What are you working on today?

ilovecats

I just glued one section of the roof on the Le Arthur. I think because it is such a stinky day out today I am going to finish building the shell.

• Replies 839
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm, I am really working on the pet items but thinking about Mr LE Arthur.... When out picking up some fresh veggies I also went passed the colour samples area in the store and got a couple of jars of the paint I am going to use on the exterior, a slightly "off" red colour that I think will work with the rest of the strong colours I am using for this. Then I have painted the frames on the small cork boards I will use at the show in a silvery colour, smells yuck eventhough it is a water based paint so hopefully just another coat on the last one....

And now awaiting glue to dry on the first set of corner pet beds in the first colour...

Hugs

spending the day with DH...shopping for a washer than later I am doing a deep clean of the work area. 2 big projects that I have been wanting to do are in a race to see which is first in line.

but neither can start till the area is cleaned and organised!

collect all of the errant tools that have somehow managed to find their ways to other parts of the house :wub:

nutti ;)

I have painted my Willowcrest, yeh, finally something happens. Also been sawing all the small wooden corners. However it's a bunch of work I still love working on the house.

I made shingles. I took old shingles off of one section of the mystery house. I put new shingles on the section. I didn't like said shingles so I took them off again. I put shingles, like the old ones, back on. Are you still with me on this? I quit to let the shingles dry. I wrote about it in my blog. That was more fun than the actual shingling. May I say"I AM SICK OF SHINGLES!"? For further explaination, see blog. I don't want to talk about it any more.:wub:

It looks great! :wub:

Thank you! Tomorrow I'll get some black spray paint and finish it off in black.

Today I went to a miniature shop and picked up more fencing for the railings, but had a small accident on the way home - dodged something that came off a truck in front of me, but ended up hitting a curb, denting my rim and shredding my tire. By the time I got the tire and rim replaced and got home, all I wanted to do was watch TV and play on the computer.

I finally made a trip to Michaels to replace my exacto saw which mysteriously disappeared. Now that I bought a new one the old one will show up. I used it to tonight to work on my bedroom furniture I'm making. If you have the book "Making Dolls' House Interiors" by Carol and Nigel Lodder I'm making the bedroom set in it. I'm hoping to finish the woodwork tomorrow and paint this week.

I am still , slowly working on my Magic Shoppe. I am starting to put on the stones & bricks that I made with the stencil. Once they are on, I will touch up the joints with paint. I am fighting the flu, so I am not getting a lot done !

I said I was going to work on the LE Arthur today but my muse has changed her mind. I am working on the Gentlemen`s office in the MHM. I finished fixing the wallpaper and now I am working on the floor by the patio doors. Later I want to finish painting the second floor staircase. I need to remember to buy spindles and handrails for both staircases. Maybe I will find them at the show with Dawn! You can remind me Dawn...LOL

Of course I have NO camera to take pictures. UGH! This is getting to me. I need to get to the pawn shop, see if they have anything good and purchase. Too many bills and obligations though at this time.

Well today I was going to do lots of uni work. Guess what distracted me? Minis, soooo much more fun than uni work! Now I've finally sat down to do some uni work, but am I doing it? No, the forum is distracting me again :yay:

Enjoy your mini-ing everyone!

I started cleaning my workroom this morning......Big Mistake!!! In the middle of cleaning, I decided to make a list of all of the unfinished(in various stages of completion from box to almost there)mini projects I have. It is not a pretty site. Imagine a big pile of unopened boxes and partially completed projects on the floor. Imagine me sitting in my desk chair making a long list. Imagine me wondering where to start,,,,,,,,,Then go look at the list of Greenleaf houses I like best(that I want). I am in soooooo much trouble! :yay: Back to work.

Yesterday as I packed my craft room my kids started going through my stock of furniture and redecorating their houses. Which led to the need to bash, paint and repair some furniture. Today they want to pick out pictures and finish the decorating. But first we have to do some packing of that craft room- our move is less than a week away now. :yay:

Today I have finished all my new ornaments for the roof and made a new balcony, also finished the ornaments for the porge, it was a very productive day. I hope you all had a great day too.

Which house are using for your pub?

It's a retired kit...the Country House. I closed in the open wall on the side. I decided to leave out the staircase as well...partly because i broke it when i was punching out the pieces from the sheet. Also, i tried to add it yesterday and it was giving me a fit so i said forget it!

Not sure i'm loving how this is turning out tho. It's actually a witch/wizard pub and i decided to go pretty dark with the interior....i think it's too dark and i'm not going to detail how i feel about the exterior...lol...i already put all my grumblings about that under my blog. In the next week or so i'll update photos. I want to finish the interior before i do that. :yay:

My own bannisters and railing for the Pierce:

It is a bit uneven right now-- the posts don't sit on quite the same places on the steps... I am still figuring out the railing though...

Whoops-- that's the Beacon Hill...!

I am working on nothing...LOL

I have to wake Natalie in about an hour (CAPT testing this week and freshman go to school later). Then I have to wake up Fred..so..he..can..call..the...guy!!

I will be so disappointed if it doesnt come. I will have to go pout over by the MHM and re-arrange furniture.