What's everyone working on?

Ever since I had hand surgery, some of the building processes are a bit hard for me to handle. So I found other ways to do them! I made a great discovery.

For gluing wallpaper, floor paper and most any kind of paper I use Elmer's Craft Bond Extra Strength glue sticks 1.4 oz. They are cheap, easily found in your local Walmart and they work so well I was wondering why people go through all that trouble with the wallpaper pastes and other messy glues????????

This glue goes on so easy, holds as well as anything else I have tried. I don't even prime the walls first and I have no issues at all with any of the floor or wallpaper. Just saying........ Try it, you'll like it! :)

Make sure you don't use the kiddie school glue sticks!!

• Like 2

I've got 4 days until I submit my little Georgian Townhouse to the Hobby Hall at our State Fair! Almost finished, but not quite. And for the next 3 days - Thursday through Saturday - I'm working 12-hour days at a County Fair. Think I could build a bit of micro furniture at my booth? Color me crazy, but I'm going to try it! I still have to make two beds for the upstairs bedrooms, and need to finish the dining room table. I think it will have a table cloth that goes almost to the floor - and I will avoid painting it! I made a couple of parlor settees that need painting, but I don't think I should bring paint to work!

The house is wired - and the lights still work after all the moving and messing around while putting the house together. Landscaping is almost finished. Oh yeah, I need some curtains for the windows. I bet I could cut them out at work, too.

Wish me luck! :)

• Like 1

today has been re learning just how much I dislike wall paper and it dosnt care for me either lol...but in between doing each room...I take a break and started painting all the trim a lovely white,,,Pixie asked if she could help so Im gonna let her help me paint some of the trim and we are going to clean up Madame Bo'ney travel trailer cuz I have someplace to display it in the crap room!!

Color me crazy, but I'm going to try it!

<digging thru my big box of crayons and looking for the one labeled "crazy"> Hey CJ, I can't find that one but there's a gorgeous shade of purple that might work! :D I don't think you're crazy at all.........I think you're kicking butt!

Nutti, that's awesome that Miss Pixie wants to help out. That girl will be a dollhouse builder someday, you just watch and see. Once she discovers power tools, there will be no turning back. LOL!!

Yesterday I was able to get the Emerald Fairy house back on its base and all the landscaping pieces in their proper places so the Fairy house is officially back to normal. Yay! I did find the fairy hiding in tons of bubble wrap in the middle of a drawer full of silk flowers so she was in perfect condition except that she came off her bubble. (She's one of the Bubble Rider Fairies) I'd always kind of wanted her off the bubble so I could put her in the house so that worked out even better than I could have planned. The bubble went back out into the yard and now I have a perfectly proportioned delicate fairy kneeling on her bed and looking cute as a button!

I had to order more Noch grass for the other two display tables so while I wait for it I'm going to work on the graveyard that goes between the Pierce and the Glencroft on Magick Street. You know how Percutio and Maharet are always meeting in the cemetery on moonlit nights so I want to make it an extra special romantic place. I have a new emerald green dragon perched on a cross shaped tombstone to incorporate into the scene. I was going to use the black picket fence that used to go around the Glencroft but before I do that I need to dig thru my landscaping stuff and see if I have any more wrought iron fencing. That would look so much better but if I don't have enough I'll use the picket and be happy enough with that. Now I just need to decide if I want to use grass or coffee grounds and coarse turf for the cemetery. <pausing to consider> Probably the coarse turf since I may want to have an open grave somewhere or decide to bury someone something else in there later on.

• Like 1

<chuckling> Oh, it can be a very dark and scary place sometimes but other times it's all rainbows and unicorns who fart glitter. (I actually once made a unicorn that farted glitter which reinforces that my brain can be a scary, or at least very weird, place). LOL

Guess what I did this afternoon? I got out all the pieces of my Tennyson and put it back into dry fit. Yay!!!! It doesn't sound like much but I was waiting for the paint to dry on the graveyard base and happened to glance down and saw the Tennyson pieces laying where they've been ever since we moved. I put this house into dry fit almost three years ago and bought all the furnishings for it. It's my artist's seaside retreat based on my perception of "The Awakening" so some of you might remember me talking about it. The interior is all white wire and I have everything from the furniture to pictures for the walls to more knick knacks and doo dads than I've ever put in any other house. While it was in dry fit in Denver I kept it completely furnished and even tho the house wasn't built, I still liked playing with it during super low energy times when I couldn't do anything else. This house soothes me. I'm not sure why the urge hit me today to get it back into dry fit and furnished again but I never question the house and the Tennyson is happy enough to wait its turn as long as it can be up and watch all the other things going on. Tomorrow I'll get out the bins with all its furnishings and stage it again. With any luck, it won't be long before I can start building it but in the meantime, I can still enjoy playing with it.

The best part is that I was able to assemble it without looking at the picture or the instructions. (I have no idea where either of them are) But to be able to do it all from memory is HUGE and I'm still doing my little victory dance about that.

Oh, I figured out how to make an open grave on a flat base too. it's an optical illusion but I think it'll work out well. If it does I'll tell you how. If it doesn't, then we'll pretend I never mentioned it. hehehehehehe

• Like 4

I did it! I made one bed at my desk this morning - will try one more tomorrow. I forgot my Exacto knife, so I used the little paring knife I keep in my lunch box. Not quite the same. I used foamcore and tissue paper - white for the sheet and pillow, and red for the coverlet. It's a Christmas paper, that has a bit of a sheen on one side. I cut the foamcore in half (too thick) and then scraped some of the "innards" off to turn up a headboard. Painted that with a magic marker. I'll bring a couple more tools and make another one tomorrow.

Oh, yeah - took care of some customers, too :)

post-4286-0-80618800-1408670717_thumb.jp

• Like 3

that is another challenge for me... to furnish one of these 1/144th scale houses....I have all the wallpapaer trimed....one more piece to go...than no more wallpapering for me...from now on it will be painted....pfft on wallpaper....I had to walk away twice today....its better for all when I do lol....shoot and the 2nd floor ceiling needs done too....bring on the fun stuff!!

So I finished staging the Tennyson and was kind of surprised at how much stuff I have for it! It's definitely the "fullest" house I own and that might be saying something. LOL!! But I caught a big sale at A Z T E C on everything white wire and I literally bought out the store. Then Handley House had a big sale on teeny accessories and figurines, knick knacks, and brick-a-brac which made me go a little crazy too. The Tennyson has two parlors, two guest bedrooms and the attic is the owner's bedroom, sitting room, and artist studio so there's a lot of teeny details that can be used in each room. Those wrap-around porches are too cool not to fill with rocking chairs and lemonade and hanging plants and basket chairs so even the porches are busy places. I haven't even looked in the box with all the landscaping but there's a ton of that too. I opened the box with all the wiring and it looks like the ceiling fans and fixtures made the move okay which is a relief. I'm really happy to have it out to play with even if it's not built yet.

Tracy is helping me with some ideas about how to do the graveyard for Magick Street and it's going to be sooooooooo cool! I even found my shovels for digging graves. Yay!

<giggling> Sometimes this memory loss thing can be used in my favor since I can go thru things that have been packed for almost a year and since I don't remember them, it's like going mini shopping in my own house. LOL!! Everything is new to me all over again!

• Like 4

I finished up four sock monkey hats and three owls and sent them off to the store, they are selling good so that means more mini money for me :) . I pulled out the Orchid and am going to try some landscaping and get it ready for the fair. Next will be filling up the room box as an antique store to also enter, busy, busy :D

• Like 1

Oh, heck, Deb, I get that sensation with my own memory, and I haven't even had a stroke or so to aggravate it!

Yeah, but I'm twenty years behind you in age so I'm just learning how to embrace my premature senility. LOL!!! Give me a few more months and I'll only need one book. hehehehehehe

I shouldn't have done it and when Bruce finds out I've been climbing a ladder he'll have my hide for sure, but I've reeeeeeeeeeally wanted to hang tuscan style strings of lights from the ceiling in the dollhouse loft. I have an LED weeping willow tree in one corner of the room and thought that the strings of lights would go with it to enhance the fantasy tone of the room. It just so happened that walmart had three boxes of the perfect lights (I could have used two more but I'll make do with what I have) so I've been climbing around hanging them from the ceiling and it looks *amazing*!!! They don't add much light but they sure do add ambiance! I still have a few strands of clear fairy lights that I'll incorporate into the room but I'm not sure where yet. For now I'll just soak in the way it looks and decide where the fairly lights belong later. I also need to get a bunch of silk ivy or grape vines to add here and there. After I get the grass on the tables and everything back where it belongs I'll take some pictures.

• Like 2

took a break from minis to make a birthday pressie...and while shopping at the Dollar Tree...what did I see??

HAUNTED VILLAGE!!...I found several pieces to add to my village to spook it up for the Holidays!!

the items are in quarter scale

• Like 2

The weather over here is really inspiring some Halloween mood, that is for sure! Need to make a path in the baseement storage area so that I can access the boxe/es of fabric and stuff that I still haven't been able to unpack just yet (and really won't be able to for a looong time either)

I am really looking forward to next weeke nd as MIKL and I will be attending a doll sculpting class that is held just an hour away which is such a treat. It is a two day course with mostly scultping during saturday and dressing/wigging during Sunday.

Have packed my little tool kit so that is ready to go Saturday morning, :D

I have also made some progress with the base for the ighthouse, most styrofoam parts are now atleast glued in place, still need to carve out bits and pieces to make it look more like a rock surface

Now I think I will have a Little playtime with that stove and the gears/cogs/sprockets and stuff to see what we can come up with. I didn't intend the steampunking house to hold a stov, but the stove wants it so we'll see where it might go when it is done...

Hugs

• Like 1

My order of Noch grass from HBS came yesterday and this afternoon I finished covering all the tables. Now the landscaping can begin!

I'll get some better pictures as soon as I can find my light box and get it set up but I can't wait to show y'all the little 1:144 farmhouse that Nutti made for me.

post-329-0-64925200-1408930861_thumb.jpg

If you think the outside is amazing, wait till you see the inside! She even put lace curtains on the windows! Of course it has to live in my Pierce because the witch loves dollhouses too. The other ones are resin but even they don't have the fabulous details of the house Nutti built. Just look at those window boxes! And the shingles!!!!!!! Once I get the photo table set up in the studio I'll get some better pics that show all the detail but for now you can see how gorgeous and amazing it is. Lynette is one seriously talented lady!

• Like 3

.... for now you can see how gorgeous and amazing it is. Lynette is one seriously talented lady!

You are one lucky lady to have a Nutti original.

Purple no less - my fav color!

So happy you are feeling up to unpacking and playing with your minis again. :cloud9:

no Holly...nutti only has the patients and eyesight for full size flowers!

awe Deb...you are very kind...and I love how the attic looks with all the little houses!

I spent the day with Madame Bo'ney's travel trailer...I was amazed and happy that sitting in a storage unit in Mo for 3 yrs with no protection it had very little actual damage. layers of dust and someone forgot the batteries in the lights so both sets no longer work...one set the wires are cut and no hope...but Im gonna try to clean the connecting points on the other set.. so we shall see....everything else is not bad!! YAY!!

• Like 1