What are you up to today? This week?

heidiiiii

I've had it with appliances! ..... I have a house in Vero Beach and it's been having its share of appliance problems, too. That fridge needed a new something in January, the a/c is not cooling well, and the dryer makes a terrible squeaking sound (these appliances are only 5 years old and rarely used). I've had it with appliances!

All appliances (including all technology items) are in a giant and powerful union you know so if one is having a problem, they all do and if you are mad at one, they will all go on strike to show support for the injured

one. Just thought you'd want to know.

• Like 1

Thanks so much everyone! So far the expected side effects have not materialized at all...holding my breath that it continues.

Maureen, I so hear you about the exercise! Walking is about the only thing I can do, and it's been impossible with all the snow and ice around here this winter. Do you have a shopping mall near you? There is one close to me that offers a walking club; I love it because there are chairs around in case I get tired (which happens very quickly, one minute fine the next not so much) and since our mall is enclosed there are no worries about precipitation or temperature. I also have a recumbent exercise bike which works nicely when I remember to get on it :rofl:

• Like 1

I live in CT and old man winter is still clutching his gnarly fingers to my cold bones. I did not go to Ritas. We have one by the house. It was a mob scene. I guess everyone decided if it is free, its for me.

I will go another day.

Natalie is my youngest..she is 20. She had infected puncture wound so we spent a few hours at walk in. Our GP was full. Shot and antibiotics. Gotta keep an eye for blood poisoning. She will be ok.

This chic is tired.

Oh, Louisa, sounds like great fun!

I finally forced myself to get to the taxes yesterday. Half a day and done. Well, not DONE done, but the worksheets are ready to mail off to the accountant who actually calculates our taxes. I really don't know why it is such an effort for me to face this every year. The stress levels mount considerably.

!

I finally forced myself to get to the taxes yesterday. Half a day and done. Well, not DONE done, but the worksheets are ready to mail off to the accountant who actually calculates our taxes. I really don't know why it is such an effort for me to face this every year. The stress levels mount considerably.

I completely understand it Kathie altho I can't explain it either. My stress goes up just thinking about them. I'm mostly done except for going thru the final check of my numbers and even that is something that I've been putting off for several days now.

Sarah, I'm holding my breath for you too in hopes that the side effects of the new meds won't materialize and that they work even better than expected for you. (BTW, I just realized that I need to reply to your PM! I just added a reminder to do that today so don't give up on me).

Selkie, I looked back thru your posts about the bling and didn't see a mention of hot glue. I have a low temp glue gun that works wonders for binding plastics without melting them. Is that something that you've already tried? I also have a clear glue that I use. Gimme a little bit to get into the studio and I'll look for the name for you. It's a glue that Dean sells in the GL store.

I've been out of it for a few days after all the fuss and excitement over the new car. Getting all the business side of it taken care of and transferring insurance, getting tags, transferring titles....all that stuff that is minor but slightly challenging for me to keep straight. I finished my checklist yesterday and don't think I've missed anything so I slept on and off for about 24 hours and feel more rested this morning. While I'm waiting for my morning arthritis meds to kick in I'll decide if I want to vacuum the living room floor and upholstery :suck: or if I want to go outside to pot a couple of new plants and start some seedlings. :farmer: Hmmm. Decisions, decisions. :hmm:

Deb :icq_online:

• Like 1

After 5 trips to the gown boutique I was finally able to pick up my mother-of-the-groom dress for my son's wedding in May. Alterations were not the problem, the seamstress somehow soiled the gown with some oily substance like pizza grease. I finally had to get the owner involved to have it properly cleaned. Too many "I don't know how this could have happened" comments. Very frustrating!

I've been out of it for a few days after all the fuss and excitement over the new car. Getting all the business side of it taken care of and transferring insurance, getting tags, transferring titles....all that stuff that is minor but slightly challenging for me to keep straight. I finished my checklist yesterday and don't think I've missed anything so I slept on and off for about 24 hours and feel more rested this morning. While I'm waiting for my morning arthritis meds to kick in I'll decide if I want to vacuum the living room floor and upholstery :suck: or if I want to go outside to pot a couple of new plants and start some seedlings. :farmer: Hmmm. Decisions, decisions. :hmm:

Deb :icq_online:

Car?? What kind? What color? I am curious! I am glad you are having a good day today. That makes me smile.

The stitches are out.. The lipoma is just a lipoma. Cancer free. I stopped at a nifty thrift shop in the town. I found a lounge around dress (turquoise, black, white) for $5 and a practically new coach wallet for $25. They go for triple that at the Coach outlet. It was a nice day today. I am going to relax for the rest of the evening. Let us pray that I do not get big snow next week!

• Like 1

Thanks for all the ideas. I really appreciate it.

The instructions said specifically not to use super glues because of the silver on the back of the gems. It also clouds them if them don't have the backing. I've used some of the glues I got from the bead store and Fire Mountain but again, it is this backing that is the problem. If these were glass or real, they would work but since they are just cheap plastic their only sparkle comes from the silver stuff. If only I could use the E6000 as it because it works perfectly, it just wrecks the gems.

I tried gluing some cloth to the areas so there would be something to grab the glue and that hasn't solved it either. I don't know about coating it with nail polish. Two slick surfaces may change up which glues will work. I'll try a sample tomorrow and see. It's worth a try.

I've cut out a new pattern and dug out my Gemagic tool and studs. They aren't going to show up very well from a distance because the studs are so much smaller that my Bling bucket gems but I'm running out of time to try too many more things. It has to be ready for this weekend.

Since getting air to the back thru the vinyl, what about a small hole in the material? Under the gem thing.

I did something today I haven't done in more than a year. I drove to town,only about 5 miles,all by myself and did some grocery shopping for my boss lady. This may not seem like a big deal,but it is for me. As I said,I haven't done this by myself in well over a year and don't go anywhere I don't have to or that I am not driven or accompanied by someone. I often get an upset stomach knowing I am going to be in a public place. I only drive myself 2 miles to my job as a caregiver in a private home situation. I don't think I am agorophobic,but it very stressful for me,knowing I could have a reaction to any random chemical fragrance that I am exposed to. I've learned the aisles in Walmart and other stores I can go through to avoid products with strong chemical fragrances and we don't eat out in restaurants unless it's a large open floor plan or at a time of day we won't be in a big crowd,full of people wearing perfumes and colognes. Haven't been to a movie in years. I was overjoyed my younger son's college graduation last year was in an outside setting...I still get exposed on occasion,of course,but if I am with someone it's less scary,for some reason. I become very sick and the headaches and other symptoms are like nothing I can fully describe. The symptoms can last hours or days,it just depends...Anyway,I volunteered to do this shopping trip today and was very excited and scared at the same time! But it went fine;I survived unscathed-this time. :) I need to get my life back! Maybe today was a first step. ^_^

• Like 5

Congratulations Kat on taking this very brave and important first step. Were you always sensitive to chemicals? I am not a medical professional, but it sounds like your fear of a reaction may have transpired into a general fear of crowds and public places. If you feel sick, it is only natural to want someone with you, and that alone can get down on the anxiety.

I am wondering if there isn't something you can do for your physical symptoms, like maybe speaking to a doctor about something you can take before venturing out, or something to have on hand when your symptoms occur. Whatever the case, your trip today is a major achievement. Take one day at a time, and feel well.

• Like 1

Car?? What kind? What color? I am curious! I am glad you are having a good day today. That makes me smile.

The stitches are out.. The lipoma is just a lipoma. Cancer free. I stopped at a nifty thrift shop in the town. I found a lounge around dress (turquoise, black, white) for $5 and a practically new coach wallet for $25. They go for triple that at the Coach outlet. It was a nice day today. I am going to relax for the rest of the evening. Let us pray that I do not get big snow next week!

Yay!!!!!!! That's awesome news! Doctors are horrible about scaring people half to death while we wait for those kind of test results to come back. Celebrating with a new Coach bag is definitely the way to do it right! I'll put a pic of the new car in the Canyon for you Heidi. I'm excited about it because it means that we can go places where I wouldn't have trusted our Blazer to go...........like over the big mountain pass in between me and my sister Neecy so now I can go visit her. Yipppeeee!!

Deb

• Like 2

Experimenting with new laptop. With all of our traveling, we decided we need one. Moving from Windows Vista to Windows 7. Taking some getting used to.

• Like 1

The stitches are out.. The lipoma is just a lipoma. Cancer free.

Yippee !!! So glad for you. Now Spring will feel even better.

Experimenting with new laptop. With all of our traveling, we decided we need one. Moving from Windows Vista to Windows 7. Taking some getting used to.

We went from Win XP, which we loved dearly, to Win 7 last year and have found it to be quite comparable. You can fuss with settings to make it as familiar to the old styles as you like. I have a mix of the old and new ways set on mine and it's been great.

• Like 1

Selkie, I looked back thru your posts about the bling and didn't see a mention of hot glue. I have a low temp glue gun that works wonders for binding plastics without melting them. Is that something that you've already tried? I also have a clear glue that I use. Gimme a little bit to get into the studio and I'll look for the name for you. It's a glue that Dean sells in the GL store.

Since getting air to the back thru the vinyl, what about a small hole in the material? Under the gem thing.

Thank you everyone for all your great ideas. I have tried and tried and tried to make these blings stick but have given up.

I do have that glue that Dean sells and I did try poking it through but nothing will work on the slick surface except E6000 which destroys the blinging.

So, I've made a completely new one (well actually I'm on my fourth). I'll post some comparison pics later. I love the big bling gems because this will need to be seen from 20-30 feet away and the little ones just don't bling enough. But I've finished up the other one now and I'm going with the smaller gems that poke through and attach on. The finished product has to be able to be moved around without something popping off every time I move it - plus it needs to be able to withstand storage in an unheated (cold in winter/hot in summer) room thus not wanting to use the hot glue. Hot glue and I are death enemies anyways. We do not get along at all. I have burn scars to prove it. (I'm a klutz by nature - what can I say?)

Has anyone else noticed that our posts are no longer counting? I've had 489 posts for some time now and also noticed that no one else's counts were increasing with each of their posts. Who would be the one to notify of this? I don't think it's just my browser -- I've restarted it, refreshed it, and even tried the page in a different browser (Safari) with the same results. Now using Google Chrome (Version 33.0.1750.117).

I stayed home all day and worked!!!!!! Laundry, mopping, spring cleaning.......got it all shiney and cleaned up .........then the dog came in and threw up all over my clean floors! :mad:

Roxy, this made me laugh! I love dogs...they keep us humble :)

• Like 1

Thank you everyone for all your great ideas. I have tried and tried and tried to make these blings stick but have given up. I do have that glue that Dean sells and I did try poking it through but nothing will work on the slick surface except E6000 which destroys the blinging.

So, I've made a completely new one (well actually I'm on my fourth). I'll post some comparison pics later. I love the big bling gems because this will need to be seen from 20-30 feet away and the little ones just don't bling enough. But I've finished up the other one now and I'm going with the smaller gems that poke through and attach on. The finished product has to be able to be moved around without something popping off every time I move it - plus it needs to be able to withstand storage in an unheated (cold in winter/hot in summer) room thus not wanting to use the hot glue. Hot glue and I are death enemies anyways. We do not get along at all. I have burn scars to prove it. (I'm a klutz by nature - what can I say?)

So, here are the 2 jeweled crowns (others are in the trash).

The one on the right just has the big blingy jewels (that I LOVE) just laid on it because they keep falling off with the slightest movement of it.

The one on the left is the one I need to go with - sigh - unfortunately, because those jewels are attached all the way through the backing. You can see the black felt backing I have it laying on.

It has to be handled a lot and must be super secure. I can' even get the one on the right to stay on long enough to attach it. When not in use, they also must be stored in an unheated room with hot summers and freezing winters which aren't glue friendly. (this is for my church - not me, btw)

I just need to finish dressing it up now and then attach it.

Has anyone else noticed that our posts are no longer counting? I've had 489 posts for some time now and also noticed that no one else's counts were increasing with each of their posts. Who would be the one to notify of this? I don't think it's just my browser -- I've restarted it, refreshed it, and even tried the page in a different browser (Safari) with the same results. Now using Google Chrome (Version 33.0.1750.117).

This post is 490. Apparently the counter is clicking again? I'll check my counter and come back here if it's not working.