What are you working on today?

ilovecats

THANK YOU!!! Shirley, I highlighted & copied your instructions, I'll see how it works for me. BTW, our KathieB had an extra wee crucifix she has graciously offered to share with me; and Terri offered, and gave me the brilliant suggestion to make a mold! Y'all are the nicest bunch of cyber friends anyone could ask for. :lol:

I strung the bed this AM and somewhere in my fabric stash I have an old striped shirt that is perfect for 1:24 scale ticking, probably fill the mattress with teeshirt layers. I'm about to agree with Anne Geddes, 1:24 scale is a lot of fun, but small as I want to go!

BTW, I made up the 1:24 scale kitchen stove from the Jan/Feb issue of DHM, using basswood. Apparently the stovetop pattern was to be made in paper & folded; I had to cut it in half to get it to fit, so I used the other half for a base and it turned out well. I found some wee lock washers with external teeth to work for the burners, that came four to the packet at Lowe's and they were weensy enough to use them all. A Sonic straw makes a perfect stovepipe in 1:24, too. I can't wait until I get the current roll of film finished and share this with y'all, I hate using the work "cute" in the same sentence as "miniatures", but doggone it, 1:24 scale is just plain CUTE!!!

• Replies 839
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I'm hoping that TONIGHT I can start the wiring... Now that my invitations are done I have to STAMP them! Will it never end? LOL!

It's a marriage, you silly goose ... you don't want it to end! :lol:

Hi Holly,

Got to thinking last night after I posted the directions for the sombrero that regular felt is going to be way too thick. Today I tried it with craft felt, and while I could form the crown, the brim just wouldn't work. Either I am out of practice or it doesn't stretch well enough. So, made a brim by cutting a circle approximately the size I wanted, cut a small hole in the center, glued it up and shaped it in a little dish (lined with saran). When everything was dry I trimmed the crown and glued it to the brim, put on a band, and a cord to keep it on and it worked quite well. I am not sure how small you are going to have to make it but I used two small beads on the top of the dowel I used to get two humps in the top of the crown. While I was playing with this, I was wondering if the old friendship bracelets that the kids used to make with embroidery cotton would work for a little serape. This one measures 3" across, so too big for yours, but I enjoyed making it.post-1625-1209091168_thumb.jpgpost-1625-1209091255_thumb.jpgHope this works better. Shirley

El sombrero es muy perfecto! (wish I had an inverted exclamation point on this machine!)I'll need to get Panchito made to see how big a head I need it to fit. I can whip up a serape, probably knit or crochet it, can't imagine weaving one that small!

(I miss my full-sized computer with the alt number keypad.)

Today I hope to make up the mattress for the bed. I've begun to crochet a mini poinsettia afghan in sewing thread colors to put on it, using a size 12 steel hook. I cut down a half-dozen turned toothpicks and painted two more of the newels I had, to make a railing around the stair opening on the second floor, and try to get it installed today.

I'm finally ready with my changes and my Garfield is in the prime and when it's dry I can start with the walls, yeh. Between all this work I have sand the staircase, and sand the staircase, and sand the staircase :) and sand ....... :wub: and .............. :) which is ready to paint. The decoration paint which some advised me is not for sale in the Netherlands. Due I want to keep inside as much as I can original I desided to sand and paint it.

Lots to do in the real world today...clean house and work :wub: Going to do a little outside work, like 30 min worth, then paint my siding for the BH,

Linda, I can't wait til I get where you are...it will be a little bet yet before I start windows....I'm going to make some stone work for my chimney with paperclay...finish siding, and I guess then windows (I've heard it looks better if the windows go on last)

Your BH looks great :)

Got a chance to do some siding on the BH this a.m., before we hop into the truck and head for Texas for the weekend--

The porch pieces are about ready to glue on, but I figured I better side this wall first while it's wide open, since it has the porch light on it...

Well...I did my housework yesterday, had a root canal last night and today I'm working on my minis... :)

I'm working on distressing the furniture for my MHM right now. It's going pretty good, much easier than I expected. I'll post pics when I'm done. After that I plan on doing some more work to the inside of the MHM...probably start laying my hardwood flooring. I might run by the miniature shop and get a few things.

Jeffrey! Are you still here??? You get back to your homework, boy, or I'll take the carpet beater to your backside!

:):rofl:

Edit: Oh, good ... he's gone.

LMAO i got some done but i have a ton more to do. feel free to do this again in the future. :lol:

I have paper mache from one end of the kitchen to the other, curtains drying to finishup my G-daughters house and glued the floor and walls together on the Mercantile I am Making for my other sisters Birthday. The travel trailer is in Time out for being bad!

I headed to JoAnn after going to the doctors to get my shots today. I took advantage of the 6/$0.96 sale they have on their open stock scrapbooking papers and grabbed six different ones I think might work, after being tea stained, to experiment with for the cottage, also got my dark stain for 40% off with a coupon, and a bottle of leaf green ceramcoat paint on sale for $0.89. I got everything I need to finished the rest of the interior and exterior (save for 4 more sheets of scrapbooking paper once I decide which patterns I'm using) for under $7! I'm so proud of being thrifty :)

Today if we don't go cycling will be a mini-needlework day, crocheting a 1:24 bedspread/ afghan and stitching the rug.

The mattress with the teeshirt filling turned out as I had hoped/ expected, and the little pillows, too.

Gotta finish writing up my dissertation, to be basically finished by tomorrow night. The discussion has taken me over a week to do though, working on it 5-8 hours a day. It is just such a slow process!

I want June 7th to be here, I've had enough studying!

Have a good day everyone

Muriel :)

We did get to go bicycling today, only 14 miles but just a lovely day, with lunch in St Mark's and walked it down afterwards at the marina. I got the little crucifix Kathie sent me today (THREE days! how good is that!?) and installed in la casita's bedroom, where it looks PERFECT! Oh, I hope these pictures I'm taking turn out!

after working for 7 hours on school work I went and stared at the papers I tea stained last night and only one of them really looks good. I think the stripes might be passable for the lower floor, but I'm not in love with them, so I don't know. I'm so cheap that I'm trying to avoid paying 70 cents a sheet for them at the scrap booking store :) However, now that the JoAnn sale is over, I'd have to wait until they were on sale again to get them for -less- that that anyway!

After I finished up the printies. I build some stuff out of wood. I can't tell you what one of them is because it's too close to the theme, but I will admit to a wee cigar box. Phew! Teeny tiny! Only a few more little things to do, then comes staging it for photos. Hope to have it finished tomorrow. :)