What's everyone working on?

THmini2

... My big discovery of they day was I found a hobby shop that sells mostly trains but they carry GL dollhouses and a small assortment of minis. I was so surprised to find it! ...

When I was a "newbie", I had a good in-depth look all over the site, and found a page that lists all the dealers that carry GL dollhouses. It was an interesting read - but I'm just not sure where it is now!

My poor mini brain is running on three tracks now: the quilt shop, the spring fling, and the Pierce. So many dollhouses, so little time -- especially when real life keeps intervening!

My poor mini brain is running on three tracks now: the quilt shop, the spring fling, and the Pierce. So many dollhouses, so little time -- especially when real life keeps intervening!

I know the feelings Kathie!!!! I really, really want the Spring fling, it has allready told me I have three possibilities to choose from :giggle: so that is soooo needing to come over here, and then I have Mz Chantilly demanding to get finished and she is so right, I only need to fiddle a little here and ther apart from dealing with her rather intricate trim and then rhe RL move/renovating sort of takes time as well LOL

Hoping you will get some mini-ing time to sort of do one thing while another is drying etc :p

Hugs

I spent the night working out my silly store in my head instead of sleeping again!

I think I am going crazy!

This Hobby store isn't listed anywhere. I don't think they have a lot. All I could yesterday was look through the window because they weren't open. I don't think hobby shops are doing very well around here in these economic times but I want to go back today and see if I can get inside for real.

I saw the GL Westville in the window.

All the pieces for the Fairfield are papered and ready (I think), so I hope to start the assemby today. I have one errand to run today, and dinner tonight at a friend's house, but hopefully I can make some progress in between. My goal is to have it at least finished on the inside before next weekend, when Spring Break starts. I want to build my Beacon Hill during Spring Break when I have an entire week I can devote at once. Of course I said that LAST year (I've been planning this kit that long), but ended up painting my real house instead.

Finally installed the wallpapers on the Rye. Just waiting for it to dry before I start cutting out the door and window openings. While that dries, need to stain some wood scraps I found when I cleaned the work area....might try to simulate some millwork in the living area. Then again...maybe I should prep the wood trim for the other rooms as well.

Still stumped for a staircase in the Rye. Earth and Tree has a stairway designed to fit Tom's Mill kits, but it's a bit $$$ for me. Was thinking maybe trying to make something like one of these -- I just want the kitchen to have a sense of flow and not feel so "boxed in" so to speak.

http://www.creativele.com/files/stair_loft.jpg

http://loftsboston.com/gallery/Sanctuary_L...Lofts_11-21.jpg

Will see how it goes. :p Think BF will happy to see it done so I can work on another kit...and make the dining room/work room look less messy. :giggle:

I've been decluttering my RL house like mad. One thing that's been a high priority is salvaging material from clothing and other fabric items to use in my mini-world.

Last night, I cut apart a cute pair of toddler shorts - the fabric screams "throw pillows' for a dollhouse daybed / family room.

This morning,I deconstructed my parka 'hat' (it's been detached for a couple of years!) and salvaged lots of the fleecy inside which looks PERFECT for mini carpeting. Part of the zipper will be fashioned into a mini tape measure. the velcro bits will be made into sponges and ...dish scrubbers. The outside will be great for upholstering onto patio furniture... A great 'find' for something that was sitting in a closet for about 2 years!

Earlier this week, I bought some discount 'minis' (not quite scale but I think I can make em work) of terra cotta pottery - 2 buckets, 2 watering cans, and 6 pots. I think the pots would be good for containing shrubbery. All 10 pieces for 6 bucks. At the same place, I bought a 'best teacher' pin that had some hanging accessories like a computer (good for half scale!) and a triangle ruler (too big for 1:12, but I can find a use) - that whole pin was 10cents. Got an easter egg shaped bowl that actually looks like a large bathtub for 1:12 - it was 1$.

A friend gave me a dollhouse on Monday - a regal plastic dollhouse that she removed the furnishings and installed some resin figures - it's nice and lights up!

I also got my first tin marx dollhouse last week. It came with 4 or 5 pieces of mismatched furniture, but it will fit some of my homemade items that are inbetween the 1:12 and 1:24 scale as it takes 3/4inch scale items.

Been having a good week mini'ing!! Thinking about crocheting a rug today......

I spent a good hour on my patterns for the door windows. Thought I had them done and one was 3/16 inch off. But I think they're right now. I'm going to get the doors painted today and hopefully the windows also. Had to take a break and run errands, but we're in to stay until the wind quits blowing so hard-63 mph yesterday.

I'm shingling the iso Fairfield and then need to study about baseboards (do I really want/ need them in 1:24?) and then on to FURNITURE. I started stitching a 1:12 Chinese elephant rug for Mildred. This is the center motif for the rug:

a67eb340dca017f0d3c74010.L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Dang! I spackled one exterior wall and it make the whole wall warp and buckle. I let it dry and sanded the stuff all off. What's with this? I am having the worst time with this one little box its ridiculous! I think its going to sit on the table for a while until it decides to fully cooperate with me!

:giggle:

Well, so far today I trimmed the shakes on my gable parts, gave a second coat of paint to some of my inside walls and the inside of the fireplace channel :p , glued the treads on my staircases, added another 4 or 5 rows of wood strips to the first floor, and enlarged the fireplace space in my kitchen wall so I can use it for a pantry :giggle: .

My windows came today, but I'm now waiting for my Aleene's glue to arrive so I can finish the floors. Have lots of carpenter's glue, but that makes the wood strips want to curl up, so I decided to wait. Made myself a quick sandwich for "lunch" at 4:00 and now I'm about to put together the fireplace for the second floor bedroom and as soon as the fireplace channel dries I'll add the shelves for the pantry. Then I have to get everything cleaned up and out of the way for the anticipated arrival of my 5 year old god son :) . No sense putting temptation in his way until we have a nice long talk about "Auntie's stuff." :)

I've painted on doors on and off all day. You know, the touch up this and get it on that painting that happens with tiny pieces. Now I have the stained glass transparencies printed off and ready to paint. If I'm not happy with them, I'm going to stick the glass in there plain and spray it with the frosting stuff!

Doing the happy dance here. I got the doors done, the stained glass windows done, and after a hour of editing the scan of the patterns, adjusting, printing trial pieces, they fit perfectly in the doors! I'm so excited, that's all I got done today but it was worth it!!

That Delta glass paint is great, worked on the transparency as well as it did on the acrylic window, can't say enough good about it.

Now I'm done for today and will watch Couple's Retreat with DH while I finish the last border row on my navaho rug-it's been a productive day!

Still painting cardboard for siding for the coop--made nesting boxes for it today out of a Cepacol cough drop blister pack. Also found out you can mix mini hay with school glue and put it in place and it dries and stays in place perfectly! Filled the nesting boxes that way.

Just put a couple of pics in the gallery if you would like take a peek.

Finished the sandpaper roof on my Heritage and working frantically to finish up the house by tomorrow. Started building some extra furniture for it and will spend tomorrow doing the final details so I can get this house to my friend for her shelter here. I still need to find a family to live in the house - but a really nice family popped up in my ebay mailbox who look perfect and have a pretty, pretty baby for the nursery! Isn't that funny how things work out?

Finished the sandpaper roof on my Heritage and working frantically to finish up the house by tomorrow. Started building some extra furniture for it and will spend tomorrow doing the final details so I can get this house to my friend for her shelter here. I still need to find a family to live in the house - but a really nice family popped up in my ebay mailbox who look perfect and have a pretty, pretty baby for the nursery! Isn't that funny how things work out?

I spent most of the day doing the March of Dimes thing and shopping with my better half. I did make a quick run to Magnum Wood after everyone fell asleep. I picked up half a dozen 1/16" wood sheets for ceilings/floors and two dozen boards for framing the 2nd floor and roof. Now I'm just sitting back, sipping a barley pop and cutting studs for the 2nd floor walls. :clap::rofl:

Debra I so agree with Holly, those nests are purr-fect!

I have punched out all the outside trim that we are going to use on Mz Chantilly, painted half of it first round, now to do the rest in between other tasks, have also vacumed (sp???) the RL stairs thouroughly, and will continue upstairs as soon as I have hung one round of laundry, then carry up some of the moving boxes that have been residing in the entrance/hallway, mop some floors etc etc, preparing for showing this house is so not fun LOL when all one wants to do is mini...

Hugs