What are you up to today? This week?

heidiiiii

I'm pretty familiar with what WM sells, Selkie. Yeah, it's plastic, but it's pretty! Especially when someone with your talent puts it into a design -- that's when it truly sparkles... pun intended!!! Nice camera features, too!

Thanks for posting your bucket of bling pictures, Selkie. I have a better perspective of what they are, but I still love the name, "bucket of bling," or is it "bunch of bling." Whatever, there is an element of mystique about it, and I'm sure no two bling buckets are the same - right?

I made it to JoAnn's today and bought 77 sheets of scrapbook paper at 6 / .96 and each one had to be rung up seperately, all the people behind me in line weren't too happy. They got in a new supply of fairy garden items too, so of course I had to get a few things :) Then it was off to the grocery store to spend what was left :D

• Like 1

Today I took a trip with some friends to the nearest dollhouse shop, which luckily for me, is only 18 miles away and basically a straight run down a local highway in a rural area. I purchased a small dry sink or hutch that I am using as a night stand, and a purple and white doily to put on the stand, along with a battery-operated lantern light. I also purchased a salt and pepper shaker, a St. Patrick's Day tin, a bottle of Jack Daniel's, and a pizza along with its box.

For the little girls who live in my dollhouse, I purchased a kid's phonograph, an Elmo stuffed animal, and a little girl doll. The "girls" are minature angels, but spoiled. So needless to say, I had to purchase a welcome mat that says "Grandkids Spoiled Here."

My next trip will be to Michael's or Hobby Lobby to get miniature flowers for my flower box.

• Like 1

Today I took a trip with some friends to the nearest dollhouse shop, which luckily for me, is only 18 miles away and basically a straight run down a local highway in a rural area. I purchased a small dry sink or hutch that I am using as a night stand, and a purple and white doily to put on the stand, along with a battery-operated lantern light. I also purchased a salt and pepper shaker, a St. Patrick's Day tin, a bottle of Jack Daniel's, and a pizza along with its box.

For the little girls who live in my dollhouse, I purchased a kid's phonograph, an Elmo stuffed animal, and a little girl doll. The "girls" are minature angels, but spoiled. So needless to say, I had to purchase a welcome mat that says "Grandkids Spoiled Here."

My next trip will be to Michael's or Hobby Lobby to get miniature flowers for my flower box.

Sounds like some great things, there, and how fun. A real store with things you wanted!

We are taking off for several days at a local RV time-share "resort" on the Styx River north of the interstate and about half an hour from the house. They supposedly have wifi, but in case they don't, please don't panic if I don't post for a few days.

• Like 1

We are taking off for several days at a local RV time-share "resort" on the Styx River north of the interstate and about half an hour from the house. They supposedly have wifi, but in case they don't, please don't panic if I don't post for a few days.

Thanks for the heads up. Hope you have a wonderfully relaxing time after all the stress of the construction. Enjoy some of the sounds and scents of nature for me too.

There are hiking trails nearby and this section of the Styx is above the logjam near the interstate bridge. The landing near our house puts us on the Perdido River about 1/4 south of where the Styx flows into it. but because of the extensive logjam the state doesn't wish to spend $$$ to clear we hadn't used the livery near the resort to try paddling down to our house from there. We aren't all that far from the Perdido, either.

Tomorrow night our jazz society is having a St Paddy's blowout at Phineas Fogg's in Seville Quarter in Pensacola, but after that I think we're going to do outdoor stuff. I'm taking my 1:1 afghan and my 1:12 Persian rug to work on, tt.

Today and yesterday were busy. I made a large batch of ruby red grapefruit jam, a apple crisp from leftover apples from the applesauce I made last week, there is a bundt cake in there now. I did our taxes, laundry, and cleaned house. Tomorrow I will make corned beef dinner since Fred has the night off. Very domestic for some reason. Everyone is enjoying it.

Today and yesterday were busy. I made a large batch of ruby red grapefruit jam, a apple crisp from leftover apples from the applesauce I made last week, there is a bundt cake in there now. Tomorrow I will make corned beef dinner .....

Yum !! Can I come over? Sounds like a lot of hard work but really wonderful.

Well, I just got done composing a Tooth Fairy Letter for the littlest one. We just had the exciting adventure of the very first lost tooth - which always gets a special letter. Gotta keep my wings on for a bit longer so I can get it all under the pillow.

• Like 3

Today and yesterday were busy. I made a large batch of ruby red grapefruit jam, a apple crisp from leftover apples from the applesauce I made last week, there is a bundt cake in there now. I did our taxes, laundry, and cleaned house. Tomorrow I will make corned beef dinner since Fred has the night off. Very domestic for some reason. Everyone is enjoying it.

I must say, I never heard of ruby red grapefruit jam, but it sounds delicious. Have a Happy St. Patrick's Day tomorrow.

• Like 1

Yum !! Can I come over? Sounds like a lot of hard work but really wonderful.

Well, I just got done composing a Tooth Fairy Letter for the littlest one. We just had the exciting adventure of the very first lost tooth - which always gets a special letter. Gotta keep my wings on for a bit longer so I can get it all under the pillow.

I still remember losing my first tooth at age 5 1/2. I had been trying for days to yank that tooth out, then when I wasn't thinking about it, I bit into a peach, and out it came. My mother never put the coins under my pillow because she was afraid of waking me up, so she would hand me the change the next morning and tell me that the tooth fairy left it and didn't want to wake me. That was very sweet of her, but it wasn't the same thing. Maybe if I got a nice letter with that first tooth it would have made up for not getting the coins under my pillow.

On Saturday I attended my mini club meeting where we were continuing to work on our Christmas Breakaway Box project. Later we took a drive to the wildlife sanctuary nearby to view all of the Tundra Swans that stop on their journey to the Arctic. Quite an amazing sight! Most of Sunday I just spent lounging on the couch watching Netflix. LOL The IBS was kinda acting up, and I just didn't feel like wearing out my knees running up and down the stairs to my work room every time I.... well...you know.

I have also been working on a little vignette project of my own for the past week (taking a break from working on projects for everyone ELSE). I think the background in finally done, so now to add all of the little treasures to display in it. :) I must remember to take some pics to share.

And this weekend I am looking forward to a visit with my younger daughter - she is taking me shopping for my Mother-of-the-Groom dress. :) Even if the hunt is unsuccessful, I always enjoy visiting with her and her hubby.

The grapefruit jam could have actually been a marmalade but my friend dislikes the peel. We are doing a barter. She paid for this years BJ Wholesale Club membership that we share, I make her a batch of her fav jam to eat and to gift. I have found that I am really good at canning jams, jellies, apple sauces/butters, and marmalades (the hardest). It is tart and sweet at the same time <--- the ruby red. Today or tomorrow I have to tackle the blood red orange marmalade.

Happy St Patricks Day!
My two flat cuts are in the crock pot. They will be accompanied by southern fried cabbage, garlic mashed potatoes, and corn bread. It isnt traditional but that is okay with me. Three days till first day of Spring and it is freezing out!

I am going to work on my income tax. - No, seriously, this time I mean it! Too bad we can't take deductions for home improvements - that is for a dollhouse.

Or at least be able to claim the mice as dependents. :)

• Like 1

We arrived at the campground yesterday in the pouring rain, albeit things lightened up just long enough for us to set up; then the heavens reopened! Today it finally let up a bit and DH & went down to the end of the road to check out the canoe & kayak livery. All the rain has made the Styx dangerously fast, but if we have a couple of pretty days it'll be back to normal and we can take the 11-mile paddle they offer.

We don't have to sit through the sales pitch until Thursday.

I am going to work on my income tax. - No, seriously, this time I mean it! Too bad we can't take deductions for home improvements - that is for a dollhouse.

I said the same thing when I got up this morning ... but instead I've been tinkering with the before and after bits of our trip to Cuba. It appears we'll be gone for a full month, but we'll get to see a lot of people and visit some places we've been talking about for ages.

• Like 1

Glad to see you have a connection, Holly! It's supposed to be nice for the rest of the week, here anyway, and I'd guess you'll get most, if not all, of our nice weather! So you should have tomorrow and/or Wednesday, at the very least, to enjoy paddling! My arms are getting tired just thinking of that. I can imagine how I'll feel after playing with the pasta machine -- I'm starting to clay around with the stuff. I might just have to get a motor for it (yeah, they do have them!).

Paddling a kayak is quite different from paddling a canoe, or rowing; you push the upper part of the paddle to draw the lower blade through the water, so it doesn't tire your arms or shoulders; all the power comes from your derriere and lower back and upper leg muscles, which is why you have those little pegs to brace your feet against whilst you paddle. I hope it's pretty by wdnesday, but I'm willing to wait until Friday if the weather will hold.