What's everyone working on?

Brae, that made me literally laugh out loud. Then I looked at it again and laughed some more. Isn't it great to just play and get into the Zone just for the pure joy of it? Your joy shows in your work which is probably why I love looking at your minis so much.

Deb

:D Thanks!!!

I've been playing again.

http://www.otterine.com/blog/blog1.php/double-trouble

• Like 1

<wiping away the tears> Oh lordy Brae, I haven't laughed that hard in a long time. And it's obvious that from behind the camera you were probably laughing so hysterically that it's a wonder you got a steady shot at all. hehehehehehehe I love it!

I've actually done something that leads up to something dollhouse related. Wait. I take that back because I'm going to consider setting up my dollhouse loft (display room) as definitely being dollhouse related. It's going to be a big project in the end but it takes baby steps starting out and right now I'm just happy to say that I found the perfect sheer curtains to go in the dollhouse loft and they arrived yesterday. The reason I think it's worth mentioning is because I have a southwest exposure on that side of the house so I want to protect the houses from the harsh light but I still want to keep the room as light and airy as possible without putting sunscreen on the dollhouses. It worked! I've been standing in the doorway admiring the beautiful, clean, white light coming thru those curtains shining all around and over my dollhouses and it's simply gorgeous. What a difference one small element like the color of light coming thru the window can make to a display! Our house in Denver was rather dark with the primary exposure being northeast and very few windows so I'm loving the way I can actually see my dollhouses now! It might mean I have to dust them a little more often, but I think they feel more loved when they're in a brightly lit room.

Deb

• Like 2

Soon I'll be working on my first house the Orchid (Concepts}. I've been thinking about it a lot and decided to turn the bottom floor into a Victorian Boutique. I'm very excited! I've been to hundreds of sites looking for items and have started purchasing a few things that I just can't live without. :)

My Orchid is still in the box for my step-mom wants to do a house also, so I've bought another Orchid from ebay which hasn't arrived yet. Soon I hope to be posting pictures of hers' and of mine.

• Like 1

Finally!!! I'm doing the stars on the ceiling of my witches attic. I ordered various stars online and they were all wrong, too big, wrong colour, finally I found exactly the right size tiny silver stars in a packet of those annoying confetti pieces that people people put in birthday cards that when you open litter your floor with teeny bits of confetti!

They look fantastic!

When I have applied varnish over the stars I will post a picture.

Louisa, that just tells you the perfect mini can be anywhere!

Ordering some items for my 1/4 scale houses today, wallpaper and such. I'm also trying to talk my DH into going through his crap important stuff so he can fill up the TOTALLY EMPTY drawer I cleaned out for him. It's a drawer in the base of our bed so it's huge, and it's been empty for almost 3 days now (a major achievement in our small storage space available house) I really want to get started on my quarter inch as I just got a 1/4 scale Braxton Payne colonial fireplace(thanks Gonzo) It's so wee and wonderful!

Here's a pic http://braxtonpayne.com/FireplacesPages/QF_FIREPLACES_walk_in.htm

• Like 2

Ordering some items for my 1/4 scale houses today, wallpaper and such. I'm also trying to talk my DH into going through his crap important stuff so he can fill up the TOTALLY EMPTY drawer I cleaned out for him. It's a drawer in the base of our bed so it's huge, and it's been empty for almost 3 days now (a major achievement in our small storage space available house) I really want to get started on my quarter inch as I just got a 1/4 scale Braxton Payne colonial fireplace(thanks Gonzo) It's so wee and wonderful!

Here's a pic http://braxtonpayne.com/FireplacesPages/QF_FIREPLACES_walk_in.htm

Ooooooooooooooooh Sarah, that is one *sweet* little fireplace. You're braver than I am for working in full detail in that scale. BTW, does your hubby know that empty drawers are on a tight schedule and if they're left empty for, oh, let's say three days, it means that they're up for grabs by the first person who can fill them? It's true. :yes: In fact I think it's a law someplace. If not, we'll forge the documents for you so you can claim the drawer space! (Can you tell that I've gone thru the battle for storage space a few times?)

Deb

ANY and ALL flat surfaces in our entire house are magnetic to collecting "stuff". It's part of that law I think.

As to storage, is it even possible to have too much?

I've never heard of it before, but just wondering if somewhere in the universe someone has too much storage space.

I'll take it if they do.

It never ends! I found some new containers by Rubbermaid in the tool department at Walmart this morning. They are very similar to the Plano ones that I have used for years. Plano keeps changing theirs and putting on fancier closures. Then they up the price. I almost bought one this morning for 5.97. Then I happened to see these. They go by the name Bulldog. They are a dollar and a half cheaper and will work just fine. The compartments are adjustable and maybe a bit better than the Plano ones. They are four lines across the whole thing and each one of the rows has a lot of places to put the little dividers. I see more reorganizing in the future...

Love the fireplace Sarah ! I have a kit for one in 1/12 scale I am going to use in the Pierce. :)

Working on a sofa and chair, a couple of beds and some steampunk items. Trying to decide what kit will be my " punked " project. I have a list of ideas a mile long. :D

• Like 1

Trying to decide what kit will be my " punked " project. I have a list of ideas a mile long. :D

<perking up ears> You have my full attention! There are some GL kits that are practically begging to be 'punked and even after you narrow it down to one kit there's the fun part of deciding which style of steampunk you want to do. Everyone has their own flair to it so the possibilities are infinite. I'm so excited that you're doing mini steampunk because it's still not something you see every day. It's so much fun and sooooooooooo addicting that doing steampunk in miniature is like adding a new obsession inside an existing one. (there's sort of an elegant efficiency in that, isn't there?) <chuckling> When I saw skeleton clocks at Big Lots and bought four of them, I knew I had another little addiction.

I hope that you'll keep us posted about your decision and the build because this really is exciting. Where's Lene? She's another mini steampunker who will be excited about this.

Deb

• Like 3

... Steampunk is taking over the world...

Oh good! It's about time. I'm all prepared for it too, especially if you look in my jewelry box. Steampunk jingles, therefore I adore it.. Oddly enough I have a purple and black striped bar wench dress complete with corset in my closet that could be adapted to steampunk with just a few embellishments. If I were younger and could go to the cons, I'd do the full costume. More realistically, I'm getting my current steampunk fix with an altered book.

I still haven't finished Zar's Clockwork Cottage and a friend suggested Steampunk for the Brimbles Mercantile

Oooooooooooooooh, that would be *so* cool. The Brimbles has so much character already that it will go steampunk in a very delightful way under Zar's supervision. He, I mean you, come up with some excellent ideas. Half the challenge of steampunk is making it look like it could work and Zar, I mean you, make it appear as if each component has a purpose. The Vineyard Cottage is the one I've saved back to do in steampunk and I even kept the time travel bed to go in it.

Deb

Your bed is awesome Deb !! :) And Zar's creations are so cool . I have a page of drawings and ideas , I went and raided my jewelry boxes , so I have all sorts of bling and gears and ...... going to go find some furniture to revamp . :D

Oh good! It's about time. I'm all prepared for it too, especially if you look in my jewelry box. Steampunk jingles, therefore I adore it.. Oddly enough I have a purple and black striped bar wench dress complete with corset in my closet that could be adapted to steampunk with just a few embellishments. If I were younger and could go to the cons, I'd do the full costume.

Okay Deb, saying that is just screaming for a pic!! :yikes:

• Like 1

Oddly enough I have a purple and black striped bar wench dress complete with corset in my closet that could be adapted to steampunk with just a few embellishments. If I were younger and could go to the cons, I'd do the full costume.

Okay Deb, saying that is just screaming for a pic!!

Oh-h-h--h-h-h yeah, and this would surely get the neighbors over to play ..... just sayin' ...

• Like 2

I have seen this lamp/chandelier on Ebay and were wondering if anyone around here knows a little bit more about it?

Tried contacting the seller but so far no response and since i do not know size etc it might or might not work for the intended room...

It being white and the style looks like it could work well in the scene but then again it might be a bit "plastic" and it isn't on thecheap side butmight be worth it so to speak.

Hugs

• Like 1