What's everyone working on?

THmini2

I'm not sure why I thought it'd be a good idea to buy an unfinished crib to paint. Finally got all the little spots painted, not the most fun I've had. And my back is killing me now. Worst part is that tomorrow I have to go back over it all with varnish. :(

But for tonight the crib and changing table are painted. Yea.

Took the weights off the roof of the inverted Allison Jr. It is now warp free. However, removing the warp caused the tower to not go back on flat! Go figure, I'd have to be a perfectionist with this one! I'll be in the basement for hours tonight, shaving and sanding it to make it fit!!!

Jeremy, the parquet floors look fantastic! Hope you'll have a tutorial on this planned in the future -- it looks beautiful!

Thanks!

I'll post a tutorial when I start working on the 2nd floor. Unfortunately, that won't be for quite some time.

Good luck Sherry! I have the same goal. I hope to get the nursery box done this weekend, with most of the work getting done today. I'll varnish one piece of the furniture in a minute, then go and do some errnads before the rain comes. Home Depot for paint, Michael's for hutches, and Hobby Lobby to pick up some items I got rainchecks for last week.

I have the front steps done except for sealing them, pieces of living room floor under books all over the place, and the ceiling of the second floor painted so we can glue it on this evening. Sure seems like a lot of work for very little progress! Now I've got to make my decision about trim colors so I can start painting the parts of all the bay windows trims.

Justemsue....glad you got the warp out! and bluebear, so glad to hear i am not the only one whose back hates when i sit and get creative! LOL makes me mad that my back doesnt like what i do!

I am going to work on my perhaps too grand an idea project, a tree house....gonna be an apple tree. I plan to use it, if it works out, as a kind of eye catching display item at shows, can hold lots of people!

Justemsue....glad you got the warp out! and bluebear, so glad to hear i am not the only one whose back hates when i sit and get creative! LOL makes me mad that my back doesnt like what i do!

I am going to work on my perhaps too grand an idea project, a tree house....gonna be an apple tree. I plan to use it, if it works out, as a kind of eye catching display item at shows, can hold lots of people!

Sherry it sounds like its a battle with your floor projects! Pics?

I messed around with trying to make a kitchen unit to fill in the space next to the stove and sink. It looks stupid so I guess its back to the drawingboard.

Then I went to the dollar tree in search of those little scrapbook brads I bought there and of course there were none left.

I bought this little tree thing in a flowerpot that you are suppose to make an Easter egg tree out of.

I am stringing beads and making it a Valentine tree just for the heck of it. lol

Back to working on the kitchen stuff.

I just haven't been in the picture taking mood the last few months, Roxxie. When I have time to spend on my house, I hate to waste it taking pictures and loading, all that stuff. Actually things are going pretty well, just very slowly. Maybe if I'd concentrate on one thing, but I don't. I glue a piece of the house on, and then do something else while it dries. Then I have to paint the next piece before I can glue it on! The steps are made but I'm waiting to seal them when I finish the foundation-and around and around we go! Maybe tonight I can get something done!

Well, I'm so mad at myself! When I went to cut the border pieces for the floor, I realized I had bought two different thicknesses of wood! So I'm at a standstill on that until Monday. Oh well, I'm the one with the back ache now, so I guess it's time to call it a day.

I've gotten to that point where I have so many things going that I am misplacing minis. :( So, I spent the day organizing things (and took down the mini Christmas tree). There's only one thing I couldn't find, but it's around here somewhere and I don't especially need it right now.

I did manage to get a mini tapestry done today, too...pic in my gallery.

Finished the RGT Victorian cottage kit I got over the holidays...decided to make it a modern "single's" pad to house my mini odds and ends. Just need to clean up the mess I made in the dining room to finish it, take a shower, then take pictures to post in an album. :(

Yay! One house down....several more to go. :)

Well, I actually got some things done today in spite of the kids coming over, the laundry, the house cleaning, etc. I finally have my entryway done to my satisfaction with no grout lines between larger tiles, the foundation is halfway grouted, the 3rd floor is on, and two bays have 1st floor walls. it's starting to look like a house!

I made a few more skeins of embroidery floss and gave the inside of the quilt shop a coat of white paint this afternoon. Even after sealing the brownish ceiling paper with gesso, the darkness shows through. I can see several more coats of paint before it's the way I want it. I'm using regular house ceiling paint. Reaching clear to the back and around corners is a challenge.

Sounds like you are moving fast Sherry. Pictures!

I started a cross stitch for the kitchen rug. I don't like what I did so I may just ditch it. I didn't center it very well and I need practice on my cross stitching technique. Try try again.

i started to dabble in my '2010 1/24th year' played around with some furniture etc...but i dont like it :( i'm a bit deflated :p

the 1/24th is small!!!! it doesnt look "real" !!!!! i like "real" !!!! woe is me :p:)

Hopefully it will grow on me...i think i just need to get my head around the scale.... or something :)

My nursery box isn't done yet. :) I did get the wallpaper printed out, and the piece of wood to close in the back of the box cut. Had to get hubby involved in that one. Tomorrow I hope to do the walls, ceiling, and floor. And if I have time print out accessories.

I did go to Michael's today and bought some beads and a pendant to use as a base for a chandelier.

Good Morning Everyone, I brought the Saloon upstairs yesterday.... and I really need help.! I need to downsize it..... IT is really HUGE and I want it a little smaller....

I am hopefully with all your help going to decide the right size for this and get the luan cut today !!! I posted about it in another post last night..... in the General Mini Talk.!

Kellee

I should have gone by the hobby shop and picked up more flooring wood, but I just plain forgot! So I glued another piece on the house and am busy right now waiting on the bay verticals to dry so I can sand and paint again. I think I'll get my rug out and work on it while the paint dries, and I watch the Big Bang Theory.

Hi -- My Westville is scheduled to arrive tomorrow, and I'm excited about getting started. I think I've read almost everything in the last week or so since I joined, but remembering is another matter. I'll spend most of tomorrow reading the instructions, a good day for that because it's supposed to be overcast and rainy most of the week. I did print out the warm-up sheet, so I feel I have a little bit of a start.

I've gotten so much good info and tips here! I built a DC Newberg about 12 or more years ago, and after decorating it for Christmas this year, I think I got the message it wants a friend. I do have more time now --I think. My work space is set up, supplies gathered, motivation fine tuned, just have to wait for the truck. I'll try to check in with my progress, but I'm very determined to take my time and walk away from it when I get frustrated. I'm well aware I tend to do things wrong, backwards and the hard way first, so frustration is familiar territory for me.

Thanks again for all your help. Wish I'd had such a place with my first build, although it went well all things considered. Glenda