What's everyone working on?

Spent the last three days sanding paint off the doors of the Grand Old Lady. Holy Cow they used a lot of paint (and hot glue). I tried the stripper this afternoon, and the heat got to me so I had to bring her back inside for the night. I am going to try the stripper in the house, I have two fans going 24/7 and the front door is now able to stay open since Houdini went over the Rainbow Bridge (I sure miss that pup). I put the John Deere barn/house on hold for a while. I just can't do two projects at the same time.

I was considering holding off on the Grand Old Lady and building a small house for the Honor Guard here to auction off to help pay for the uniforms they use to preform at the Veteran's funerals. My spouse kinda shot it down, he says people here don't want "one of those things".. ......I am guessing that was maybe HIS true feelings showing finally.

The walls are going up! Slowly but surely I'm making progress on the Worthington.

I'm also planning my next house, which will be a gift for my father. He has always been fascinated with architecture and I would love to build a house for him that includes all his favourite details and designs. One of his favourite things is stone-work on houses, so I'll definitely be doing some of that. I'm looking for an old Victorian farmhouse kit to bash, but if I can't find the right one I'll have to do a scratch build. I certainly have my work cut out for me!

Well Hidey-Ho neighbors!

It's been a long time since I've been on site to post, eight months to be exact, but I've been battling with ongoing illness and I'm just getting back to a point were my mini's are calling to me again. Although I have not been on site, I have tried to keep up with your various projects through the "notification" process and status updates and can't wait to take a closer look at everything you've been doing. I still have a little way to go yet, and at least 2 surgeries on my hands, but I'm keeping the faith that all will be well in the end and that I'll have the full use of my hands before year's end...cause all this one finger typing is really getting old lol. At any rate I can't say I'm back in the saddle yet, but at least I have the horse out of the barn lol. Looking forward to hearing from all of you and going through the last 20 or so pages of posts to see what I know is wonderful eye candy. Luv you all

~Wing~

Welcome back Ravenswing. I wondered if you ever got your last project completed by your deadline.

Sorry to hear you have been under the weather but glad the mending is almost complete.

Look forward to your new project.

Holly, your "Persian rub" reminded me of The Persian Pickle Club by Sandra Dallas. It's about quilters, not miniaturists, but it is a nice mystery.

Did you know that Persian pickle is another name for paisley?

Holly, your "Persian rub" reminded me of The Persian Pickle Club by Sandra Dallas. It's about quilters, not miniaturists, but it is a nice mystery.

Did you know that Persian pickle is another name for paisley?

I did not know that, but when we first moved to our Havana house and for nearly ten years thereafter our little pomegranite tree bore flowers and, occasionally, fruit, that showed me where at least some of the paisley motives came from. I didn't fringe this one. It was the one in Pamela Warner's 18th Century embroidery book, and I used a really vivid primary palette on it. I suppose I shall take its picture, but I already know what you'll say about the picture quality...

Welcome back Judith!! Looking forward to seeing more of your mini magic soon :)

I don't know why but I always leave the detail work for last on any project I'm working on. It took awhile but I have the eyes and mouths ready for six owl hats and five monkeys, now to get them all finished up.... next will be a few sewing projects and then back to minis.

Still plugging away at paint removal. Spent yesterday in bed, wasn't in the mood for dollhouses or anything. I have some of those days, today I am back at it and it's going well, even though she looks pretty sad, A fresh coat of white (primer) will pick her up. Hopefully in a couple of days.

I have the same issues with the bashed bathroom wall in Washington I had with the one I put in the Laurel, so far as the resulting hallway being incredibly narrow; but I just cannot have the stairs coming into either a bedroom or a bathroom; and I keep remembering that staircase-wide hallway in my grandmother's friend's house that we used to get to the third floor bedrooms we stayed in when we visited her. I'm still gluing balusters to the banister on the second floor staircase now; I can only do two or three at a time due to using E6000 to bond the wood baluster tops to the styrene channel molding I'm using for the banister rail. The first time I tried to to do all of the balusters at once and that was a disaster! so after scraping off the dry E6000 I started over this way and it worked musch better.

Welcome back Judith! Its always nice to see members return!! :)

I am still plugging away on my little Buttercup. I am doing trims right now to fill in all the gaps. I seriously need a trip to the craft store soon!

after spending a few days with Deb and her muse...I am ready to start a Chantilly....since my McKinley Christmas house is in storage...thats going to be my theme

Im going to do a Glitter/gingerbread house....as soon as we have the aftermath of the last monsoon cleaned up Im going to clean up my work space and crack it open!!

• Like 3

Have fun with the Chantilly. I gave up on mine. I am having a ball with my Buttercup however. If I could FIND glitter paint I would glitter the roof and trim that I am doing in white. ( Its a Christmas house) I am making trim right now to cover the corners where the tabs are. Maybe a trip to Santa Fe on the weekend will motivate me to think about the inside of the house. Can't wait to see yours...

We had some wicked monsoons here in northern NM too........but we needed the rain so I won't complain!

• Like 1

Roxy, could you throw glitter on the house right after painting so it sticks to the wet paint?

Last night I got a wild hair and moved around the furniture in my craft room. My room is only about 9' x 10' and I have three desks, a bookshelf, an antique drawing board and my behemoth house, so I don't have a lot of room. I'm trying to figure out a way to maximize the space and yet still have room for Whitebrush Manor and the other 7 dollhouses waiting in the wings. Ahem. Holy cow, the place was a mess. It's looking better now, but still have a ways to go. I'm almost tempted to post the before picture, but it's SO BAD that I'd hate anyone to see it. Then again, it does show how far I've come. Maybe if I'm happy with the end result...

Next week we move the kiddo back to College Station and then we'll head to Austin for a few days to visit DH's parents & my mom. I'll finish the craft room revamp after that, and then it'll be back to shingling the porch roof of the Manor. I got one of the windows under the balcony cut out with an Xacto knife, which was a JOB, so I'll wait until I get the Dremel for the other two. It's really weird to realize that I'm almost done with the outside after working on it for 8 months.Thank goodness I still have the inside to do, plus the other houses.

Speaking of houses, not only did I get the Cambridge recently, but I also scored a Heritage on eBay last week! Woohoo! Time to channel my inner Otterine! :bigwink:

this weird voice came to me while I was reading my instructions and making a list of items I may want to include in the Gingerbread house....

it said.....oh my precious...a house for me? dont forget a nice large oven for baking and cage for keeping yummy children in....

well there goes my cute house for Christmas!

thats ok cute doesnt make me giggle when Im building!

• Like 3

Some glow in the dark paint would add a nice touch in the H+G cottage. Skulls on the tops of the fence posts with little LED's in them for lighting. Translucent lollypops that light up. Lurking trees with crows in them. A silvery moon casting eerie shadows over the scene. If you want Christmas, you could have the ground covered with snow and glittery sparkles. The Christmas tree could be decorated with small bones and mittens from lost children.

Oh dear, I think I'd best stop for now. My head has this wild and crazy scene in it now.

• Like 1