish that part today if it kills me. Remind me not to cut individual bricks the next time I need them.

After that, I am going to blog about bricks........I am going quietly insane cutting 1/4" by 3/4" pieces. I did buy a little fiscars cutter yesterday that is making it a lot easier.But still........After I finish I think I will count all of them just for fun. :(

I finally finished uploading pictures; I have started albums for Barbie rehabs and also for La Casita. I have my skinny sticks out to make new exterior doors for La Casita, since my attempts to pinhinge have failed so miserably. I had to redo the stair railing to make it fit, but first I'll have to replace the terra-cotta tiles that got paint dripped on them. It never stops!lol

Tell your Dh I am sorry for making your obsessed over more minis and his lack of dinner! I couldnt help myself!

:D will do that Heidi, and tonight is his night to cook so I am in the clear until it is eaten so to speak... And he ohhh:ed and ahhh:ed over them as well and really saw what I were jabbering about and even came with some suggestions!!!!

Hugs

Yep, today we dry fit the "reverse" BH to the normal, it measures just a hair over 5 ft long, and will have 16-17 rooms, not decided yet.....

I'm sure looking forward to seeing pictures of this!

Me, I'm working on my Adams, a miniature outdoor scene, and doing some sorting of my miniatures.

This thread is a great place to check into and see what everyone's up to.

Steve - I'm in love with your Diagon Alley Magic Shop already!

-Susanne

I believe that today, the roof is going up on my BH.... finally!!!!

It certainly will be nice when my house starts looking like a house and not a grouping of wooden boxes!

Today I spent several hours working on my Adams. The big challenge was to imitate aged wood that had been painted years ago with paris green, a widely used paint in 19th century New Orleans, and to select the final colors for the outside of the house. Also had to do some surgery to make the Houseworks window shutters long enough to use for door shutters. Success on all counts. :welcome:

I like this thread-- keeping it alive!

Over the weekend I made much progress on the BH 1st floor staircase, even getting it installed in the house:

Something was not quite square, but I can hide it with trim.

Getting the 2nd floor staircase and its rods ready:

I want to finish the 1st and 2nd foyer floors before I put the 3rd floor in, so I guess I will have to hold off on actually installing the 2nd floor staircase for a bit...

I FINALLY got La Casita's stairway together! The polystyrene banister didn't like anything about the newels & balusters and wouldn't play nice at all, so I put my foot down and cut a piece of 1/16" square stock instead. When I'm feeling a bit more benevolent I'll take its picture.

Then I finished off the crossstitch picture for DDIL

Today I'm going for my annual mammogram. I encourage (if not browbeat) you all to make sure you get yours. I'm a 12 year cancer surviver and the mammogram caught it both times.

SO GO AND GET ONE!!!!!

Today I'm going for my annual mammogram. I encourage (if not browbeat) you all to make sure you get yours. I'm a 12 year cancer surviver and the mammogram caught it both times.

SO GO AND GET ONE!!!!!

Congratulations, Kathy! I'll echo your urgency to encourage an annual mammogram. Mine is my birthday present to me each year. :p

As for mini-ing ... I've got the two Adams kits bashed together and the inside fairly well finished. Today I'll be adding boards to the outside preparatory to adding stucco. Also working on the porch roof bash and may get the base cut to start landscaping. This little house is a real treat to work on! :)

today I visited with the Willowcrest. poor dear has held up well under all the kids but momma has put her foot down...no more playing with her house! tells me to "fix it" hhmmmm well Im no miricle worker :)

but I think I can refresh it and I brought some non playable minis with me for her. so its now a miniature collection house.

boy would I love to take it home and do it the way I know how to NOW!

but she would not go for that. so Ill do what I can. today Ill go to Hobby Lobby and Walmarts and see what I can do to spruce it up. Ill post photos after I get home...so sad really!

nutti :p

i'm going to work on the westville for as long as i can today then i have an appointment at 3 pm so i'll work on the house until around 1:30 :p

This is a really cute house! on sunday i got the attic wallpaper in, part of the flooring (in the hard to reach spot) and i glued on the rest of the roof panels. oh and i did part of the exterior work that i'm experimenting with. I won't take photos of that tho until i get that all completed.

i think i forgot to mention that i modified the stairs, so the house will look very different. i just need to cut a new doorway from the bedroom to the bath. pictures after i get that all done as well. :)