What's everyone working on?

Kat what about a pot belly stove?

Hi Roxy,I thought about that-they are so cute-but I'd rather do something more modern. I ran across a RL one online I liked,but lost track of it. Will have to just search again...

Can't wait to see your Sugar Plum! Too bad you aren't here,you'd have plenty of natural moss to choose from! :)

Just bought two mini rooms with a music box and lights from eBay. Here are the links from the seller's listing when they are finished.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/251168818086?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2648

http://www.ebay.com/itm/261320538272?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

I've always been curious about these Chinese boxes and houses. Keep us posted concerning the quality. I considered buying a DIY before but the translation of the warnings and instructions scared me, actually they were quite comical:

"1.Accessories : sandpaper , wood frame , glue , lamp , other addessories fabric , plastic , wood , silk , etc paint and brushes for large house

2.Age : suitable for children and adults from 6 to 100 years old .Enjoy the crafting time alone or with family

3.Challenge your handmade , develop your talent , please do not give up halfway , one of the essential decoration in your home.

4.This house is like a small version of the real house , and it`s very cute.Customers like it deeply

Note:

1.Should be used , children under adult`s guard

2.Please don`t be throwing each other

3.Do not swallow , small objects , so as not to risk events occur

4.Toys if damage is found , carefully saved or recovered

5.To avoid fall hit , sun , damp"

My burgundy Colonial house is being donated to Dollhouses for Kids Battling Cancer so I am diligently working on gathering furniture, dressing beds and making curtains so it is ready for pick-up on Monday, April 7!

I don't normally fiddle with furniture and stuff, so this has been kinda fun. I made little bedspreads and pillows and bought some pretty lace for curtains. My sewing skills are not the best any more, but good enough to get the job done. LOL I will take pics this weekend and post them in my gallery.

Once this is done I will return to the A-frame play scale house and get it finished up by Easter.

• Like 2

I've always been curious about these Chinese boxes and houses. Keep us posted concerning the quality. I considered buying a DIY before but the translation of the warnings and instructions scared me, actually they were quite comical:

"1.Accessories : sandpaper , wood frame , glue , lamp , other addessories fabric , plastic , wood , silk , etc paint and brushes for large house

2.Age : suitable for children and adults from 6 to 100 years old .Enjoy the crafting time alone or with family

3.Challenge your handmade , develop your talent , please do not give up halfway , one of the essential decoration in your home.

4.This house is like a small version of the real house , and it`s very cute.Customers like it deeply

Note:

1.Should be used , children under adult`s guard

2.Please don`t be throwing each other

3.Do not swallow , small objects , so as not to risk events occur

4.Toys if damage is found , carefully saved or recovered

5.To avoid fall hit , sun , damp"

I have a magnifier head lamp that says it is perfect for "beast doctors".

LOL Debra

After several days of migraines ( booo hissss) I felt better today! To further cheer me up Fed Ex delivered my Storybook Cottage this morning! I am excited but I quickly put the box into the closet where it should remain until the Fall!!! Of course I know its in there and I am almost done with the Sugar Plum............:)

• Like 1

I posted picture in my Fairfield gallery of sunroom addition I am working on. Think I got bored while putting on siding. Plan to finish the sunroom before making possible changes to the Fairfield.

This looks awesome! It's a great addition to the Fairfield.

Does anyone remember where the bedconversion chart is? I know we have one on here but I cant find it. I have some material that is already cut in squares, im hoping it will be the corect size for a bed spread. Hoping to make a few bed sets.

Kellee

Thank You so much Kathie !!

I have several pieces of fabric that will look adorable as a bedspread. I just hope they will work... may be able to make some throw pillows with them if not... but I hate to throw away good fabric !!

I got lost all afternoon in "mossing" ( is that a word?) my Fairy House! I never had such a fun mess in my life!!! I can see now that I have finished that I am going to have a shedding problem with the moss forever. Has anyone else used a lot of moss and do you have a way to keep it from shedding all over the place? Would spraying it with acrylic spray help or would it mess it up ???

I never realized there was such a lot of different size beds!!! Thanks KathyB!

I bought a lighted magnifying mirror once to put makeup on---LOL! Too depressing! Every teeny wrinkle looked like the Grand Canyon!

Ha! I learnt that one ages ago. I have a tiny hand mirror, I can only face looking at little bits of my face at one time. As for mirror wardrobes/full length mirrors - just say no :D

Twinkle used a moss product from Michaels that was premade into flat sheets with an adhesive backing. It sheds a tiny bit if handled roughly but we found it to be a great product. She used it for her grass around her barn on last years SF.

My Fairy House is completed!

Pictures uploaded on my blog. Excuse the blog I am having some problems with the codes at the moment but the photos are fine. Let me know what ya think! :)

http://roxysminithings.blogspot.com/

If you click on each picture, there is a caption under the photo. If you do the slide show you will not see the captions. Thanks for looking!

Oh Roxy, I love it! The Sugarplum was an excellent choice and you did the fairies proud with such a lovely home. There are so many things hidden here and there in the detailing and each one is a delight to find. I love houses that keep me saying, "Oh wait! Look over there!" I'll spend a lovely afternoon going thru the pictures over and over because there's always something new to see that I didn't see before. This is just a great house Roxy!

• Like 1

Roxy,this is soooo adorable! All the little creatures are such fun. I love the mossy bed the best-wish I could just curl up and nap all day in it!:) Great job,my very creative friend! :clap: