What are you working on today?

ilovecats

Yesterday I painted some more of the resin parts of the 1:24 refrigerator, and if I can grab a minute today I'll do another coat of paint on the outside.

As I posted in "Chit Chat", we bought a replacement for our good ol' RV camper, it was no longer co$t-effective to keep 'er going when there is finally a model available with the enclosed storage space we need for the bicycle$! So we are frantically taking EVERYTHING out of the Little House on the Highway so I can vac & mop & clean the tub, sink & icebox one last time and do the TRADE on Tuesday. Then all the stuff has to go back in for our three-week trip beginning Friday! Life was never this hectic when we were working! When did I find time to work an 8-hour day!?

• Replies 839
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since the cable and internet have been on and off because of system upgrades, I have gotten a lot of work done on the spring fling house.

I am starting to think about landscaping and the whole exterior setting. Going to be putting in the windows today and start shingling the roof..Ugh!

Yesterday we bade a fond farewell to our Star Truck and welcomed the Wheel House into our yard, so mini-ing will be catch as catch can. I have thoroughly impugned whoever designed the 1:24 refrigerator kit, the hinges on the resin part totally self-destructed and the pins supplied are just not getting it done. I have amazed myself with the extent of my *magic* word vocabulary! and the feral cats are having parties.

I've been starting to saw all the woodparts for the wooden floors, I got two large boxes full of paintingsticks, I don't know if you knew them but it been small woodensticks which you get when you buy a can of paint. Our local paint- and wallpapershop stopped selling paint and I could get all the woodensticks for free. They been really great for making old wooden floors or staircases. I also painted the porge for the second time and been puzzling on the wallpaper for the stairway of the Willowcrest, it will become almost the same as the attic, it's the same pattern but in creme.

Still plugging away on the Vineyard Cottage and the house I started in the Rik Pierce class. I only have landscaping to do on that one though, but putting siding on the Vineyard takes a while.... I also scraped some more of the glue off the roof of the Madison and I'm almost ready to put the new roof on it. And, the little mountain cabin that we were building for a friend has been calling me the past couple days....

I just saw my Workshop is set to deliver this afternoon, so I'll probably be reading over the directions and timidly poking at the boards. :D

Becky, I got mine a few days ago and you wouldn't believe how easy and fast the build goes.

It MAY have taken me all of 10 minutes....lol

Good Luck mrfranco, I was going to make it a room but backed out, today I got shingles on the third side of 1 tower and the second priming/sanding done on a lot of trim and am currently hiding from the dormer/tower windows haunting me in the kitchen, lol

I have to admit... it was pretty scary when I first cut the sides. The whole thing fell apart and was about as stable as jello. It scared the crud out of me! :D

I ended up adding some supports out of corner trim and some other tinkering and then added the roof panels. By the time I was done it was nice and sturdy. However, I just realized I don't exactly have any access to the room. I don't know if I'll keep it that way or try to figure something out. *sigh*

Worked on the Adams today ... made gate posts and a gate for the yard and figured out how to hang it so it will open, painted the paperclay brick sidewalk, painted the chimney, glued together the interior window trim and glued it to the windows and spent some time just admiring my handiwork. :D

Becky, I got mine a few days ago and you wouldn't believe how easy and fast the build goes.

Easy is so the word for this build. I have the roof taped up waiting for the glue to dry right now. I have to shingle the roof tomorrow. I have finally stuck to an idea for it. I will have some landscaping to plan and implement but the house itself went together in a snap!

Steve what did you use for the structure??

I'm still working on my Magic Shoppe. Most of the lights are in & the fireplace is wired. The furniture is made, but not all installed. 2 of the walls for the addition are up. I'm moving along slow, but sure. This building is more of an exercise in working with different shapes. It's a fun, learning experience !

I actually managed to work on gnome cottage # 2 for two days in a row. I've been snapping pictures, but haven't had time to put them online. The cottage looks more or less like the first one, so far, except there's just one door and the window arrangement is a little different.

I keep getting ideas for great things to sell, but I can't make them til I get this finished.

Yes, this one is much less daunting than the multiple sheets of pieces for the Buttercup (I don't even want to think about another project that came to mind yesterday which will probably require two HUGE kits)!

I labeled and removed the pieces from the board. I got a late start so I didn't have time beyond that before it was bedtime, but I had to struggle to resist getting the primer out!

Only later, my fiance suggested maybe I bash the workshop together with the Buttercup... now THAT thought's in my head, so I'll look at the plans, figure the logistics, and decide whether or not I want to... If not, yeah, I think I'll build this workshop very soon!

Yesterday, I finished the ME house, and decided to try to sell it (finally - it was hard decision - lots of arguing with myself :p ). I am happy to have that "settled feeling" with it, as my workshop arrived yesterday. YAY! So, I will be getting started on that today. Perfect timing too. The weather is sooo nice today. I can get out and sand!

We have friends coming over for coffee later. Depending on how the morning goes, they may get to be artistic advisors. Yes, they are great friends - they both have childhood dollhouses, and like minis, but they never built or got into it like we are. Still, they are supportive of my obsession. Luckily, I do a lot of work in the kitchen anyway, so my building there fits in with our coffee time nicely.

Hope everyone has a great day!

I have to admit... it was pretty scary when I first cut the sides. The whole thing fell apart and was about as stable as jello. It scared the crud out of me! :p

I ended up adding some supports out of corner trim and some other tinkering and then added the roof panels. By the time I was done it was nice and sturdy. However, I just realized I don't exactly have any access to the room. I don't know if I'll keep it that way or try to figure something out. *sigh*

With my garfeild the tower roof is a lttle fourtian tellars room. I am putting a cofered ceilng in the room bellow to disguze the trap door. To get to it I made a Rope Ladder.

I wen to work work(7am to 12:45 today) and then I paid my bills :angry: I also have a load of laundry to put in the dryer and living room to clean and dishes :huh: then later tonight IF things go my way I will BE working on the Spring Fling contest some more tonight!! I still need to figure out dinner :blink:

I keep answering this and I never seem to finish anything....Well not since the quilt shop. I spent the morning mucking out my workroom so that I could fill it up again. No. I mean literally fill it up. I am having to move things in there from all over the house. We are having our carpet restretched tomorrow so everything has to go somewhere. So......That means a double bad thing day . Miniatures have to be moved and also I can't work. Unfair!!!!!I am going to figure out something one way or the other. I WANT TO MINI!!!! Yes I am yelling! :blink:

We are now officially moved into the new LHOH, the last things will be to take out the opened carton of Egg Beaters, coffee can & bread to go in the icebox after breakfast tomorrow, crank in the slide-out and head out. I put out a bowl of cat food for the lovely gray & white feral kitty sunning itself on our sauna deck (leftover from the *magic* words sesson with the 1:24 icebox kit!, no doubt). I'm going to see if I can hunt up some wire to try hinging that icebox door and go fix supper.

In case anyone notices, we'll be gone for two weeks.