What's everyone working on?

THmini2

Oh My Sherry I was just working on my bedroom furniture in the farmhouse and guess what I am doing? Shabby Chic! More like farmhouse shabby but I can't believe I read this. ha ha.

I am trying to crackle the dresser I made from a michael's hutch. I am experimenting on scraps first.

So far it looks crappy instead of chic. lol ( can I say crappy in here?)

The kitchen cabinets started the whole thing.

I think your house will look so nice in that style! Pretty pretty I can imagine it!

it's not too bad here today, at least the sun is out and the wind's not blowing. Having sun makes all the difference in how I feel.

Roxxie, the more I think about it, the more I like the idea-a restored house with more airy, open spaces and light colors, lots of lace and cabbage roses. Not my style in my own home at all, but it will be fun to do. Lots of opportunity for DIY projects.

DIY projects are my problem right now, I'm going off in too many directions.

We went to Hobby Lobby and got some wood for my floor. That has to be the first thing. The way this house is made with so many deep rooms and bays, it will have to have the walls done before the second floor goes on. So the floor has to be done before i do paneling or wallpaper-and a fireplace made before I can do paneling. So i have part of the first floor walls glued-waiting for them to dry. The front steps are glued, waiting for them to dry so I can do what i want to with them. So I'm at a standstill there, right now.

in the meantime! I have a braid nearly finished for a rug, my navaho rug waiting on me, the steps waiting on me, and plans drawn for a fireplace. there are just not many choices in Victorian fireplaces so I am making my own. Wish me luck, right now I'm just running from project to project and trying to do laundry and cook lunch at the same time!

HOORAY!!!! I did some miniing!!!!!!!!!! Not much and it seem to take a long time but I added some window boxes to the quarter scale storybook cottage and finally got the ladder built. It is drying now. Sigh! I have two more quarter scale houses waiting to be built but I am not quite ready to tackle them. May look to try something a little larger scale.

Yay Beverly!!

Was going to do some mini work today, but then decided to shop and cook instead. Was lovely doing that! But tomorrow will have to work on the house for my colleague or the pharmacy. Probably both! Painting windows for the colleague house, now called Bullwinkle Terrace, and inbetween while waiting for paint to dry I'll work on the pharmacy. Would like to get them done, then I can work on more fun projects :p

I am finally done with all the rehabs for Christmas presents and so its back to work on the farmhouse for me, I am so excited. I really feel bad for neglecting it so long. I have a stash of michaels hutches that I will be working on inbetween waiting for glue and paint to dry. I also need to get the cauk on the fireplaces I built.

Back in the waiting mode. Waiting for the ceiling to dry so I can glue the 1st floor walls on, waiting for spackle to dry on the front steps so I can finish them. Waiting for inspiration about the lr floor!

Spent most of today wrapping a couple dozen mini balls of crochet cotton. What a job! But they look great. :giggle:

The HBS box with the people arrived today. What a motley looking crew! I see some major clothing changes for all of them and some major hair makeovers.

Working on a kitchen floor finish...details to come, unless it's a disaster...then just laughs to come. In the meantime, I posted a blog entry about fitting wallpaper (scrapbook paper) over wall connectors for anyone who is building a house with connectors or anyone else who might be interested in my tips and tricks. :giggle:

What if you photograph one shutter so you'll have pattern, print it full size, and then use it to trace the lines back on with a fine point marker? Or even a very sharp, hard pencil? Hard to suggest options without seeing the shutters.

The shutters are a plain white rectangle with lines drawn on horizontally, at this point in time, about the size of 1 layer of a vanilla wafer cookie. When I paint them, there will be no lines. I'm thinking just 2 straight lines, dividing them in 3 sections, up and down the middle, like the RGT ones will work fine. My son suggested glueing, 2 strips of venneer, painted, in matching color, over a different color shutter, using a credit card for spacing, would work. I'm just picky.

My kids helped me scrape all the old glue off the peices earlier tonight, so it's all systems go now, and the rest is reassembly.

Put on a few more pieces of little trim, and painted the door. Then spent a while sanding and sanding the door to make it fit. I will continue with that tomorrow. After I hang the door I will put on the last pieces of baseboards, then it should be finished!

I've been looking and looking for a white cat that I liked. I finally gave in and bought a cream and brown cat curled up sleeping from Hobby Lobby in the summer. I got it out tonight and painted it white, with pink ears. Perfect! When it was done my son told me I was a dollhouse artist!

I'm going back to Franklin St. I stuck a post about it on my blog, so I can't back out now. I have to figure out what to do with the damaged back panel. I should go find it this morning before I forget about it again.

I have a mind like a sieve.

Ready to glue the side walls on my house but it will take DH's assistance unless I grow 2 more hands very quickly. I had the front steps spackled and ready to sand then decided to do the buttresses differently from the original plan, so need to add some more spackle!

With the family luncheon done yesterday, the dining room's back to being my mini shop. Hoping to get my RGT Victorian Cottage almost complete by installing the wallpaper, the first floor partition, and getting the roof painted/installed. Have to wait on the asphalt shingles to arrive by mail and need to jerry-rig the stairway. I want to put a mini landing midway on the stairs just so I can have more space behind it (trying to make the cottage look like a renovated modern loft-style house).

Once the house is done, I'll post a topic on the forum about who the occupant should be. None of my current dolls are assigned to it -- am wondering if the cottage should be owned by a single guy or gal...

Got the walls and second floor together, and made treads for the front steps. Now DH has me being his assistant while he puts up the new vent hood. That means I get to hold it up while he reads the instructions (finally) and then decides on another trip back to Lowe's. I turned down the opportunity to make another trip down there today. Worked on the spackling on the steps some more, so back to waiting on that to dry.

Using glue? What kind? It's PERFECT!

Sorry to disappear like that! Hubby took over the computer and I am now on laptop, but had to remember my password! Ugh..

Holly, no glue for these! Thank you..

OMG, Shelly, those are FANTASTIC!!! And since I'm a transplanted Seattle native, I've seen the real thing many, many times - man, you NAILED IT!!

Thank you Mary! Would you believe I have never seen any of it? I googled it but could not find any..no images..I am so glad that you think they are nailed! Yeah...

The entrance and sidewalls are up on my house, so I am ready to make a floor template and get started on it. The vent hood is up and I'm exhausted from holding that thing up over my head for so long. No upper body strength anymore, I guess. I have my braided rug pinned in place and ready to glue, but am having my dinner, a big milkshake, right now!