What are you working on today?

ilovecats

• Replies 839
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm working on two things--finishing up that house that I started in the Rik Pierce class and the Vineyard Cottage. Of course, I'm siding that bugger so it's taking a bit of time. Hopefully I'll be able to blog some more of it tonight.

Glad you are back at it Linda!

I am working on collecting the trail of snotty tissues that seem to be collecting all over the place. I think MF is picking them out of the waste basket. Ewww!

My hands are going to be raw from all the washing I have been doing today.

I spent the morning out so I have to double time this afternoon. I am finishing up the outside of the Rusty Needle quilt shop. It is down to the wire. Just a little more trim to finish. Then I will be wallpapering or painting the interior. The last step I have to do is put in the merchandise and there will be a grand opening on my blog! I am going to try for a finish this weekend at the latest. :p Wish me luck! I may need it.

I spent most of the day working on the Adams. It is coming along even better than I'd hoped. This kit is a total joy to work on, even with all of the bashing I'm doing. Whatever I want to accomplish, it shows me the way. I'm going to start a blog but keep it private, although it will be a struggle not to share before mid December! :p

Had a wrastling contest with my Arthur, but I think I won ~crosses her fingers~ fiddled with with trailer a bit, worked on some last minute mini easter stuff. Lots of Fiddling with little stuff didnt really get anything big accomplished. Oh, almost forgot and I don't know how, I painted 98234732 pieces of trim for the Arthur as well as my fingers and jeans :)

I finished the beadwork on the crossstitch picture of Our Lady of Guadalupe; whoever thought of embellishing crossstitch with beads should DIE!!! But the framer at Utrecht's was a real pro, he'll use spacers between the mats so the glass will clear the beads. He liked all my picks, the inner mat matches the lightest shade of green in the rose leaves and the outer mat matches the palest color in the roses and the frame is almost red mahogany, so picks up the rose stems and lets the Blessed Virgin really stand out.

I didn't have a decent way to photograph it when I finished the stitching, so I'll try when I get it back, in a bit over a month (we'll be leaving when it's ready for at least three weeks beginning with the Florida Trail Association's annual state conference/ Hiking Festival the end of this month and then the Sebring Tandem Bicycle Rally and then a week or two of camping, biking, hiking and paddling, and come home later in April.

I did finish the paint job on the 1:24 newels on the staircase. Now I can make the kitchen items, try "scratch"-building wee kitchen chairs, stitch on the Anasazi rug I'm making for it while we're on the road and eventually figure out a way to cobble some 1:24 dolls that aren't too hideous.

Today I finished the two new 1:24 exterior doors with chamois hinge strips and DH likes them MUCH better than the old ones. I'm going to paint these, rather than use stain, so I primed the interior sides & also started on the kitchen table. 1:24 is TINY!, don't let anybody tell you different!

I'm working on a rug for my Thornhill, AKA Hawthorne Hall. I am also working on electric for my San Francisco style house. It came with electric, but was very poorly done so I had to rip it out. Tomorrow i will continue the electric and work on repainting the outside. Hated the blue!

post-2078-1206069307_thumb.jpgpost-2078-1206069330_thumb.jpg

La Casita's doors are painted & knobs are on & they're ready to be hung. The kitchen table is painted, DH nearly freaked out when he saw that I had painted flowers on each side of each of the little working drawers.

I liked the way the table kit went together, although the drawers took a lot of work to get them to work. The monitor-top refrigerator is resin & white metal, and the resin is poorly done. When I went to drill the holes for the hinges there wasn't enough resin to drill a hole through, so I wound up melting the hole and it has problems. I'm going to prime the metal pieces so they'll be easier to paint. I hope the resin cooperates!

I did a couple things to day, i went to work on beading my curtains, and i accidentally set them in a glob of acrylic paint; :whistle: Time to restart. . .

Corwin, before you toss the beaded curtains, try washing them with rubbing alcohol. It cleans dried acrylic paint out of the most awful looking brushes! Let them soak a bit if the paint dried. You have nothing to lose. If it comes off like it does out of my brushes you will have saved a lot of work and time. Good luck!

Nail polish remover will also take off acrylic paint.

Today we're taking the tandem bike up to Bainbridge to ride & then do some shopping, so I may take along the Anasazi rug I'm trying to stitch for la casita. I also have some of the terra cotta floor tiles to pull off & replace before hanging the doors.

We spent the past two days purging clothes from the closets. Minis are the best way I know of to rest up from toting armloads of heavy clothes about.

I'm still working on my Magic Shoppe. Most of the lights are in & the fireplace is wired. The furniture is made, but not all installed. 2 of the walls for the addition are up. I'm moving along slow, but sure. This building is more of an exercise in working with different shapes. It's a fun, learning experience !

I'm working on the Adams ... painting the outside, building a fence, and planning landscaping, plus considering changing the ceiling treatment.

I'm also working on the Workshop, in my head, at least ... I have all but one component on hand, so that little bugger is going to fly together once it gets here. :whistle:

I've finished the wiring of the Van Buren--first time I've tried the folding method and must than Wenlaine for her Van Buren blog for the idea--it is so much easier than placing all those little brads in at every turn. Unexpectantally, our boss decided to give us the day off (been working alot of extra hours) so I hope to get the Van Buren primed and then on to trying my hand at bricking the exterior. Wish me luck and send any extra dollhouse muses you may have my way for the extra guidance.

BTW, consulted with DGD and I believe she and I may have a small difference in how the finished house will be decorated. I sort of pictures an elegant leaning toward modern look, but from her HBS wishlist I had her set up she is leaning toward a much older era.

I have been checking this particular thread every day. It is fun to find out what others are working on or planning to work on.

I am really close to finishing the refurbishing the Rusty Needle quilt shop. Tomorrow should be the "Grand Reopening". You are all invited to my blog then for tea and cookies.

I've been working really hard non-stop for the last week. Re-doing a house is a lot of work!!! So today, i've promised myself that i'm going to sit back and watch my husband work on the house for a while :whistle: . AND I'm finally gonna have at least a day to work on some mini!!

I have been checking this particular thread every day. It is fun to find out what others are working on or planning to work on.

I am really close to finishing the refurbishing the Rusty Needle quilt shop. Tomorrow should be the "Grand Reopening". You are all invited to my blog then for tea and cookies.

I agree, I love seeing what everyone is up to!

Today I am starting on the prep work for my Spring Fling contest entry. There are some things I can do before the kit arrives and a few things I need to get. Shopping - wheeee! Also, some inspirational research online will help!

And, thanks for the invitation! Love tea and cookies! What can we bring?

I've been arguing with my Buttercup and my own idiocy for the past 3 days. Lots of gluing things, taking them apart, and then gluing them back together correctly (and still messing -that- up) has been involved. :o

It's in my blog if you reeeeally want the details.

Well I finally got motivated and removed and replaced some tile work that I had messed up on my Caterbury a few weeks ago! I'm glad that is done now I can continue with the build!! I know now what I want to do with it, just need to do a little shopping too. :o

Well, after reading a post the other day , I spent the day moving all my supplies, tools, etc down to the basement. We have a spare kitchen down there that is used for canning, and the cabinets and the extra space are a blessing. Not sure though if I am thankful for that post or not, its alot of trips up/down all day. lol

I got the door and all the porch railings done on the Arthur did some touch up painting, then started in on the shingles....got most of the porch roof done decided I didnt like the way it looked and ripped them all off....Easter is in 2 days ~faints~ Granddaughter will be here in 5 mins so I had to put everything up looks like I will be pulling an all nighter tonight.

I am so in love with the contest house. That is what I worked on yesterday..and that is what i am going to work on today. I want to stain the flooring later since it is going to be a bit warmer outside today.

It`s life after the contest will be a small extension to the MHM..not attached but like a garage or a storage shed or something like that.