What's everyone working on?

Debra, I did a Steampunk recliner last year. It really does move from reclining to sitting up and back. Maybe you could get some ideas from it. Lots of gears and chains. It's here. http://caseymini.blogspot.com/2013/01/ive-had-enough-fun.html. The entry before and after this one show how I did it and the finished chair. The rocker sounds cool. Can't wait to see what you do!

I was talking to DH last night on how he would make a steam powered rocking chair and he suggested something like a locomotive apparatus. I'll have to sketch it out and look at some pics of trains. Great recliner by the way--love the gears and such!

Whohoooo, happy dance :banana: just got a confirmation at MIL and I got two places in a mini-doll making course last weekend in August. Soooooo much fun, it will cover the basics in creating a doll as well as dressing it and we are confirmed places and it is rather close by where we live,couldn't be better <doing a twirl>

Hugs

• Like 1

I got the treads glued to both floors' inner stringers for Washington and have begun cutting the risers. I feel like a wuss because I'm lucky if my hand holds up to whack out more than six pieces with the EZ Cutter before all strength of grip oozes out. I also primed the outer stringers; I'm staining the treads and risers and painting the stringers. I'm also going to make solid backs for the stairs, since I don't like how the open back of the stairs look, and the stairs will face towards the front wall, like in the houses I've lived in.

We had a further chat about the front door, and I might just have to trim up the kit's door and use it.

...pulled down the old bamboo shades from our REAL house today -

I'll try to recycle them into:

3/8" slats = trim, baseboards, flooring, siding, roofing, framing, etc.

3/16" slats = window frames & layered elements of trim, etc.

1/12" & 3/32" dowels = layered elements of trim, furniture legs, staircase spindles, spokes, etc.

Also have some bamboo skewers: 1/8", 5/32", 3/16"

Need to go to sleep.... but ran across this in one of my "planning" for future build kind of searches:

Anyone knows if one might be able to find something like that somewher???

Hugs

Anna, I went to MSN and put in miniature "coca cola machine", and poked "images" There are a huge number of different ones on there. Some are just small working refrigerators, butt there are a lot of minis too. You might try a few of these and see what you come up with. http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=Miniature+coca+cola+machine&id=8CA67C68FBC39C717E257776D3283D415B5E2FC8&FORM=IQFRBA

I am delighted to report that I finally got back to my minis today! I'm assembling my little Georgian Townhouse after having to shelve it for months! Poor little thing has been so neglected :weep:

Need to go to sleep.... but ran across this in one of my "planning" for future build kind of searches:

attachicon.gif$_57.jpg

Hugs

attachicon.gif$_57.jpg

Hugs

I saw one at Christmas time, as an ornaments but it had a mouse on it. Start to check around September.

• Like 1

No minis for me for several weeks. :( I've got wedding stuff to do! :)

the rehearsal dinner is at our place, so I've got to somehow rearrange my workroom so it doesn't look like a disaster! (my workroom is in the walk-out lower level....where the caterer will be working, and where guests will enter the house to use the bathroom.)

I'm doing a wedding cake for my oldest daughter's best college friend- she is getting married July 4th weekend, and we are traveling down to NC to attend the festivities.

I am also doing my son's wedding cake for July 19! :D So it looks like I will be doing a lot of baking a wedding cake prep. I am also making homemade strawberry jam for their wedding favors - and the strawberries are just coming into season! So bring on the jelly jars! LOL

Jackie, I am relieved to find out that somebody else besides me is being deprived of mini making right now. I am taking time out to deep clean my workroom. Misery loves company, as the saying goes... I want to mini, NOW!

Again doing happy mini-find-dance.... Found and purchased a few bits and pieces for the Lighthouse, keeping fingers crossed that I'll be avle to cut the angled pieces for the basement walls later on today.

Today it is a national holiday as it is our "4th of July" (6th of June instead LOL) so we are doing the most of an extra free day.

Hugs

• Like 2

Yay Anna!! You deserve another day off, especially when the lighthouse walls are calling you. Isn't it great when you find a few perfect pieces for a house?

• Like 1

I was eyeing Bruce's mitre box the other day when he had it out on his work table and he gave me a warning look like he knew what I was thinking. <giggling> Last week we were in Lowes and he'd gone off to look for something. When he came back he was grinning ear to ear and holding a set of the coolest mini files. There were about five or six in different shapes and just the right size for things like squaring off dollhouse window frames and stuff. I reached out to take a closer look and he pulled them back, clutched them to his chest and said, "Nuh uh. Mine."

Oh. Okay. I see how it is now. The honeymoon is over. After 15 years, we're splitting the tools. :compress: I told him I'd remember that the next time he wanted to borrow my EZ Cutter. hehehehehehe :construction:

• Like 3