What's everyone working on?

THmini2

Worked on the stairs for the inside-out Fairfield. The last 1:24 rug I'm stitching for the FFs has scrollwork around the inner field and also the outer field, and I got through about half of the larger area's scrollwork and have to frog back to the halfway point <mumble, mumble>. I also stained the second floor patches and tomorrow I'll paint the corresponding ceiling places.

DH had to run an errand to Lowe's and I found some more of the iron-on wood veneer, in white birch, and a two-pack of 1/16" drill bits I need for the beds I'm making.

I painted baseboards for the quilt shop, plus the two doors and trim for the bathroom, plus another coat on the counter and clear coat on the oak shelf unit. I also painted the bathroom wainscoting. It was brown, now it's white. And I found some chair rail that will work to top the wainscoting panels and painted them. Nothing much to show, so no photos today.

I also got a much larger box for all of the quilt shop bits 'n' pieces ... there are getting to be many of them! I have the fabric stuff in a smaller box -- quilts, fabric bolts, yarn, etc. And a separate container for components and kits that have to be built. Now I can see what's there and not have to dig through a jumble to find something. I know the order won't last, but I feel better for having done it! :)

Too yucky to play on the back porch, where my toaster oven for clay is; DH has jury duty tomorrow. I think I'll play with the iso FF and finish frogging so I can stitch some more.

Hi all, I am working on 4 FIMO dolls at the same time, since they will be part of a roombox scene - a pianist, a cellist, violinist and violist. My little piano quartet! It is a challange to do 4 at once but to keep everything in scale and compatible, as well as accomodate my learning curve, it just seemed the best way. I have two toaster ovens going!

Holly, what is frogging?
Ribbit ? :)
Yes, alas! I picked the term up from when I belonged to two needlework newsgroups. When you have to pick out stitches, rip-it, rip-it :p ... Even less fun in 1:24!

Finished the Bullwinkle terrace windows last night so spent the whole day on the home cinema room. Was good fun! Just collected the posters and popcorn/soda printies to print in the morning, then moving on to the dvd shelves. Think they're going to be the most work, but would love to get this done tomorrow so I can give it to them on thursday.

Wrapping my fingers with duct tape. I was carving some small pieces with an exacto knife when my 20 month-old daughter ran up and bumped my arm. The blade took the top off of two knuckles. I'm just glad the blade got me and not her.

I have most of the brick work done on the turret foundation. I'll probably post a tutorial in my gallery after its finished.

Duct tape? Well, at least you won't leak!

I got the LR floor and entry tile done and sealed. I won't put them down permanently yet, of course. But it's nice to have one thing finished. So, I immediately started on the fireplace. It's being kind of fun, though.

lol Jeremy. Duct tape holds the world together.

I spent the entire afternoon and evening trying to make a patch quilt. Who knew something so small could be so frustrating! I just can't sew those little strips perfectly straight! :)

I got so frustrated I tossed the whole thing in the trash, put away the machine and gave up.

Being the obsessed person I can be I got to thinking about it and got out the machine and materials and started all over again. After another 3 hours I made my own version of a coverlet and pillows with the scraps that I rescued from the trash and I am pleased with my creation pretty much. I get on my own last nerve sometimes!

I'm still trying to finish up the Haunted House but, I've had the flu for 3 bloody weeks and have not been motivated much since. I'm doing all the little tedious tasks on the house now.

Have to do a ton of the interiors finishes before I fully assemble it.

It's coming along slowly...not much to show in the way of pics yet. Just dusty old rooms under construction :)

I can report that I did get the flower boxes on the Story Book cottage windows (my current avatar) and added some other bits of landscaping that were already built. Still have some addition things like grass and a few other pieces to add but I will have to do them from scratch and being essentually one eyed at the moment I cannot work in quite that small of scale just yet. Built the ladder for the interior too but it took me forever and many do overs, but some progress was made. Need to do some pictures and post, maybe later today.