What's everyone working on?

Thanks! I wanted to add a chandelier to the steampunk house but couldn't figure out how with the low ceilings---so my husband is going to cut a big oval out of the ceiling and the chandelier will be hung from the roof! I was going to use a nice piece of chain for it, but the house wants rope and a block and tackle....the house wants what the house wants!

• Like 1

I am glad that I brought some mini work with me. Its too hot to be outside and I am bored silly. I have been working on painting trim. I managed to loose one set of sill and trim.......can not find it anywhere. :(

I have lived in very old villages and they weren't dirty......some old building might be I wouldn't make the entire village "dirty". I am not exactly sure why you would want to do that but maybe I am not getting the point so excuse me. :p

• Like 1

In the HP movies Godric's Hollow and Hogsmead were old, but the only dirty buildings I recall were the remains of the Potters' house in the former and Aberforth Dumbledore's bar in the latter.

• Like 1

I am leaving the village as it is...I am concentrating on some things to go in the Village to set its tone....like I have gargoles and I am going to make the Rosedale the "House on the Hill" and for Halloween we will put all kinds of creepy crawlers all around and cover with webbing...Jaxon's input on our project

I also have movie monsters from the Dollar tree so Halloween is covered and I didnt have to make my little village dirty....we are also doing a cemetery....wish I had a Church....maybe next yr...lol...

had a rough day with my vertigo yesterday so I spent the day in and out of bed...looking forward to getting back into the swing of things

• Like 1

I am working on committing myself. I haven't dialed 911 yet, but I'm getting very close to it.

I want more rooms in my house. The way to get them (I've figured out), is to A] reverse the rooms in the house (and this would require switching front walls and reversing the laundry room) or B] build a tower (over the 2nd floor half room) and enlarge the half room on the 1st floor.

I can live with enlarging the room. What I'm not sure about will be the tower. I want a 3rd floor sleeping porch in the tower. I just can't seem to picture it in my mind, though.

I'd be losing the hobby room and gaining the office/den. Or, I could keep the hobby room, and put the attic in the tower roof.

Decisions, decisions.

I am working on committing myself. I haven't dialed 911 yet, but I'm getting very close to it.

Step away from the telephone! 5150 holds make it very difficult to get any mini-ing done.

I did a dry-fit of my porch railings last night, and glued on the balcony. Still need to cut the three planned windows for the second floor, but I may wait until I can spring for a Dremel instead of trying to make do with tools I have. I'd hate to flub something major like that at this point. It is really coming together so nicely and I'm over the moon excited. I was playing around with the idea of cutting out a portion of the third floor wall to add a little attic-y like space over the bay window extension. My husband said he thought that'd be "too contrived" (his favorite word when I talk about dh plans), but I'm not convinced it is. I'll have to think on it a while yet. I just hate the idea of leaving the space so wasted once the roof is on though.

Super glad I don't have any traveling to do this weekend! Looking forward to holing up in my craft room for several hours at a time!

• Like 1

I love the Haunted Village idea. If I had read your post more closely I would have seen why you wanted it dirty....duh!

I have one last village in the box to build. Its tempting to try making a Fall village. I already did one for Christmas!

You have Dollar Tree in Arizona? I wish we had one here in New Mexico!!!

• Like 1

My husband said he thought that'd be "too contrived" (his favorite word when I talk about dh plans), but I'm not convinced it is.

If it's something that might be found in a real house, it would be hard to call it contrived.

• Like 1

OK, everyone, I'm back to normal. I'm only going to enlarge the 1st floor half room and make it a full size room. It will be a sort of dining room/sunroom combo. I have windows I got with my house and I took a look at them this morning. There were originally 7 windows and I cam up with 6 that I could salvage. I'm going to make a long 4-window window and 1 double window out of them today. I've already had the pleasure if putting some off those little pieces of wood around the plastic panes, and my respect for the poor workers in China is beginning to know no bounds. Now I know why everyone buys the *&$%# windows pre-made!

• Like 1

You have Dollar Tree in Arizona?

YES!! and the 99cent store so Im in cheap heaven....

I came to love the DT in Mo but here they are HUGE and some with cold stuffs

and everywhere....I have 3 in my general area I frequent if Im looking for stuffs and the 99cent store

but go online to the Dollar tree website...my friend from Mo is CRAZY for online DT hahahaha

today is payday..yay lol...going to get a couple of things to finish what is on my work table and start the furniture for the Dianna...it is all put together

just needs embellishments...come on dark so I can get in my craftroom

I have SEVEN windows! OK, well, not complete windows, but enough bits and pieces to make 7 windows. What I'm doing is taking all the trim off each window, which leaves me with just a 4-sided box, more or less (I'm having to do some gluing to make a window into a box). I am gluing the sides of the boxes back to back except for the ends. So I have a triple window and a quadruple window. When they are all glued together, I will cover them with new trim. And voila! Windows for the sunroom. The triple window goes on the front wall and the quaduple window goes on the side wall, the other side attaches to the house. and the back is open, unless I can dig up 3 more windows.

Anyway, that's what I'm working on in between panting and heatstroke. What I can't understand is why the glue is so old the windows are almost all in pieces, but the pieces I need to take apart, are bonded with cement. Go figure. Then is the joyful ordeal of trying to pull off trim over paper to avoid sitting in splinters later on. However, with the fan going, all I have to do is forget once and move and the paper flies up, depositing little splinter all over where I will be sitting.......

And it's going to be 95 in my room today and the beer festival is on and they have the registration tent right underneath my window! But that's better than last year, when they had the BAND right across from my window and the toilets right under someone else's window. It's already about 89° outside. Does anyone besides me think unseasonably hot weather and and a beer festival combined isn't necessarily the smartest idea?

• Like 1

today I braved the heat of the craftroom and went looking for my styrofoam to use for a base to the Rosedale...not to be found...so piece of cardboard will have to do for now...I outlined the house and thought I hate there is no texture...and THAN I grabbed my kleenex and and started adding to the cardboard...when it dries I will do some sponge painting and seal it with mod podge...I found fencing to age to go around it and some cheesecloth to hang in the windows...also thinking a ghost through the wall. going to add those battery operated tea lights and some silhouettes to the windows....I have black satin cloth to use as ground coverage for the "haunted Village"....

I did not get any supplies...I bought the granddaughter a dress(SIGH) couldnt resist...so I reorganized my brain and started working on things I have everything for and that is the haunting of Rosedale Manor :batman:

I also have discovered some youtube How to Video's and now I think I can give Catriona's MHM addition the stone look without using paperclay....I wont tell how till Ive tried it for myself....

.... I also have discovered some youtube How to Video's and now I think I can give Catriona's MHM addition the stone look without using paperclay....I wont tell how till Ive tried it for myself....

Here is another idea for you. I love how cheap this is. It works similar to the paper clay in that you can draw/carve your pattern in it. It's sort of a diy or make your own stone out of newspaper. The idea and tutorial is from Mini Mod Pod.

• Like 2