What's everyone working on?

We were awakened around half past four this morning by thunder and lightning, a real wonderful light show but made it difficult to get back to sleep ao to speak. But its been a productive day, started the morning up at the loft painting RL house boards for the exterior, then as I were up there anyways (and it still in its very raw stage) I spray painted a few more items, amongst other things a couple of the bargain stoves from the Farum show, what a difference that did! I also spray painted a few more little charms bits and pieces that I just might need for the fence around the lighthouse or if not they'll work somewhere I am sure ;)

Hugs

I finished installing hardwood floors on the porch of Whitebrush Manor yesterday, and got it stained. While I was waiting for that to dry, I started sanding the Seaside Beach Cottage. I've decided that house doesn't "do it" for me after all, so I'm thinking of donating it to the local homeless shelter here in town once it's done. Kids that don't have their own home might enjoy playing with it, and since it's MDF, it is definitely sturdy enough for play. That might actually be why I'm so uninspired by it. There's just something about the MDF that I've come to realize I don't like. I'll have to call the shelter and see if they'll take it, or even have the room for it.

Today I'll slap some tung oil on WBM's porch and then sand some more. Wheee (sarcastic font--sanding is LOW on my enjoyment list)!

OH OH OH, and the best news!! I put an offer on a DC Cambridge kit and then realized it didn't have any of the wall pieces. So I was able to retract my bid by saying I put the wrong amount (which is true because I would've placed a MUCH lower offer had I realized) and then not even an hour later I found a woman with a complete kit less than a mile from my house! The best part is that she was only asking $10 more than the offer I'd put on the incomplete kit! I was MEANT to have it!

• Like 7

I am working on my Buttercup which is going to be a Christmas house for Mr and Mrs Santa Mouse. This is such a fun, cute little house I think I am enjoying it more than the big ones. The hard part is trying to figure out how to divide up that 1st floor room into a kitchen and livingroom. There is very little space so I figure I can't fit everything that would go in a kitchen, probably just a stove and a table. Its hard to come up with stuff because there are no craft stores here. I know all the Christmas stuff is out in Michaels and Hobby Lobby but I can't get there right now. Anyway, I am having fun! :)

• Like 1

That's a good idea Holly except I already glued the dang thing all together! I am probably going to order another Buttercup though and bash it a bit so I will keep that in mind. I love this little house.......so cute!

• Like 1

:kicking: I unpacked the furnishings for the Willowcrest this morning, dusted everything and restaged the whole house. Yipppeeeee!!!! It's really nice to be able to hold and pet my minis again. This makes two houses restaged and only 12 more to go. Right now I'm not worrying about the landscaping because I have an idea of doing the landscaping on the tables and set the houses directly on them instead of putting them on individual bases again. It would maximize my arrangement space and give me a lot of options if I want to change things. If I cover the tables with grass and attach the landscaping features carefully (or not at all), I can move things around when the urge strikes me. There are a couple like the fairy house that definitely need their own base because of the way the landscaping is done but overall I think I could get away with landscaping the way one would do it for a train setup directly on the tables.

<happy dancing> I played with minis today!!!!! Yay!!!!

• Like 2

Sounds great, Deb! I have one suggestion. On my 9.00 dollhouse, I took pieces of foam core and made little patches of landscape to fit against the front of the house. That way I could move them and change the position of the house at will.

• Like 2

closer and closer I get to setting up my Haunted village...I have my cottage done and Im very happy with it....

I have decided to get glow sticks and flickering tea lights for the inside of the houses....

The Rosedale is looking better each time I play with it...do I do furnishings or just let it be empty???

I gave it a few dirty washes inside and out....and than I started adding the green landscaping grass as moss to the roof and corners...

I cant wait to start setting it up...need to go to Micheals and get a few doodads for it...

tried a marbling technique and it would probably work well for some one with a little more patients than me...I will post photos of what I did do when they are all dry and clear coated....wasnt happy with the mess I made and only 1 of the items made me happy....NEXT!

still gathering my courage and knowledge to restart Catriona's house....since she is no longer interested in it but for her someday little girl....I have time and I want to do it right and make it extra special!! just wish it was a Greenleaf house and not this other monster house with all its building needs...

onwards!

• Like 1

....The Rosedale is looking better each time I play with it...do I do furnishings or just let it be empty???...

You could do a few broken, aged furnishings to go with the haunted nature of the house.

• Like 1

And maybe convince a cute little spider to move in for a while and leave some cobwebs!

Yesterday I glued Whitebrush Manor to the base, added the trim pieces around the outside bottom, and glued on the porch railings and roof support. I also added little mini hooks to the porch roof support so I'll be able to put hanging baskets with seasonal plants all around the porch. Next up is to glue the porch roof and start shingling! Now that all my fiddly little painting jobs are done, it seems to be going so much more quickly. I have more progress pictures to upload, so I'll try to do that soon.

Working on my Buttercup Christmas house. Working with almost no supplies causes one to become extra creative ( and desperate!) Maybe I should have waited until next month when every store will be full of Christmas stuff already! ha ha Oh nooooooooo!!!!

Ran out of printer ink again so dug into my scrap pile and found one piece of paper to just fit the very last wall!!! Hurray!!!

• Like 1

I am making a circular staircase around a rosemary tree. So far, so good... You can see the progress on today's blog entry. Please keep your fingers crossed! I'm going to need it, to make this work.

• Like 2

Sounds great, Deb! I have one suggestion. On my 9.00 dollhouse, I took pieces of foam core and made little patches of landscape to fit against the front of the house. That way I could move them and change the position of the house at will.

I did some similar pieces for Magick Street and the Pierce and then decided that we'd probably never move so I started attaching the landscaping directly to the base. I don't intend to move again but I think the grass base on all the tables and individual landscaping components will be a great way of allowing me to rearrange my houses if I want. Right now they all look so naked without their landscaping!

Today I evaluated the damage to the French Cafe. I was just sick at the way it was returned to me and threw away the base because the paperclay stonework was trashed too bad to repair. I'd rather just start over. The good thing is that the house is structurally sound and some glue did wonders to fix the cosmetic damage to the trim. About half the lights are shorting out and since fixing them would require ripping out both floors it probably won't happen. The chandelier, carriage light and fireplace seem to be okay but I don't trust it so I'll detach the transformer and just let the lights be for show. I don't know what she did to it that would have messed up the wiring. <shaking head> Anyway, the house and interior furnishings are there and some of the landscape pieces like the trellises were in the box so that's good. It took me almost a week to do those trellises! It looks like most of the patio fence pieces were in the box so I'll put them into my landscaping stash and save them for when I can make a new outside dining area. Overall it could have been much worse so I'm grateful that the house is solid and most of the stuff was still there. That's a lot better than what I was expecting.

It feels sooooooo good to just hold my minis in my hands again. And with my faulty memory I ran across a few things I forgot I had so it was like getting new minis all over again!!!

• Like 2

I have so many projects going that I don't know what to work on first :) , but that's a good thing - keeps me busy. I have the Buttercup figured out and am really bashing this, lots of changes, I'm getting the Orchid landscaped and ready to enter in the fair, and have been checking out my new rehab house, the Peaches & Cream. It is built but none of the interior has been decorated, so it's going to be a challenge to paint/wallpaper, but such a cute little house. It came with a bunch of furniture, some will stay with it, others will go in another house and some will be mailed out and shared with friends. :D The cutest piece is a half scale dresser that will go in the Fairfield ( another WIP ) Today I'll be finishing up a crochet project and then pulling the sewing machine out and stitching up another project, and maybe have time to work on something mini.

• Like 1

took a break from haunting to work on a lil farm house....

1/144th...I found it again when looking for something else AND shingles....forgot I had bought a roll of it wayyy back when

so I played with it and I am going to use it on my little farm house....working on this house is my warm up to the next one I have calling my name.

it is 9 rooms with a intricate stair case....printed some wall papers...ty checkmouse

farm house is repainted , wallpapered and some of the windows in...I am tired so caling it a night....

:bigwink: