What's everyone working on?

We need to mow the yard too, Margarita. Amazing how quickly it grows, even through a drought!

I have a sad addition to my dollhouse collection. My mother in law gave me her DC FH 500 last week due to her age (86), their impending move to live with my sister in law, and resulting lack of room. I hate this. I mean, I love the house, but she bought that kit new years ago and it was her dream to build and decorate it. Now she's given it away to me, along with 20+ House of Miniatures kits, and some built furniture that she'd saved specifically for this house. AND she has some cross-stitched pillows that her (now deceased) sister made for it, so as soon as she finds them, she'll give those to me too. I want to sob. And also start the house as soon as possible so she can at least see it built finally. Sigh.

My craft room is a WRECK. Since we've been out of town the last week I haven't made much progress on it. I did organize a couple of things last night after we got home, but it will be a long road.

Tomorrow night is our miniature guild meeting. We'll be making poinsettas to get ready for the holidays. Crazy to think how quickly they'll be here already!

Deb, that little house is adorable! I love it in the attic with the others. Nice work, Nutti!!

• Like 1

that is another challenge for me... to furnish one of these 1/144th scale houses....I have all the wallpapaer trimed....one more piece to go...than no more wallpapering for me...from now on it will be painted....pfft on wallpaper....I had to walk away twice today....its better for all when I do lol....shoot and the 2nd floor ceiling needs done too....bring on the fun stuff!!

I had planned to wallpaper the whole Georgian Townhouse, but the challenge of getting it all in the right place, with 9 rooms in 3 stories - with hinged front AND back wall to open - it was just too much! I put some wallpaper on a couple of interior walls and painted the other walls with matching colors. I think it was Havanaholly that suggested partial coverings like that. I might do the wallpaper on a smaller house, with an open back, but even that takes a lot of planning because everything has to be done FIRST! The wallpapering should come before the assembly, and the assembly comes first, after it's been painted first! :eek:

• Like 2

I will definatly be using the accent wall and coordinating paint!!

I love other peoples wallpaper but...it tasks me sooo! lol.. today was spent on the Chantilly...I had stained all my stair parts so I was ready to put them together...did a quick dry fit and found I was lacking 3 pieces....I ended cutting 4 to finish the stairs that are now drying..have started the roof...and emptied all the sheets to 2 piles....white paint and stain...all my staining is finished and about a 3rd of the white painting....all in all a great mini day!

I DID IT! Finally finished my little Georgian Townhouse and got it to the Hobby Hall at our State Fair just about an hour before the deadline. Won't know any more until the Fair opens Sept 5th. I will be working on opening day, so I'll run to the Hobby Hall first! I saw some of the entries when I got there, although nothing is organized yet. There is a masterpiece in the 1:12 scale that I'm sure will get first prize! It is a perfect replica of the Munster home - complete with people, furnishings, the funeral parlor on one side, and an auto repair shop on the other. Covers at least 3 feet of table space, probably more. I'll take some pictures later.

I've updated my gallery with the GT pictures -

There's a party going on in the house, with the maid taking care of the child upstairs in her bedroom. The little girl is playing with her dollhouse.

• Like 3

Congratulations for making it on time. Hope you place well this year.

I just got done uploading the entry forms for Twinkle and her siblings for our upcoming fair.

We don't have to have anything turned in yet though.

• Like 1

I built the Coventry cottage in reverse. got it done last night and I love the way it looks. I don't know why I keep doing this to dollhouse kits, but I do like it! I will take photos shortly and post them!

• Like 1

...meanwhile, I am STILL scraping off wallpaper on the North Park/Ellwanger...... *sigh*

I also started to bring little projects to work so I can do some things while on my lunch break. This week it is the stairs, and next week maybe painting all of the interior doors. :)

• Like 1

I built the lily shell yesterday...in reverse :) glad I decided to do it!

Great beginnings! Since you are changing things around, are you also creating a different kitchen layout or a more open access with this build? I've seen a few variations with that kitchen in the past that were quite creative.

Selkie, i'm probably not going to modify the interior :)

Thinking about paperclay for the exterior....not sure because that will change how I do the interior.....but I am starting to get ideas now!...like spackle walls and dark wood for the interior!

• Like 1

Counting down til Saturday as this weekend we (my mother-in-law and me) will be taking a doll sculpting class <happy dance with a twirl> and it will be such an experience, firat class in real life ever with anything miniature so this is a BIGthing and it is close to home as well, only an hour drive....

Hugs

• Like 2

woot...did ya hear it? I say WOOT....I sat with my wire and my tools today and made 6 petals and after much thinking...and yes I felt like poo bear think think think

I made a usable passable butterfly!! OH THANK GOODNESS! my joy was short lived as the sobo glue I purchased on friday had its lid open and I dug a big chunk of dried glue out of the opening....just how good is the glue now?? purchasing another bottle tomorrow! and for the life of me I cant remember how I painted the 2nd color..toothpick? probably...super happy to know that I can make the Iris again...

making steady progress on the Chantilly...now in a stop place while I wait for a couple of things to arrive. going to let Pixie help me dig out furniture so we can stage it....I am unhappy with the bay colors...need to make some other choice soon! also ready to purchase my "icing" what do I use for this??? and any tips...hahaha...I have several duplicate tips....Im liking a star tip for ALOT of it. but seriously and hints that will make this go smoother??

and I also am not gonna shingle the roof....going for a slathered icing look....

• Like 1

I have been shingling the Buttercup Christmas house. I forgot how much I hate shingling!!!! I say this every time I do one and then I look at the results and it looks so nice:P

I am panicking because we may have to move and I really wanted this house to be done for Christmas. So, I am working like a dervish just in case.

• Like 1

making steady progress on the Chantilly...now in a stop place while I wait for a couple of things to arrive. going to let Pixie help me dig out furniture so we can stage it....I am unhappy with the bay colors...need to make some other choice soon! also ready to purchase my "icing" what do I use for this??? and any tips...hahaha...I have several duplicate tips....Im liking a star tip for ALOT of it. but seriously and hints that will make this go smoother??

and I also am not gonna shingle the roof....going for a slathered icing look....

Nutti, you might want to check out Karin (WyckedWood) Vineyard Christmas cottage. I'm putting a link to a picture where she was icing the roof. She had some great ideas on using the frosting tips to "ice" the house. It came out very nice. It might give you some inspiration for your house. If not, it's a great album just to have fun looking at.

• Like 1

I had decided to do this house in the same manner and than I found it had been done...she has done some amazing creative and fun things that I hope to emulate in my own way. thanks for the link...now I will go drool some more....

since I was at a stop on the Chantilly I got the Arthur out and cleaned 3 yrs of storage dust and grime off of it...found its box of furnishings and now it is ready to be displayed again!....makes me miss my Granville and Mckinnley still in storage...so good to be working on fun stuffs!

• Like 1

Thanks Holly, its so hard to find the time to do all of the things we have trapped in our minds! I get so scattered between wanting to do one thing or another. Ive been making rugs and was leary of pulling out another mess for painting. Oh well,now I have two messes to clean up lol

maybe just a simple birch twig (branch replica) criss-crossed to make the a more rustic and wintery frame. Give it the appearance of being tied together with ribbon or yarn and some holly leaves or berries tucked in the string.

• Like 1