What's everyone working on?

THmini2

Gayle that is so cute! Tell me you are tying knots one by one?

Did you ever try those punch needles for making a rug? I can't get the hang of it. :p

I put the shelves in my store last night. Still not following directions just doing it my way. lol

I ran out of printer ink already so I guess I can't print any more houses for the shop. I will work on folding those pesky little boxes.

Roxie, the knots are tied one by one using a single strand of embroidery floss. There are two kinds of knots: Colonial knots (wrapped twice), and French Knots (single wrap and very tiny for details like the flowers). I do have a punch needle somewhere, but haven't used it for a long time.

One gizmo that makes this project much easier (!!!) is a rotating stand (Clover brand) that attaches to my table. It is very easy to tilt the work and rotate it to finish the thread off on the back of the rug, and is 'hands free'. I bought this with a 50% off coupon from A C Moore a few months ago

I am still working on my Little Quilt shop. It may branch out with more than just quilts.!!

We are working on ideas of minis to make and sell, sorta like a fundraiser for my sons 8th Grade Washington D.C trip... I have several ideas and will just have to figure out where to sell the minis at... So far we have oour Bear rugs, ok, that is all we have for right now.!! LOL, Just havent been doing much in the way of minis lately so dont have many ideas. !! Will let you know what else we come up with.!! Getting excited as this will definatly get me back into my houses !!!

kellee

Well, no wonder I take forever getting projects done: right now, I am working on my haunted mansion, a double-decker roombox, the Spring Fling, and I am also doing stonework on the little florists shop I started so long ago . . . Sigh, if only I could do one thing at a time! (I didn't even 'fess up to the beadwork projects I have going on . . .) Some of those take as long as building dollhouses!

Well the lady I'm building Bullwinkle terrace for was going to come and see it today, and I was hoping to ask a few questions like what end of the room the doors should be at, or what direction the french doors open, but she couldn't make it in the end. I think she'll try and come after work one day next week. But as I want to get it as done as possible by the time I get back to work on Thursday, I think I'll just go ahead and make some educated assumptions (based on living in a terrace or two) I've cut and painted most of the skirting boards and cornice work, just got about 4 more lengths to cut when I get more wood :p Have filled in some of the bigger gaps with wood, and done some paint touch up work too. It is getting there! We're off to visit sister/niece/mum for tonight and the morning easter egg hunt, and then to Chris' parents (and grandmothers visiting) for easter dinner and monday. So back to mini work on Monday night or tuesday

Another glue disastor made me give it up for the day! I was trying to super glue the hinges to my store front door when the tube of glue just burst getting super glue all over me, the table, the parts.

Frustrating! I spent an hour with acetone or whatever that stuff is trying to get it off my skin! I am done for the day. :p

My hands are too swollen from the sunburn to do much work on the Tudor. I got cooked on my way back from Ron's Miniatures on Friday. I was able to glosscoat the base of the house yesterday. Maybe I'll dress the yard. That doesn't require too much precision.

I am cutting and gluing printie houses for my shop. I am doing better today with the glue. I need to STICK to Tacky Glue ( ha hah I made a funny?)

I didnt have the nerve to try and glue the door again today I just couldn't think about making another mess with the super glue. :p

I just haven't had time to do anything lately, and it's bugging me. I keep looking at the pile of parts I still have to put on that house and there are a lot! Maybe things will settle down and I'll have some free time.. :p

I just haven't had time to do anything lately, and it's bugging me. I keep looking at the pile of parts I still have to put on that house and there are a lot! Maybe things will settle down and I'll have some free time.. :p

Hear you on that Sherry! The Rye's sitting on my dining room table wondering why I haven't installed the trims and doors/windows yet. That's all I need to do plus install the shingles and porch trim. The thought of these things are driving me nuts -- could seriously finish those in a weekend!

Finished the inside of the Fairfield!! There's still a couple of touch-ups to do. And it probably could use some trim in some places, but that will be later if I do that.

I'm on Spring Break this week, so I think I may sit this aside for a bit, and open up the Beacon Hill tomorrow, while I have a big chuck of time to get started on it.

I am still scared to death to try the glue thing again with the door. I can't finish the store until I put on my big girl panties and try it again. :p

I have beem messing around trying to find PSP tutorials on how to make printies of my own with no success.

I stopped at AC Moore today and used my big 50% coupon on a package of tiny babies for my store dollies. I saved a whole Dollar! ha ha Must be the heat I am totally nuts today.

Here's my new doll I crocheted into her dress tonight. Sorry its blurry I can't get close with this camera.

post-4159-1270522663_thumb.jpg

Your doll is precious, Roxxie! I don't know how you can do that on such a tiny doll. When are you going to post photos of your shop progress?

I did get the windows and trim painted for the kitchen and bathroom yesterday, while GS1 was watching a dvd. Maybe I will get started installing it today, but I have to work so probably not!

I guess I should try and take some pics of my shop progress. I just don't think of it until bedtime and then I am too tired. Going to work on it today after I get the GLUE problem settled. Maybe I will see if AC Moore has the E6000 glue I have another coupon and its the closest place for me to drive to.