What's everyone working on?

I am waiting for my books to arrive, really looking forward to the 30's & 40's one by Jane Harrop after reading your post Holly. I am finishing up Loganberry #2 and am glueing the Allison together , then on to the Magnolia. Looks like I will have at least six builds to take to the craft fair, hopefully some will sell and the money will go towards my Beacon Hill . :)

• Like 2

I'm making no sew doll clothing from a kit I found at Goodwill. It is the miniature dress making kit sold at Barnes And Noble and I'm using the fabric it had (some stuff was missing) in the back and my creations look great so far!

• Like 1

This weekend I rearranged my dollhouse room.! this week I will be decluttering the tables, and organizing everything.... I love hoe it is turning out. I have a rehab house on my work table. A friend of ours asked me to build 2 houses, for his daughter and niece for their birthdays next month.

Kellee

• Like 3

I'm finally almost finished with my latest Storybook Cottage Edit. All I have left is 7 more paint colors and Greenery, flowers and water :) This final phase is my favorite stage in dollhouse building. You can see it here: http://www.greenleafdollhouses.com/forum/index.php?app=gallery&image=99114

I'm finally almost finished with my latest Storybook Cottage Edit. All I have left is 7 more paint colors and Greenery, flowers and water :) This final phase is my favorite stage in dollhouse building. You can see it here: http://www.greenleafdollhouses.com/forum/index.php?app=gallery&image=99114

Wow that is wonderful. You really are an artist!

• Like 1

I spent a couple hours building that little corner hutch that came with the Sugar Plum.....ahem.......it needed a LOT of help!!! I added pieces and trim here and there, painted it lavender and after the moss grows over the rough edges it will look fine me thinks....:)

• Like 1

I made a couple of mini things (finished the crochet; in mini it goes fast) and DH brought some more boxes out to the shop for me to unpack. I also carried my Newberg box out there.

• Like 2

Chad surprised me with quite the belated birthday gift. I always have things on my wish list at Amazon and he went there and ordered some of the stuff for me, what an awesome son ! :) I am sitting here reading up on my new Dremel Moto saw and looking at my

porcelain dollhouse family and some clay tools. There's even a few books from my list headed this way, such a lucky girl. :D

I haven't been working. I've been playing. :lol:

http://www.greenleafdollhouses.com/forum/index.php?app=gallery&image=98959

Brae, that made me literally laugh out loud. Then I looked at it again and laughed some more. Isn't it great to just play and get into the Zone just for the pure joy of it? Your joy shows in your work which is probably why I love looking at your minis so much.

I'm finally almost finished with my latest Storybook Cottage Edit. All I have left is 7 more paint colors and Greenery, flowers and water :) This final phase is my favorite stage in dollhouse building. You can see it here:http://www.greenleaf...ery&image=99114

Tracy, it's coming out gorgeous! I really, really love this one a lot. You just keep taking that kit to new levels all the time. I can't wait to see how the landscaping comes out. Looking at your mini landscaping is like taking a walk thru a wild english garden and I adore pouring over pics to find all the little details here and there.

I've been playing with arranging my dollhouses to find the best way to display them. Our new house has two lofts upstairs and one of them is the perfect home for all my dollhouses. I'm excited that they have space to walk between the tables so both the front and back of all houses are accessible.The upcoming monumental task is going to be getting them all back on bases and relandscaping everything but I think that with the way I have the tables arranged now, I can scoot around in the office chair I use in the studio pushing a rolling cart with my supplies along with me. The next step is going to be going over each house individually and making a list of any damage done during the move so I can plan repairs and take care of them when I'm putting the house back on its base. One of the other things I did was to hang my art quilts on the walls of the dollhouse loft. It's kind of cool to have all my art displayed in one place like that.

Deb

• Like 3

I am sitting here reading up on my new Dremel Moto saw and looking at my

porcelain dollhouse family and some clay tools. There's even a few books from my list headed this way, such a lucky girl. :D

Kool! Tools and books and dolls!!!!!!!!!!! OH MY!!! :clap: I see that the Birthday Fairy came better late than never! :yes:

• Like 1

...... I've been playing with arranging my dollhouses to find the best way to display them. Our new house has two lofts upstairs and one of them is the perfect home for all my dollhouses. ....... It's kind of cool to have all my art displayed in one place like that.

Oh my, oh my, oh my, am I wicked jealous. :cry:

Happy for you :clap: but green with envy that you have such a wonderful place to display your work and I have zippo.

It sounds glorious. Can I come over and play?

• Like 1

Taxes. I am a retired accountant so I can muddle through them myself. This year I received multiple paged 1099 which I would normally hand key into Turbo Tax. Today, I said, "No Way am I doing all this work again!" So I called the maker of the 1099 and asked if they had some type of file they could send me which I could load onto Turbotax. They do and I should be getting the file shortly. A big Yippee and Duh in the same breath!

I've been working on the half scale Gull Bay cottage. This weekend I got the downstairs lights in. I posted about it here for the curious... turned out to be a pretty painless way to do ceiling lights without having to cut off the plugs.

Now I'm working on wallpaper and flooring. A mis-cut in my flooring led me to make a false foamcore wall (to cover up the flooring gap) with a fireplace over it. I haven't blogged about it yet but here are some pictures. (The wallpaper isn't glued in yet!)

post-7-0-69519800-1395788743_thumb.jpg post-7-0-33365000-1395788828_thumb.jpg post-7-0-75841800-1395788737_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

I am busy varnishing all the window frames, skirting boards and other "bits" without which I cannot progress with the Fairfield. Arghh it's taking AGES. Each piece needs to be varnished 2-3 times and is taking 24 hours to dry properly.

Next up is fixing all this stuff and putting the roof on before doing roof tiles on the roof and on the tower.

Oh yes and waiting for things I've orderd that are essential to the build to turn up. I've had three days holiday from work and have not done any spring cleaning - did dollshouse stuff instead :D

Turning a pile of supplies into something beautiful can certainly be considered cleaning, especially if your work area looks like mine when I'm mini-ing. (I have no dedicated space, so everything gets dragged out from various closets and boxes.)

• Like 2

Turning a pile of supplies into something beautiful can certainly be considered cleaning, especially if your work area looks like mine when I'm mini-ing. (I have no dedicated space, so everything gets dragged out from various closets and boxes.)

Well my view is that nobody will remember me for beng a good housewife and having a clean house when I'm dead but they will look at my dollshouse as an heirloom and it will keep my memory alive a little.