What's everyone working on?

THmini2

I am working on the Quilt shop that I decided to do. I had a cardboard box roombox and will be using those items in this Quilt Shop House.!!

I have the interior completly Painted. The Exterior needs touched up and one side painted. Since I still have alot to do on the exterior I have not started with anything inside as I still have to turn it on its side, upside down, and so forth.

I am looking into a ad/website that was posted in our local newspaper about working from home assembling minis... I am pretty sure it is a scam... But will be doing some research.!

Kellee

Dang! I spackled one exterior wall and it make the whole wall warp and buckle....Korean BBQ? Very interesting. My daughter is Korean and she won't touch any "ethnic" food other than pizza and bologna. lol
Warp & buckle? Did you prime or paint both sides first? I've not ever had that happen!

We weren't the only non-Koreans there, there were a few other haoles and a few other Asians, too; but most of the customers were Korean, too. One of the items I noticed that I want to try another time is sweet potato noodles with veggies.

Glued on the fancy gabel trim bits on Mz Chantilly, now to await that glue to dry... Might get some fabric folded and sorted while awaiting that huh?!?

Hugs

Got the doors done but not installed. I still need to put door handles on the inside. I'm painting the second set of stairs, and getting ready to draw off a pattern for my next rug, for the kitchen. Seems like the best way to combine the colors I decided on for that room.

I have a miserable sinus infection this morning and just don't feel like doing anything! I will go to the clinic when it opens, I have to get well before we go see the grandkids this weekend.

The fabric I started the elephant rug on was SO uneven it was distorting, so I scrabbled around in my even-weave fabric stash to find a small enough tpi to make the rug sork for 1:12. Otherwise I'm merrily gluing shingles whilst awaiting the Nascar race at Martinsville to begin.

Waiting for the last part of the roof to dry, then on to the last little trimming to do. Then touch up painting, print some rugs and put up curtains. My goal is to go to bed tonight with the house ready to be picked up. With any luck, I can also clean up my workroom - it got away from me the past couple weeks!

Have you got pictures hiding anywhere Kirsten? Remember to take some before it is collected! Both for you and us :lol:

Good call Muriel, we do indeed need our eye candy :rofl: and I too am looking forward to pics :clap:

Hugs

Didn't get to work on my house at all on Sunday. Monday I finished adding the flooring strips with some "pleeeeze let me help" help from the goobersmoocher. Let that dry until this evening, and then spent about 2 hours diligently cutting out an abstract pattern to use on the floor. My intent was to tape it dowm, stain the floor and then remove it leaving my wonderful pattern....NOT! The stain bled under it and the pattern just couldn't be saved so I wound up just staining the whole thing. very disappointing.

I'm making progress on the kitchen rug, but no energy to do any real house building other than paint the second staircase. the infection is getting better but the antibiotics and prednizone have really got me dragging.

Finsihed the Dura Craft Heritage! Yeah! It's getting picked up this week.

Going to start the RGT Cottage Jr. for my friend's soon to be born granddaughter as soon as she brings me the paint and wall paper she want's me to use.

Kirsten

Harrumph, snort, two steps forward one step back.

I've been trying to clear the decks in preparation for the springythingy and have had a week off work to finish the Garfield (might take more than a week) I have spent the last 3 days finishing the shingling. For anyone thinking of building a Garfield, consider Greenleaf's easy shingles because I have just shingled a 7 gabled roof plus octagonal tower plus wrap around porch with individual cedar shingles that all needed sanding, glueing and trimming to fit. I wonder of anyone knows how many shingles that is. Anyway I finished it today, had to move Garf into allsorts of positions to get at some of the more inaccessible areas - but its done.

Checked my lights and a whole circuit is out and the junction is in probably the only place in the house that I can'y easily get to. I am so fed up now.

Oh no, Jo! I know you will be able to fix it, but I know from experience the frustration of having an otherwise perfectly working circuit suddenly c#%p out for no reason.

Touching up the inlay on my Tudor in preparation for installation. I can hardly wait to ride down to Ron's on Friday! I am having some architectual issues with the 2nd floor windows though.

I don't want to make the bedroom too narrow, but the windows for the 2nd floor landing & bedroom won't line up with the roof gables if I build it the way the floorplan is now. While it will look fine from the interior, it will be unbalanced from the exterior. I should have bought a bed for scaling while I was at the Ocala show, but didn't think of it at the time. How small can a 1/12 scale bedroom be before it becomes too small? I know the minimum allowable space for a bedroom in Florida is 10 x 10 for a real house, but I have no idea what is considered too small for 1/12 scale. Maybe split the landing window by building it with the landing/bedroom wall at the centerpoint?

Jeremy, could it be a "box room" instead of a bedroom. Many older brit houses have a very small bedroom that could only accommodate a single bed and still be able to open the door, so people often use these as storage space. If your house has other bedrooms you could turn this into a great linen closet or storage space of some kind and have fun making shelves and cupboards to stock up.

still plugging away on the double Beacons :idea: i'll be still saying that in 10 years time i reckon :o

New pics in my gallery...finished the last room in the back to front / bashed 2nd Beacon :lol:

In Bullwinkle terrace the windows didn't line up with where I wanted to put the walls. It made the rooms similar size, but really I wanted a larger bathroom and small hallway. I placed the wall so it lines up directly between the windows, and it looks fine. It is front opening, so can't really see the rooms from inside, but although the window is in the corner of the hallway, it seems ok, and I've definitely seen that in real life.

Linda, going to have a look now!

I branched out three weeks ago today and decided to break away from being a foodie for awhile and try my hand at sculpting character dolls. I've made three so far and two heads that I still need to make bodies for.

Where are the pictures?

I branched out three weeks ago today and decided to break away from being a foodie for awhile and try my hand at sculpting character dolls. I've made three so far and two heads that I still need to make bodies for.

Jeremy, could it be a "box room" instead of a bedroom. Many older brit houses have a very small bedroom that could only accommodate a single bed and still be able to open the door, so people often use these as storage space. If your house has other bedrooms you could turn this into a great linen closet or storage space of some kind and have fun making shelves and cupboards to stock up.

Thanks for the suggestion Jo, but I'm not sure it would work. The room is 15" deep, but about 9" wide. The other problem is the layout of the floor. The far left of the floorplan is the restroom, then the bedroom, the 2nd floor landing and the library on the far right. It would seem odd to have a box room with its own restroom. Moving the master bedroom to the attic and the nursery down to the 2nd floor wouldn't seem right either. After I pick up a mini bed tomorrow I'll be able to see how much I can move the walls.