What's everyone working on?

THmini2

HI, everyone seems to be working on multiple projects. I was just wondering what everone is working on.

I still have some decorating to do in the Victorian Cottage Jr. I am also working on the Newburg. A roombox. (laundry/workshop combo) and have the Bellingham waiting downstairs. This is one addiction that keeps us busy!!! :) I got the Bellingham shell and all the rest of the parts free from a friend. I think I almost had a stroke when she pulled up in the driveway with it. It is huge! What a shock! :) O.K. so what is everyone else doing?

I am doing nothing cause I can't roll clay yet because of the surgery! :) I am itching to get back to making my minis so I am only starting projects for the upcoming mini show I will be in. I finished the Circle swap and got that out and that was the last mini thing I finished ;P I can't wait to be able to play with my clay again!! :) What about the rest of you?

I need eye candy now since I can't create none, please include a picture for those of us who are starving for miniature eye candy :)

Sorry Tracy,

No new eye candy here :)

I'm still plodding along on the Beacon Hill--I filled in a bunch of gaps and am in the process of sanding, and repainting anything that needs a touch up before I move on....I just need a good block of time to do the sanding ---doesn't look promising for a few days though....too much to do with getting the kids ready to start school next week....have I said before, I cant' believe summer vacation is over??!!

I'm a "one house at a time" kind of girl though...I've got a the Rosedale, a Willowcrest, a San Fransiscan, and a Tennyson all waiting patiently for me to get a move on!!

I'm still filling up my BH. Waiting impatiently for some self adhesive blue livingroom rug for it. It's been on backorder. Took time away from it to help my daughter with her HH. Have been assembling printies every night for a week. Everyday, I've been getting little packets from Ebay. And last, but foremost, eagerly awaiting my eldest daughter's visit with the grandkids this Thursday, to Sunday. We are gonna take everyone to the local water park on Friday, and going to the TORONTO DOLLHOUSE SHOP ON SATURDAY!!!!!!!! wooohoooo!!!!!!!!!!

I need eye candy now since I can't create none, please include a picture for those of us who are starving for miniature eye candy

Okay, here ya go! I'm about finished with the interior of the Beacon Hill, so I've got some new eye candy to share.

I've taken some liberties with the lady, especially with the windows. I put stained glass panels in the bays and added window seats. I put extra deep baseboards in this room just because I love that look.

post-329-1187157939_thumb.jpg post-329-1187157956_thumb.jpg

The dining room/entry way.

post-329-1187157975_thumb.jpg

The kitchen. (more stained glass panels in the bay here)

post-329-1187157998_thumb.jpg

And part of the bedroom. This room is really huge now and I'm very happy with it's open and airy look. I left out the dividing wall, but I did leave in one small partition which keeps it structurally stable, and also gives a neat little "seating area" in front of the french doors. Oh, and more parquet floors. I'm telling y'all, I LOVE those Greenleaf birch tiles! The border on this floor is siding strips cut on diagonals.

post-329-1187158097_thumb.jpg

Deb

Deb your work is wonderful!!! I am currently working on the windows for the Glencroft. I didn't do anything special to them. I wanted to, but the frosted 'glass' just wasn't working out like I had hoped. After the windows, I will continue working on the roof and doors. Or maybe the doors first...I don't know. What I do know is that I am not looking forward to the roofing, so I am putting it off. Shame on me!!

Deb, I love your pictures...beautiful! I'm currently working on my Willowcrest. Waiting for the Easy-Cutter I ordered to get here (so I can put trim in the stairway) before I can move on, meanwhile, I've been building some 1:48 dollhouses that I got off ebay. In boxes, waiting, I've got a Madison, a Canterbury, and a Westville. I still haven't finished the electric in my Beaumont, and am "off and on" working on the wallpaper and trim in my San Franciscan.

I have been working on my san fran and my scratchbuilt wall hanging house. that is about all. there is eye candy already on this site, and not much more has been done in the past few days....so. it is always interesting to see what everyone else is doing too....

I'm not doing anything. The last building for the Village, the shop, is in such a snit because she didn't get to go to the fair that when I approach her she hisses at me.

So I'm catching up on yard work and collecting itty-bitty pine cones. Not sure what I'll use them for, but they're the right scale for something.

Deb your Beacon Hill is gorgeous :) . I'm still working away at my harrison, the first floor is almost done just have to add baseboards and the second floor is coming along nicely. I'm about ready to put the exterior trim on, just have to paint a few more pieces.

Deb - I love what you're doing with your Beacon Hill. Lots of extra room without the staircase.

I've started working on my petting zoo. I was going to make a farmyard but, as a city girl, you could write what I know about a farm on the back of a postage stamp. I've been collecting animals for the past while so decided I needed to incorporate them into a scene.

So far, I've made the pigs' enclosure.

-Susanne

Love the BH and the petting farm...I have a stable/farm yard in my gallery, too. Love aniimals.

I finally finished the windows for the Georgian - they all had to be custom framed because they were deeper than the walls and I want them flush with the exterior. It took forever! Started the two interior doors but have to find my doorknobs (yea, right, in all the stuff I have). Tonight I am going to start the kitchen by doing the ceiling.

What really gets me is that I had a certain vision for the Georgian re decorating, and had a lot of stuff set aside for decor etc and most of it is not working as I thought - The house wants what it wants! The rooms are smaller than I anticipated because the main and second floor halllways are quite big for the staircases. So, I guess I have to do another period house sometime, since I have so much period stuff. It is a little disappointing, but what can I say?

My next project is a kitchen room box for my Arcade: stove, refrig, table/chairs and cabinet - they are bigger than 1/12 so need their own situation. Then, my art deco!

My inherited cat is really settling in...she has gone from scared and very shy to paw boxing and chow hound. Fun to have a fur ball around again after almost 20 years of parrots and a crazy dog (now long gone).

have a great evening

I still have the following in various stages of completion:

Grosvenor Hall (this will be an ongoing project since i'm really doing this one up very nicely, i have been slowly acquiring more Bespaq/Hannson for it tho) - family room)

The Chantilly (just need to finish the shingling and it will be done - family room)

Pierce/Arthur bash (ceilings need one more coat of paint then i can work on wallpapering the interior - family room)

Buttercup (should be finished very soon - family room)

Brimble's (halfway done - family room on the floor)

Vineyard cottage -basement

Harrison (everytime i go down into the basement i look at this house and think about bringing it upstairs to work on -basement)

Beacon Hill (getting closer to completing the exterior, i actually glued some of the windows in place recently - kitchen table)

Bellingham Farmhouse (i haven't been inspired on this one and i want to paint it a different color...still undecided about the color tho. - kitchen table)

Foxhall Manor (shell is built, now i need to run tapewire before i can go to another stage - spare bedroom)

Thornhill Manor rehab (this one will be awhile before i tackle it - family room on the coffee table)

Federal Manor (just needs interior stair railings and the exterior balcony railings finished - spare bedroom)

oops almost forgot the Heritage. That is in the basement. I'll get around to it one of these days

I have so many more i want to start working on, but i just need to complete some of these projects before i can start another. the next kit i want to dig out and build is either the Glencroft or the westville. :)

I put some more photos of my current petting zoo project in the Gallery. I've also completed the chicken house, and shown some photos of a few of the mini animals I have. I'm hoping that tomorrow I can lay down the grass on my base and start to bring everything together. My mini geese are waiting for their pond!

-Susanne

Okay, here ya go! I'm about finished with the interior of the Beacon Hill, so I've got some new eye candy to share.

I've taken some liberties with the lady, especially with the windows. I put stained glass panels in the bays and added window seats. I put extra deep baseboards in this room just because I love that look.

Deb, it's absolutely gorgeous!! I love the window seats and all the woodwork . . . it's so shiny! Love it, love it, love it! I want to be you when I grow up!! LOL!! Oh, and the wallpaper is divine!

I've started working on my petting zoo. I was going to make a farmyard but, as a city girl, you could write what I know about a farm on the back of a postage stamp. I've been collecting animals for the past while so decided I needed to incorporate them into a scene.

So far, I've made the pigs' enclosure.

Susanne, you come up with the most amazing ideas! As if the girl's fairies weren't enough! LOL!! I love the pig enclosure, the chicken coop is soooo cute . . . I can't wait for more!

I'm not working on anything at the moment although I'm getting very itchy!! I want to get the Willowcrest finished and then it's onto a gazebo I bought a few months ago and then hopefully, I'll be working on a Rutherford! Woo Hoo! Pippi is going to be so happy to have a home to come home to! LOL!!

Tracy, I'm feeling it for you dear! I hope you get to healing real quick!

OMG Deb...I'm speachless on your Beacon..I've been chuggin away at mine too. Love the idea of eliminating the stairs makes so much more room! What kind of finish did ya use on the floors? The're so shiny and I like that. Can't wait to see the outside!

What kind of finish did ya use on the floors?

The floors are just stained and varnished with poly high gloss. I usually go thru three or four rounds of sand/poly/sand/poly/sand/poly to get that shine, but I have a thing for shiny hardwood floors. My little people can't walk on 'em in socks. <cackle> I've been known to do the same thing with real life hardwood floors. The window seats are just basswood with the same treatment. I was going to cover the seats with upholstery, but I like the wood so much that I think I'll leave them that way.

Holly, I saw your bed the other day when I was surfing thru the blogs and my jaw dropped! That's one of the most gorgeous beds I've ever seen! Very, very creative!! And I just love the color scheme. It's mouthwatering!

I've started working on my petting zoo. I was going to make a farmyard but, as a city girl, you could write what I know about a farm on the back of a postage stamp.

Well, for a city girl, you sure know how to make a pig pen!! That's just awesome!! And the chicken coop is perfect. (you can trust me on that, I've hung out in a lot of chicken coops) The petting zoo is such a totally innovative idea. I can't wait to see how it progresses as you add to it. Then I wanna come and pet the critters. :)

Marg, how in the world do you multi-task like that and not get confused about which part goes on which house? If I ever tried it, I'd end up with the world's biggest bash coz I'd just say the heck with it and fling it all together into one house.

Deb

I am slowly working on the houseboat kit. Every time I want to get on it, DW gives me a 'honey-Do' list of stuff to do around the house!! However, I am getting some things done that I have been putting off for a long time!

Steve in PA