What's everyone working on?

I'm working on a hanging wicker swing chair... It has turned into two. The first one is Tessie's and the second one will be for Daisy. Designing as I go takes a few days. Having fun doing it. Photos of what I have so far are on the blog. Just poke "my blog changes daily" to see the progress.

..... The first one is Tessie's and the second one will be for Daisy. Designing as I go takes a few days....

I've been watching with interest.

But, I'm curious about something. Have we ever been properly and officially been introduced to Daisy, by that I mean have we ever seen her on the set of Caseysminis before - in person? I looked for a picture of her as a real person/witch but couldn't anything but an oldish tiny photo that might be her. Is she going to appear in person soon to take up residence? Is she still in the Casey creation machine? Well, I can't wait to meet her.

I'm working on a hanging wicker swing chair... It has turned into two. The first one is Tessie's and the second one will be for Daisy. Designing as I go takes a few days. Having fun doing it. Photos of what I have so far are on the blog. Just poke "my blog changes daily" to see the progress.

One of the truly ancient, OOP mini magazines had a how-to to make mini hanging basket chairs out of needlepoint canvas.

Home again after a two day doll-/mini-person-making hich was a blast and I came home with a true character wgich will easily translate into a mini steampunking lady doll-person, she allready got her hat and under dress done, now to finish her dress and add the detqils...

Hugs

• Like 1

Holly, I have done hanging chairs with needlepoint canvas, years ago. This time, I did it from scratch. The wicker part is now finished. I'm going to start a second one now. I am liking them.

Selkie, Daisy refuses to show her face until I make her cottage livable. Hang on. She will show up one of these days.

It was so much fun meeting others just as interested in learning new ways as well as just trying out their hands creating a mini/doll personalitiy.

Agneta who taught the class shared a very neat tool/idea, a mold made to keep the head piece in whilst sculpting the facial features just so that the clay wouldn't get to warm and/or mush it all up.

It is made from the flexible two part minute-mold which she also showed us how to do ourselves.

You can see it in these pics as well:

http://naominiblog.wordpress.com/2014/08/31/doll-mini-person-class-over-the-weekend/

Hugs

• Like 1

:) Happy to share! As for the "duct" tape part, it is t-shirt material, not the regular cotton ones but the lycra/training ones as the edges arent ravelling or fraying as much and can be strectched whilst wrapping without "crumbling"

Hugs

I am with you there Holly, but then again I am having an idea where ai might be able to get my hands on some fabric like that by the yard.... (Way cheaper as well ;) )

Hugs

Another painting I did yesterday, I painted this to go in the blue room of my Beacon Hill where Ive had a large blank wall for far too long. Really enjoyed doing this one:) I made some mistakes but fixed them the best I could. My favorite part is the smoke curling up from the chimney:)

post-185-0-88412500-1409591730_thumb.jpg

• Like 6

I finished shingling the roof of my Buttercup Christmas house. I used up some old shingles and it was a bit wonky working with them as they had become so brittle but I made it!
I am going to seal them with acrylic and then paint them white. I bought some glitter paint to paint on the white to make it look snow sparkly.

I am also working on restoring a really cute antique metal stove for the kitchen. ( thanks Stace :) )

• Like 2

went digging through my container of furniture and I am not happy with my kitchen selection but it will do and I am going to have to make a bed for the boy

since I have to make one I think a race car bed would be perfect! I am in the procrastination portion of my build....but I do like where its going.... :beak:

• Like 1

As most of you know,I've been too sick from my 1st chemotherapy session to get much hands-on dollhousing done. But over the last few days,in between trips to the bathroom (!),I have been working a bit on a little partial half wall or partition to go between one part of the kitchenette and living room in my D.C. Ashley build. Roxy's work on her Buttercup with it's partition walls has inspired me to try to do something. Well, a piece of produce tray styrofoam scored,painted,and spackle-mortared to look like rustic,square brick tiles is as far as I got,but it's better than nothing!LOL I plan to put either the stove or sink (I plan to make both.) on the kitchenette side once the wall is glued in. Not much progress,and still a long way to go. But at least the next time I am feeling well enough to do more I'll have that part ready! :)

In case anyone is interested:The Dura-Craft Ashley and the 12 scale Greenleaf Buttercup are almost identical in floor plan and close to the same area size inside,except the Ashley has a porch where the Buttercup has the vestibule at the door. The Ashley has 2 dormers upstairs besides the porch peak/alcove they both have. They both have bump out windows on one side(opposite sides),but the Ashley doesn't have the window seat. ( I will have one in my Ashley.) Just some info I hope someone can use...Maybe one day I will bash one of my unopened Ashley kits into a Buttercup! :D

EDIT: I'm so sorry I forgot to add,for any dollhousing newcomers:Dura-Craft is no longer in business. I found my Ashley kits on Ebay and Amazon.com. But,you can get a brand new 12 scale Buttercup kit in Greenleaf's online store! :)

Edited by kat57
  • Like 3

I see I shall have to check out the remnant bins at Jo-Ann's and Wally World next time I'm there.

Kat, I like that you're doing what you can with your minis, when you can. Having these little bits done will make it seem like the major accomplishment it is when you're finally well enough to put them all together.

• Like 1

went digging through my container of furniture and I am not happy with my kitchen selection but it will do and I am going to have to make a bed for the boy

since I have to make one I think a race car bed would be perfect! I am in the procrastination portion of my build....but I do like where its going.... :beak:

Nutti, a race car bed sounds so adorable and if you could find the right fabric,look at the sweet set this lady made. I think Blondie and Roxy might like the second one a bit! :D

http://littlethingsbyanna.blogspot.com/

And thanx,Holly-it did feel good to do a little something 'little'! :)

I'm fairly sure this next week and a half or so will be shot,if not longer,but I'm gonna try to daydream dollhouses a lot! LOL

• Like 1

Nutti, will you be making the bed shaped like a race car? Those are fun! and I think I saw one in the last Rooms To Go Kids ad: http://www.roomstogokids.com/product/product%3AFL-3611603P/Disney-Cars-Lightning-McQueen-II-3-Pc-Twin-Bed/3611603P/?_ga=1.26208436.860289675.1409659344

Kat, thanks for that link. She makes cut stuff. you could cut some mini mattress-sized pieces from your foam trays and stack them to make nini beds for your little houses.

• Like 1