What are you up to today? This week?

heidiiiii

I have roont my back today, but I hauled all my bits and bobs of wood, dowels, boards and stripwood, out to the shop. I found a wood & metal wine rack in our stash that, stood on its back, has lovely compartments to hold the wood pieces up. Tomorrow I'll finish stuffing the stripwood and dowels into the cardboard tubes from waxed paper and aluminum foil. DH had stacked boxes full of assorted stuff out in the shop, so tomorrow before it rains I shall try to go through them all to sort out what goes back in the house and what stays out there.

I have G scale trains. This was originally supposed to be all trains as I have 9 of them, but so many of these mini houses came out that they outgrew the other area they were in across the walk. So I had to compromise with 1 train around the outside. The houses are all 1/12 scale but the trains are 1/24. I think it will be fine.

Sounds wonderful. I think it should work fine. It's the overall perception not perfection that counts.

Our trains are all indoor ones. We have O, O27, and HO plus a child's battery set that is around a S.

I have indoor trains also - 0, HO, and N. I have indoor and outdoor G scale. The houses are also a wide variety of sizes, all 1/12 scale but are like the primrose to the garfield proportion. I had to do some juggling with grouping them. I'm gonna need a bigger yard....

Trains are so fun. I'd love to create a shelf that went all the way around my house inside and through my walls so I could have trains circulating the entire downstairs. I've seen these elevator type things so the train could lift up to the upper shelf but also come back down to a table display and keep on running. The grands and I think it would be great. DH not so much. He's not into trains.

One of the benefits we anticipate from finally getting all the workshop stuff out of the garage and into the new workshop is to turn the garage into a space DH can set up his trains!

BTW, I've been so busy happy dancing to see you home again, Deana, I forgot to say Welcome home again!

Unexpected company is coming on Saturday so I need to do pull out the steam cleaner probably today. Woke up with headache. This weather is doing a number on me.

Ouch, Heidi! I hate changeable weather, because of what the changes in barometric pressure do to my sinus cavities; some of those headaches are pretty debilitating. I wish I could send you some of the pretty weather we've been having it, but we aren't having it for the next couple of days and I'll probably be aching right along with you.

I'm still planning to play unpack boxes in the workshop today.

• Like 1

Thanks to a bout with pneumonia this week, I'm doing as little as possible LOL. This changing weather does not agree with my old body. Running the heater in the morning and AC in the afternoon is not good for me. Holly, I can't believe you are still unpacking...well yes I can, you are one busy woman wish I had your energy !! Missed you and this forum bunches.

• Like 2

Selkie, this is one of the last pictures I took last fall with a rough set up for the new village. I have bought 3 more houses and moved another into this bed. I hope to get the trains set up and the plantings in this year.

I soooo want my own fairy garden!!! Major envious, but might be able to create a little something atleast....

Hugs

• Like 1

...I can't believe you are still unpacking...

The workshop was supposed to be my Christmas present when we moved into our house here in 2011; it took nearly three years to find a builder. Did I ever tell you all the drama of getting this house? Anyway, EVERYTHING has been in the garage; the power tools still are!

Not doing miniatures for sure, spent the last two nights filling out pages of forms in triplicate to get a prison permit - I often work in prisons as part of my job as an NHS podiatrist.

Next up the interview, they want to make sure I don't have a meth lab in my back garden I suppose. All takes up way too much of my miniatures time.

• Like 1

You did what to your back, Holly? Did you, by any chance mean ruined it... or is "roont" a Southerism? Whatever, I sure hope you are feeling better!!! You've probably got all your stuff moved into your new workshop by now and having loads of fun -- I hope so!

I'm just coming up for air after a 5-day siege with a stomach virus that kept me in the bedroom since Sunday night! Thankfully, there's a master bath just a few steps from my bed. I can see that I have a lot of reading to do, and a lot of catching up. My new pasta machine arrived today (the Amaco that I had from years back turned out to be a piece of junk) and I scored a new, original Atlas machine on ebay!

I also saw that I got a mountain of RL (as in paying) work in earlier today, so I guess I'd better make some money to make up for lost time before I get crafty!

You did what to your back, Holly? Did you, by any chance mean ruined it... or is "roont" a Southerism? Whatever, I sure hope you are feeling better!!! You've probably got all your stuff moved into your new workshop by now and having loads of fun -- I hope so!

I'm just coming up for air after a 5-day siege with a stomach virus that kept me in the bedroom since Sunday night! Thankfully, there's a master bath just a few steps from my bed. I can see that I have a lot of reading to do, and a lot of catching up. My new pasta machine arrived today (the Amaco that I had from years back turned out to be a piece of junk) and I scored a new, original Atlas machine on ebay!

I also saw that I got a mountain of RL (as in paying) work in earlier today, so I guess I'd better make some money to make up for lost time before I get crafty!

I actually did muscle damage to my back in my early teens (doing something my mother instructed me to do) and it has never been right since, so when I do a lot of bending I'm only good for about an hour and then I have to stop and rest it. All the stuff is by no means moved, I swear it multiplied, tucked into the back corners of the garage for the past two and a half years; sort of like the Fisher-Price play people used to do in the bottom of our kids' toy boxes!

• Like 1

That's the nature of things, as we well know! I do hope you are feeling better, though -- not to mean that now you can just plow through and move things faster, but perhaps enjoy going through your stuff and finding things you didn't remember you had! Go easy on yourself. Believe me, life's too short to waste the minutes.

today I am finishing the quilt I embroidered for our upcoming newest addition.....

I had hoped to self miter the corners when I added the back but that didnt work with my rounded corners so back to the old stand by

pillowcase-style... I purchased 3" eyelet lace to give the illusion of a larger blanket....

have a monster high cardboard castle to finish after that....

and at some point I am going to have to address my work room and all the stuff from storage...but not today

:batman:

anyone know how to upload a photo to these msg's...as always I know so much but to little to actually know what Im doing

• Like 3

today I am finishing the quilt I embroidered for our upcoming newest addition..........

.... have a monster high cardboard castle to finish after that....

..... anyone know how to upload a photo to these msg's...as always I know so much but to little to actually know what Im doing

Sure is nice to see you back home here again. Sounds like you are keeping really busy. Be sure, at some point though, to take some time for yourself so you don't burn out (comes from the queen of burn out and who never says no)

Please post some pictures of your quilt and castle. You haven't forgotten how addicted we all are to eye candy, have you?

Look over in the Reunion post. I put in instructions for Peggi for adding pics and links in two different posts right near the end.

• Like 2

I am soooooooo tired. Fred and I went out to a diner at midnight, shared pancakes. Did not get to sleep till almost 2am. Friday is my busy day so I am beat. I like to wait till he gets home tonight.

You won't be able to blast me out of bed tomorrow morning.

Deana, I just got the chance to look at your fairy garden. It's simply fantastic! Can these houses be left out in rainy weather? Oh, I can hardly wait to see what you do when you add trains -- that is, I sure hope you'll share photos with us! I always wanted a train set, but my husband was too frugal, and now I'm not making any major purchases although I'd have so much fun with them -- just as you will, I'm sure! Hmmm... well, maybe I should rethink this <smack>!

Mandystar - yes the houses stay out all year. I should have taken a photo. The snow was so deep you could not see a single house. Thank goodness for the fence to keep the dogs from walking on them. I have to put in roads and the train bed and I have a whole bunch of plants I bought on clearance last fall, so I hope they made it so I can plant them. I just got half a dozen fairies.

• Like 1

today I am finishing the quilt I embroidered for our upcoming newest addition.....

Oh Lynette, that is soooooo sweet! Your embroidery is awesome and I adore those colors in that combination. Beautiful! I can't miter quilt corners to save my life either and the eyelet lace is an inspired touch. It'll be gorgeous. Have you done a tie dyed onsie yet? When is Cait due?

have a monster high cardboard castle to finish after that....

I have two questions. How high is a monster and under what circumstances did you learn that exact measurement? Coz it sounds like it might be an interesting story and I'm always up for one of those. :popcorn:

I am soooooooo tired. Fred and I went out to a diner at midnight, shared pancakes. Did not get to sleep till almost 2am.

Except for the 2am part, it sounds like a fun evening. Even when you've been married for years and years, there's still something kind of romantic about sharing pancakes in a diner late at night. It speaks of a companionable and relaxed kind of love.

Deana, I forgot to tell you that I really like the way you laid out the village. You got the perspective just right so the scales blend perfectly. When you get the roads in, it'll all come together perfectly. I'm dying to see the trains!

Deb

• Like 1

Ditto on waiting for the trains and such. Hope you have some great weather so you can be out there puttering around at it.

Deb you would be great at creating the Monster High set as well. You should join Nutti. You've done some things on that end of the spectrum. Here is some history on the famous fad for those who aren't familiar with it. Here's a website where you can go and "play" online with your favorite MH characters - similar to the Webkinz craze a few years ago.

My little Wisteria is all about Barbies. Twinkle wouldn't be caught dead with a doll of any sort. She loves stuffed animals. Kiddos are all so different.

Oh Nutti love the quilt and I know Catriona does too!. So how many gk does this make for you? Need to see updated pictures of Pixy I bet she is about grown now. I'm still taking it easy, hoping to be able to go back to work on Monday. At least right now it is not raining so not so dreary around here.

• Like 1