What's everyone working on?

THmini2

Has anyone ever ordered from PosterKing on Ebay? I ordered a case of champagne :) from him and it's been nearly 2 weeks. He said 7-24 days, I guess he meant it.

Hi Sherry,

I purchased stuff from him last year (mostly furniture). It took about three weeks for my stuff to arrive. Even though it's airmail, the thing that took the longest was the customs/declarations process (have relatives in Hong Kong who attested to that). Would suggest wait until Thursday or Friday, then send an inquiry. The seller's pretty responsive.

Hope this helps. :thumb:

Thanks for the reassurance, that's all I needed to know! I'm just anxious to get it, I have not seen this item anywhere else, yet. Every bachelor needs a case of champagne!

No substitute teaching today, I guess the day after spring break everyone manages to get up and go to school. So I will play!

The Bullwinkle Terrace buildings aren't quite meeting up properly, so had to figure out if that was the buildings or if it was the table they were on! Part of both really, think mainly the table they were on plus a little adjusting on the buildings, but that was due to be done anyway, so all is good still!

They're now on the dining table in the kitchen. Gotta do some more trim painting. The inside window trims have been spray painted with a funky airgun by Chris, but need another coat. I've gotta paint the front door black, side door white, kitchen french doors white and varnish the rest of the doors and trim. Lots to do, should get on with it! :thumb: What shall I watch while I do that... hmm.... Legally Blonde 1 & 2 I think!

I want to try to finish the sandpaper shingle roof tonight - wanted to do it yesterday but by the time I finished driving my youngest back to college from spring break, I was just too tired. Almost all the inside baseboards are done, so I hope to have that completed today too. My goal is to have the house finished and delivered by the weekend!

Kirsten

I got the Knole settee patterns transferred to the 1/8" basswood sheet, still have the three chairs to do and then start cutting out roof templates to paint & start the shingling. I LOVE the Fairfield!!!

Has anyone ever ordered from PosterKing on Ebay? I ordered a case of champagne :thumb: from him and it's been nearly 2 weeks. He said 7-24 days, I guess he meant it.

I ordered from him about 8 or 9 days ago, glass bottles. The mailman just interruped me with 5 deliveries so let me see if he's one of them....

YUP! They're here. (I'll put a pic up later) Remember his stuff is coming from Hong Kong, you have to give it a little more time because of customs.

Has anyone ever ordered from PosterKing on Ebay? I ordered a case of champagne :thumb: from him and it's been nearly 2 weeks. He said 7-24 days, I guess he meant it.

I ordered from him ONE time, and I won't do it again. First of all, he robs you on shipping for multiple purchases (I had one small box with 4-5 items, and he charged me approximately $40.00!!!) and before I was done shopping with him, he filed a non-payment complaint against me when I still had one item I was bidding on & the week he allowed for shopping was not up. He admitted it was HIS error, but the complaint is still on my ebay record. Then he told me he would send me a "free gift" for causing the problem, and when I got the package, the "free gift" was an ugly and BROKEN little trunk that could not possibly cost more than .99 cents anywhere. He couldn't have even sold it in the condition it was in, plus I honestly don't think anybody would have wanted it . . . it was blocky, ugly, and unrealistic looking.

Well, I hope my case of champagne turns up in good condition. I haven't seen it for sale anywhere else, and I thought it was pretty cute!

Ended up teaching today after all and I'm exhausted. I'll spend tonite watching tv and working on rugs.

Well, I hope my case of champagne turns up in good condition. I haven't seen it for sale anywhere else, and I thought it was pretty cute!

Ended up teaching today after all and I'm exhausted. I'll spend tonite watching tv and working on rugs.

I've seen the champagne and wine bottles from several vendors, in little crates of 4 -5 -and 6. And I know at least 2 of my "saved sellers" have them. I'll look and see if there are any available, just in case.

:thumb: I don't know who it was that invented the Dremel, but mine came today, and I'm singing his/her praises. I have sanded everything in sight without one single splinter (finally) I shingled two of my roof gables and now I'm waiting for the glue to set so I can Dremel off the edges (Yea, no more exacto knife, no more scissors, no more trying not to cut my fingers while I make a straight edge.) I filled in some of the wall parts with spackle and as soon as that dries I can sand it down and shape it the way I want. The shingling wasn't so bad this time around, mostly because the shingles are so much bigger than on the 1/2 scale house, so I should be able to do all the roof parts tomorrow, or maybe tonight, depending on how late I stay up.

I made posterboard templates of my Fairfield roof parts and I'm shingling those, and they're practically flying together! I LOVE the little pointy FF shingles, BTW; they are SO cute!

I just finished shingling the roof of my RGT Victorian Townhouse. Now I am starting work on a rooftop gardening area. You can see it on my blog. Just hit "My blog changes daily" below.

Casey I love that house! Someday I might try a victorian like that.

I got the urge to start painting the trim parts to my store. Then I went wild and ordered some items that will stock the shelves. I had a hard time getting started on this one but isn't it funny once you get the itch it just goes!

Except for adding quarter round to the baseboards (I haven't ordered it yet), the quilt shop rehab it finished. I hung the dreaded wallpaper in the kitchen this evening. :thumb:

I saw your wallpaper today! I was searching around at Manor House mini's and lo and behold there it was. I know you said yours was stained, so if you want to replace it, they have it. It's called "Wild Strawberries" they have it on sale for $2.99.

Thanks, Judith. I saw it at Manor Houe Minis, too. I think this may be one of the world's oldest living dollhouse wallpaper patterns. :thumb: I had no problem finding it when I started the quilt shop and have a few sheets left.

The champagne came! It's cute as can be, but either it's out of scale or they are supposed to be magnums. So I'm a little irritated, since the ad stated it was 1/12 scale, but maybe they will work.

Installed the final piece of trim to the house's base, which will be glosscoated on Saturday. I also fit and cut styrofoam panels for the "yard." I have next Friday off, so I'll run down to Ron's for lights, adapters and trim. If my bricks arrive I'll turn around and run up to Stark to pick them up too while I'm out. I can't think of a better way to put a few hundred miles on the motorcycle in a few hours. :giggle:

All the shingles are on the rightside out Fairfield; today I'll start on the inside out Fairfield's shingles. DH agreed they look excellent as is, I'm thinking now I wonn't even put poly on them. Because there are two, making a massive, if tiny, house, I've been struggling to keep the colors down to a dull roar and not get any more carried away that I can help.

Glued on the last row of shingles on Mz Chantilly's roof, only the little roof area on top of the bay window left now, :giggle: , now how did that happen??? Still need to add the finishing touches as well as decide upon a colour, not an easy task with the cayenne red body of the house and green trim, but we'll work it out I am sure LOL

Hugs

After my anxiety attack about my wallpaper glue and paint disastor I put on my big girl panties, took a deep breath and tackled the walls again with different paper. Success!

My big discovery of they day was I found a hobby shop that sells mostly trains but they carry GL dollhouses and a small assortment of minis. I was so surprised to find it!

Have a nice weekend y'all!

Well, I didn't do anything on my house last night, just contemplated my game plan for this monster. Today I put shakes on the section section of the roof, made a template for my floor and started laying the wood strips. Have about 1/4 of the floor done and now it's sitting under wax paper and books drying. I think I'll work on some little projects tonight, like putting backs on my picture frames and maybe putting together one of the fireplaces. For tomorrow it's finish the floor and get it drying for varnish, trim the shakes on the gables and glue the gables to the side walls, more priming....geeze this doesn't end anytime soon does it? This hobby is getting more and more like work every day. I need a vacation.