Colonial Kitchen Roombox

alycemina

Hi all,

Below is a panoramic shot of my roombox. Other pictures are in my gallery. I bought the roombox off of ebay a while back. It had some out of period furniture in it, which I put aside. I fixed it up, and added the things I like. I worked the most on the fireplace, trying to add period appropriate pots etc. I was going to add dolls and food and other accessories, but they seemed out of place, so I made it more "Thorne Room" like. I hope you like it. Whoever made the roombox itself did a fabulous job in the design and execusion!

post-1825-1266122590_thumb.jpg

I too can imagine that the occupants have just gone out after cleaning up from sunday lunch. They've done the dishes and just a few more bits on the table to put away later. Great scene!

If you're interested I could trace & send you patterns to make the chair table, a trestle table and/ or a dough box (not in your picture), if you PM me your snail mail addy; we're going campling for a week tomorrow, but we'll be back in a week.

I don't like it, Alyce - I LOVE IT! It is the ultimate as far as room boxes or shadow boxes go, and it is very, very cozy. I have a room box in my kitchen that served as the setting for an ice cream pallor for many years. Last year my friend gave me the Furryville Mouse family (a.k.a. The Mouseberg Family Portrait), and I am thinking of retiring the ice cream pallor to make it a cabin for the mouse family. But I am also toying with the idea of creating a kitchen scene with pieces that differ from my dollhouse kitchens, but are still colonial. - Thanks for sharing.

• 2 weeks later...