What's everyone working on?

I've been busy lately, and I hurt my back so I didn't work on minis much recently. I have 2 roomboxes in the works for some little ball jointed dolls that I have recently purchased (lati yellow ball jointed dolls). hope to get them finished this weekend. :)

Marg, I sympathize about your back and hope that you're feeling better. Go slow and easy and give yourself lots of time to heal before you start bouncing around on pogo sticks or climbing mountains. Your dolls sound adorable! I'm keeping my fingers crossed that you'll be able to get in some mini time this weekend.

I had a small victory this week when I got the Grim Reaper's party boat restaged. Yay!!! Everything is out of the box and back in place so the skellies are partying like there's no tomorrow. Jerry's back in his place in the bar with his guitar and the drunk on the deck is grilling ribs, and even the titanic couple on the upper deck are doing their thing again. <happy sigh> It's the first of my houses that I've restaged since the move so I'm feeling pretty good. Like I said, small victories. One way or another I'll get my minis back to the front and center of my life where they belong.

• Like 2

Until I get more of the dungeon (basement) sorted out, minis are a no go for me, but I have the mini village outside to play with all summer. I just got more fairies and a little rock house with a door. I have to go and get some fake grass at home depot this weekend. I won't have to mow it!!

Sarah, I use a keyhole saw for windows. They are around 5.00 at Walmart or any of he home stores. You simply have to drill pilot holes near the corner to get it started.

:doh: :doh: Can't believe I didn't think of that! To make it worse, I was just at Home Depot picking up some other supplies. Oh well, I'll be forced to go back and look at some more pretty things.

Confession time: I bought myself a Dremel 3000 while I was there :wub:

Confession time: I bought myself a Dremel 3000 while I was there :wub:

Yay!!!!!! <doing the happy-new-power-tool-dance> You're going to sooooooooooo love it. I'm pretty sure that I'll ask to be buried with my Trio. LOL! It'll just make life so much easier for you Sarah. I'm happy for you!

Everyone has been so busy!! :) Real life has been dealing some pretty harsh blows the past several weeks, but things are slowly getting back to being manageable. I am finally back to doing some mini stuff, working on a Buttercup " castle " , some furniture and a couple of Christmas mice for a good friend, and it feels pretty good ! :D

• Like 1

So, I ditched the Chantilly project for now. I tried to make new parts for it but it just wouldn't fit together. I took out my little Buttercup and have started on it. Its perfect for me, not so frustrating and its a secret what its going to be for now :bigwink: !

• Like 1

I can sympathize, Roxy - I found several parts of the Chantilly build to be incredibly difficult and/or confusing (probably not the best one for me to choose for a first project). I even left a few of the minor parts off because I just couldn't figure them out. Hope you have a lot of fun building your Buttercup!

• Like 2

Well, I am still on the hunt for a keyhole saw small enough for what I want to do. I did use my new Dremel to cut my window holes :) They are a little rougher than I would like, but I have molding and spackle so no problems covering up the boo boos. So in love with that little tool already! I'm looking forward to doing more things with it.

• Like 1

Thank-you! I liked adding a little more bling to these! When I went to Michael's yesterday they had discounted all the laser cut wood things by 60% so cleaned them out of chandeliers! :ohyeah: Not sure what I'm going to do with them all, maybe sell them all made up.

• Like 2

I am picking Steampunk parts out of the rug in my workroom. I accidentally knocked two of my storage boxes off of a shelf and they landed upside down on the floor... Please don't ask if I'm having fun now.... Please!

Elizabeth, that sounds fun!

Casey, you can use your vacuum to pick up tiny things. Just rubber band an old knee high over the end of the suction hose. Instant grabber and nothing gets sucked into the vacuum! Please don't ask how I know this...too embarrassing.

I'm hoping to get the porch on the bungalow finished today. I have to decide the color of the house so I can paint the front before the second floor goes on. I'm pretty sure my hand will NOT fit in the porch to paint it after it's assembled. This wouldn't be too big an issue except I can't find the little tubs of paint (sample cans) I was going to pick a house color from :glare:

I love playing around with different wallpaper too. So far I've used scrapbook paper for wallpaper because I dabble in scrapbooking, so I already have a good amount in my stash. Plus, you've gotta love those "6 for $1.00" scrapbook paper sales at Joann's and A.C. Moore! Right now I'm gathering up food-related paper for my upcoming bakery/sweet shop, but I can't decide if I want the wallpaper to be really loud and crazy or more elegant and understated.

• Like 1

I'm finishing up the shingles on the Westville. I bricked the chimney with egg carton brick and am trying to figure out what to use for mortar. I don't have a good hobby shop close by and would have to buy the premixed stuff on line. Time to improvise...

I can't decide if I want the wallpaper to be really loud and crazy or more elegant and understated.

I vote for elegant and understated, only because loud and crazy reminds me of children (which are fine, but I chose not to have more than one). My .02! :)

I bricked the chimney with egg carton brick and am trying to figure out what to use for mortar.

wouldnt spackle or joint compound work? you can get that at Wal-mart....its what I used for the eggshell stonework I did and it came out great...

it is what I plan on using when I use egg carton as well...unless Im told not to...lol

I have done nothing in Miniature but get some supplies for the next round....I have multiple hutches to be finished and some trees to make for our haunted village