Jump to content

Sable1

Showing status updates and topics posted in for the last 60 days.

This stream auto-updates

  1. Past hour
  2. Today
  3. A pocket door that looks like part of the wall (especially if the wall is paneled)?
  4. I even tried the so-called "stainable" wood filler before I gave up. I also use joint compound or my personal favorite, SPACKLE!
  5. That's great- thanks!
  6. Not sure if I am sharing an album correctly, but this is where I can view the photos of the other Lillbo (Lundby?) items I was curious about. https://forum.greenleafdollhouses.com/gallery/album/8636-lillbo-lundby-various-vintage-items/
  7. Yesterday
  8. Thank you so much for letting me know!
  9. I've done a lot of the decorating, just need to do the skirting boards, windows and doors in the bottom two floors, but still need to decide on and do the top floor walls and ceilings/roof. I'll probably do the skirting boards once each floor is glued together so they can cover gaps. Will have a look at the instructions and see if taking apart in reverse order is going to be easiest - I dry fitted 8 years ago and don't remember any of putting it together.
  10. I know someone that has a Queen Anne kit for sale. It has never been put together. The person selling is located near Charleston SC, but I travel there often and could bring it back to Michigan, if someone here has interest. We take road trips down there often.
  11. Last week
  12. If you have photos online somewhere you can link to them; once they're in an album in the Gallery you can let folks know they're there and we can either go to your albums or you can copy and paste them into your posts.
  13. Mine has the grooves, they are not very deep and not easy to see, take a flashlight/torch and look close on the floors not the ceilings
  14. Before it was destroyed during our move to AL I went ahead and made all new doors for the Pierce I was rehabbing.
  15. I rehab dollhouses originally built with hot glue because I can easily take them apart with a heat gun to remove the hot glue and rebuild them with Titebond. I find, thought, that the original hot glue had often melted the window plastic in places that made it easier just to replace it or even make new windows, which is often nicer, anyway. I like to use Elmer's all-purpose white glue, which dries clear for the clear inserts. I also like to use the blue painter's tape.
  16. I have contacted Greenleaf, and the kit is sold out with no date planned to reissue it. If anyone has a kit stashed away that they would like to sell, I am very interested. Thank you!
  17. I split your question into its own thread. A lot of people sell on Craigslist, eBay, and Facebook Marketplace. Keep in mind that you might not get its full value and that it will be expensive to ship. We also have a Community Trading Post forum here where you can post it. Include your location and maybe someone near you will be interested. Please don't post your asking price or give your email or physical address. If anyone is interested they can send you a private message through the forum and can discuss pricing and logistics there.
  18. That's what I did, work room, staff dining, kitchen butlers room etc in basement. I'm working on the house from the bottom up decorating as I go. I've found it easier to do ornate ceilings before I put it together. Lot of forward planning. I'll put photos up
  19. Oh right thank you, shall endeavour to do so wish me luck
  20. Justincayce12 emailed me photos of his instructions. They are a little dark but readable. I can try to .forward them, or maybe he would email them directly to you.
  21. @fov, I have been eying those 1:24 Houseworks kits with no instructions on eBay for the past week, trying to decide if I wanted to try figuring one out! (Also, how large a stash do I plan to accumulate?!) So if I do, I might take you up on your offer to scan your copy of the instructions.
  22. Another John William Godward A Souvenir Made a little easel to put them on while I am working on them
  23. I wish they would give a discount for a larger order of the sheets maybe like half the price of the house
  24. I started with Buttercups and Sugarplum cottages and lots of paint, etc, on the window acetate. The Buttercups were an especially frustrating window adventure, as mine came with no interior trim. Carrie's explaining that the walls containe part of the window is spot on; it helped me to lay the trim over the window opening and trace around it.
  25. I painted over a red checkered Lee's Line sofa with fabric paint. It has a sort of leather look close up, but once it's in the house it looks like smooth fabric. You could do something like this to make it the color you want and then still add cushions and lace, which would make it harder to tell that the sofa has been painted. For the doors, on the exterior the siding will make them the right depth, as Holly mentioned. For the interior doors you can add wood to both the inside of the built-in casing and to the edge of the loose casing to make up the difference and make them a
  26. The reductions I have done myself have resulted in just an unclear white out scene with no detail other than a bit of shading.The whole picture is basically just shades of white and brown and everything has a subtle halo around it, so it is perhaps not the best picture to try to reduce..but..I am still positive and hopeful. I am long way off hangin it so plenty of time
  27. The baseboards look excellent. I'm also planning to stain interior trim (window trim is already done!) so this gives me hope haha
  1. Load more activity
×
×
  • Create New...