What are you working on today?

ilovecats

I am going to do a little more work on a project that i've had in the works for a couple of weeks. I am almost to the point that i can paperclay but probably won't do that today. I'll just do a little more prep work on it.

I just feel in the mood to do something spectacular, but what? lol....probably just curl up with a movie and wish that i had done some mini-ing. I have to go back to work for 3 days in a row so i want to have a relaxing but productive day. I just can't fixate on an idea tho!!!

What are you working on today???

• Replies 839
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, a day off would be great!

But, since I don't have an entire day off today I will be working on "work" and then I'll be trying to finish up Cosmina's Caravan finally.

The trailer decided that it did not want a ton of intricate paint work on the exterior so, I had to switch gears and do something completely different...it's a surprise...no pics til it's done :(

I have 3 houses going now (much to hubby's surprise) and am at no loss of things to do for the Hippie House, The Bar for Ms. Lily, and the travel trailer, so I switch in between them all. I love that!

There was a bad ice storm here overnight. The roads did not begin to clear until after the last train left for Washington, so we stayed home from work. That wearing the pajamas inside out for a snow day thing worked LOL! So I am stuck home without the distraction of TV because the satellite dish is iced over. What to do, what to do...?

I began by checking email, and saw Joann.com has 50% off Ott-Lites and free shipping, so I treated myself to one. Now I will be able to knit in the evening, instead of mainly during daylight hours!

I'll spend the afternoon knitting. I'm making some special things for some special people. :(

Hmmm...I seem to spend most of my time "running" around the internet :wave: , but I did get a small fireplace made for the upper floor of the Primrose Tudor Shoppe today - just have to wait for the paperclay to dry, then I can paint it.

I'm hoping I can finish another fireplace for the lower level today as well, and I still need to stucco the 2 walls where fireplaces will be so I can set them in place, and about 50 other things as well.... SO much to do, so little energy... :(

I had started my Brimbles Mercantile the other day and yesterday I had stained the staircase. This morning I finally got it installed inside. Now I'm stuck as to what to do next. I realize I have to do something with the back wall before I put on the second floor but I have no idea whether to just paint it or paper it. But since it's going to be a flower shop, I don't want flowery paper either. At first, I was going to mirror the entire wall and then thought that would be awful to try to photograph so must forget that idea. Then I thought, what about ceiling paper (the one that looks stippled) and just paint it. I really don't know what I want to do with it. So for now, I'm just taking a break and hopefully it will come to me.

I can't wait to see your Brimbles!!! I'm still only halfway done with mine. I just can't commit to the interior so i don't work on it...lol. YOu may get me motivated to work on mine.

I know you will do an awesome job!

we'll im going to work on the newberg tonight i just in the mail today some strips of steps so we cut them today and i'll sand them light stain them and poly them to night. I just hated the staircase that cames with the kit so i treated myself a little. I have a small dolhouse going to be coming that i got for my sisters birthday she has no idea about it so when that comes i'll work on that two so i'll have two houses going at once YAY but for know its all NEWBERG lol :flowers:

All of your projects sound interesting,I got all my house cleaning done yesterday(real),so I can indulge in a whole day of dollhouses. Im thatching my cottage on one end of the kitchen counter and on the other end working on the tower from My Fair Lady. Its taking 3 coats of white paint to cover that purple,its coming along though,a few more pictures in the gallery.

This morning I tidied a bit so that I could get to my desk to do some proper writing work for uni. Then I went and picked up a computer desk that I'm going to be putting my dollhouse on. It has a pull out shelf which should be good and storage underneath for all my boxes of stuff! Will make the sitting room a whole lot tidier! Also stopped by the pharmacy I used to work in to say hi and went on to the craft store to pick up some more plaster to make bricks. While I was there I picked up some more mini flowers to continue my gardening.

We're off for the weekend away tomorrow afternoon (not a romantic weekend away, more visiting families and college friends). So was debating what to do for dinner tonight (fridge is bare so had to shop for something). I decided that since we're with family tomorrow night it'd be nice to have a romantic dinner tonight. Got some nice fresh veggies (to steam) and baby potatoes (to roast) and then picked up some already cooked and warm ribs. Made some desserts in heart shaped ramekins and put some mini flowers on the table (going away, don't want to waste fresh big flowers). We watched Back to the Future, Chris' 2nd fave film, and now just relaxing.

Chris is doing a landscape scene for his warhammer gaming, so I've been helping him paint and snow flock that. Got one more board to do tonight.

While I wait for my bits to arrive in the post (Come on, I ordered them 10 days ago, I'm not that patient!! :hug: ) I'm making a garden scene with a gazebo. So working on that at the moment too.

But today hasn't seen a lot of mini-ing at all! And as we're away for the weekend its going to be a while before I get more done (and hopefully my parcel will have arrived by then!)

Im thatching my cottage on one end of the kitchen counter

Is thatching difficult? Have you got a blog or taking pictures so we can see how it is done?

It is the end of the day for me now, but I hope you all enjoy the rest of your day!

Muriel :flowers:

I paperclayed the fireplace inside and outside of the building and got the left side of the building and part of the front completed. I gave up for the day...wasnt' quite in the mood for it today i guess. I just realized that i need to make a chimney!!! augh, always something else to remember :flowers: I'll work on that on sunday probably.

I had started my Brimbles Mercantile the other day and yesterday I had stained the staircase. This morning I finally got it installed inside. Now I'm stuck as to what to do next. I realize I have to do something with the back wall before I put on the second floor but I have no idea whether to just paint it or paper it. But since it's going to be a flower shop, I don't want flowery paper either. At first, I was going to mirror the entire wall and then thought that would be awful to try to photograph so must forget that idea. Then I thought, what about ceiling paper (the one that looks stippled) and just paint it. I really don't know what I want to do with it. So for now, I'm just taking a break and hopefully it will come to me.

The same thing happened to me. So i wallpapered that wall, then glued on the second floor...now i think i want a different kind of look and it will be tough to cover up what i did at the staircase back wall. that's part of my problem with deciding how to finish off the interior of the house. Overall i know what i want to do, i need supplies now and then make the extra effort of fixing that back wall. I wish i had stained the staircase instead of painting it. I can't even remember why i painted it in the first place??!! Glad i have another Brimbles kit cuz i really want to stain that staircase and possibly bash a house onto the side of it. I put siding on this brimble's but i doubt i'll side the other. I really can't wait to see your brimble's wendy!!!!

I've been working on landscaping my "Delaney", the Sugarplum that I covered with egg carton stones and thatched the roof. I've never landscaped before and it's looking pretty basic, so I thought I'd work a bit more on that tonight.

Marg, it's really nice to know that I'm not the only one that has had this problem. Here I was thinking "why did I stain the staircase, I should have just painted it". :flowers: But it's done so I won't be changing it now. I'm really thinking about that stipple like ceiling paper and even leaving it white. That might look really nice with the contrasting dark staircase! Ohhh, I hate having to make decisions when I'm not feeling the urge, don't you?

What a great idea to do a house connected to the store! Has it been done before? I've never seen it but that wall to the right of the staircase would be perfect if it were opened up. I love the idea!!!

I have all the things I need to do the card scene for the new baby.

I also am knee deep in shower plans for sunday

making a diaper cake...anyone know what I am talking about?

I will take and post photos sunday night

got my Addams kit. and am getting ready to get a Brookwood!

I really love that house!

Heidi can I join you in the slap me into the muse area!

I think my real problem is my work space is filled with crap! I need to clean and reorganise it and I dont wanna! :flowers:

I really thought the Taft was next on my to do list but it seems the Brookwood is yelling the loudest and it doesnt even live here yet!

I look forward to seeing your Brimbles Wendy!

nutti :hug:

making a diaper cake...anyone know what I am talking about?

They had a diaper cake at the shower I went to last Saturday. It was gorgeous. They used disposable and cloth diapers. They rolled baby stuff in the cloth ones (like nipples, binkies, spoons) so that the Mom to be got an extra added treat.

You want to hear a neat idea. Everyone at the shower had to bring a pack of diapers (any size) to be entered into the diaper raffle at the end of the shower. That girl got SO MANY packs of diapers she will be set for a very very long time.

Nutti those diaper cakes are so cute! And practical if you can bring yourself to take them apart to use the stuff. I think I left ours as decoration in the nursery for a looong time! I'd love to see yours when it's done!

I have been working to finish the Sweetheart that I have been rehabbing. I'm doing it with some Mary Engelbreit style papers and colors. It has been sitting for so long, I can't believe I'm finally so close to being done. I'm also really motivated right now, because I refuse to start the Adams until this one is done! Although, I have been toying with having one in progress upstairs and one downstairs... :flowers:

It helps that I have been stuck in the house a lot. We had heavy winds here Sunday, and realized Monday that a branch must have flown across the driveway, bounced off the side of the house, and broken the side window on the van! It was really freaky how it must have happened, the van was not in a position for the branch to hit it any other way! And we can see the mark on the house. So, I have been home most of the last 2 days waiting for the glass people to come, only to have it start to rain right before they get here each time!!! Oh well, we have gotten the important things taken care of, and the rest of the time I have enjoyed being "stuck" at home!

Cleaned house in the AM sanded some more on the Parlor floors of my San Fran, sanded a bit on trim, made a few more perfume bottles. Next I need to put up the wallpaper in Abby's bedroom she is such a fussy old lady I better make sure I get it just right.

Well, I received my order from Manor House yesterday.. Window/door trim.. I'm stumped!!! I have no idea what I'm doing and I think I really need an Easy Cutter.

Woe is me.

I'll be going off to the mainland tomorrow.. maybe I can find an EasyCutter at ACmoore?? Or Joanns??

Rain finally ended tonight. I'm up to my neck in mud. Thought about building an ark, thought it would never end. On the bright side... it wasn't snow!!!

Ok, I'm off to browse the galleries to get an idea of how to trim up my interior doors and finish up the crown moulding and baseboard.

Wish me luck.