What's everyone working on?

Got my kits today and they are nice but I feel disappointed that the header description to them on eBay was a bit misleading. They both said "+MUSIC" which implies some sort of music box is included but it isn't. I still gave the seller four stars but mentioned that it wasn't accurate.

Roxy I didn't spray my moss with anything. It hasn't shed much but I think my moss is a different kind than yours from looking at the pictures. Or it could just be that the house is not moved around much. I put it up high when the GKs came to live because they were always wanting to touch it and although it didn't shed it would stretched by their little hands or pulled off. Your fairly house is fantastic I love it. Great job.

• Like 1

I moved the pub to the workshop to repaint the roof, only to find most of the ridgecaps had disappeared. What a nice surprise to pick up the packet of black construction paper and find a whole sheet of the slates I'd originally made, so I spent today replacing the missing. By tomorrow I should be ready to mask & paint. This was my first planned project for the new workshop; may all my projects go so smoothly!

• Like 4

Holly, it just makes me so happy to hear about you working on your projects. You waited for such a long time for your workshop, and in my mind's eye I see you out there happily puttering around working mini magic. Enjoy!!

Thank you, Sarah; it IS fun! I also have to repair the pub's sign before it's ready to come back into the house. I had a doctor's appointment this AM and then we took out tandem Santana to a local bicycle shop to see if they would sell it on consignment for us (they will) and then stopped at Lowe's coming home to pick up the pegboard and mounting borads for our respective work stations in the shop. After sunch I'm going to start loading food and clothes for this weekend's trip.

Mum and dad were here for a quick visit and mum has been busy with the threads and needle....

Wow, I'll say she's been busy. Beautiful work. Do you get to keep it or is it for her minis?

Wow, I'll say she's been busy. Beautiful work. Do you get to keep it or is it for her minis?

She loves those carpet patterns and stitch away so to speak so these are "mine" and if I want she'll be happy to make more. (So if anyone would be interested in any of these the ship easily!)

I try to find pattern books to share with her as she tends to make one carpet a week or less...

Hugs

Which books did she use? Some of those patterns look different from what's in my three, but it could just be her color palette.

Anna, with all those luscious rugs you need to do a mini rug store or an Arabian nights vignette!

The book is "Making Chinese Rugs and Carpets" and she has only scratched the surface of these patterns. All the carpets are up for trades as she would love an excuse to make me another ;) and you are right Kathie, I need an excuse to make lots and lots of scenes for the carpets!

Hugs

Beacon Hill. Finished the Westville, then the Magnolia for one of my granddaughters Have a barn and another house waiting in boxes. I am an addict that needs a 12 point program LOL.... :aussie:

I keep finding cool stuff on Pinterest that distracts me from construction. Today I made a "fish tank" and frame for my ceiling "painting" that will be in the entry way of the Hill when/if I ever decide to wire the house. I have the kit for wiring, but not the nerve.

• Like 1

Soooo, my "garage" ie the Baslow ranch has decided to start hollering again so am going to collect a few more items for it as it iss o adament about that.

The question we are debating is if a Housework garage door would fit the opening (tha is IF I could find oneandhaveitshipped over to me but that is secondary LOL. i do not want to lose the neat windows above though.

Need to make shelves that looks like metal, and a small retro fridge, need a HD bike and a gas pump along with a car lift... Why is itt hat from complete silence a kit goes into screaming and shouting their lungs out mode???

Then the Lighthouse is complaining about thecellarisnot done just yet and wants a couple of barrel chairs for that area, not sure on how to deal with that notion as the barrels I have at hand are to small to use for that and the resin ones I have will be hard to drill out the centers of. Tried a little with skinny sticks but that looked awful, just tube-shaped and not "barrel-y" at all, sigh....

Hugs

..... I am an addict that needs a 12 point program LOL....

Well, guess what? You came to the right place. :clap:

It's called Enablers Anonymous. We're famous for supporting any and all mini-addicts! :thumbup:

• Like 2

Anyone used those styrene strips from Evergreen? i want to make "steel" beams and fake metal shelvings so to speak and thought that these might work but not sure if they are to flimsy. I noow I would be mixing scales but for those shelf supports I think the I or H shapes would work, maybe...

Hugs

Anyone used those styrene strips from Evergreen? i want to make "steel" beams and fake metal shelvings ......

I'm not familiar with those products Anna. Do you have a web link so as to check it out?

My search didn't produce what your description sounds like.