What's everyone working on?

Kat- hope you are feeling better soon!

WyckedWood/Karin- I am just loving your little paintings! Housework can wait! :)

I have finished the interior demolition/prep work for the North Park/Ellwanger house: I have won the battle of the wallpaper! Walls are now primed and I have started to do the repair work on the tapewire system.

• Like 3

Would a box car derby car work for a doll size car bed? they have the kits to make them at hobby lobby. I got a bag of "wheels" yesterday at the local dollar store. The were party favors, yo-yos that I am going to take apart and hang in the garage.

Yep, now a garage, with "office" attached. two different kits, but my youngest grandson is "green-eyed" his sisters dollhouse. I was in a quandary as to what to build for a boy, so I am building him a garage to put HIS Viper in. His Daddy has a Viper, so it was a no brainer to find him a little one. I got lucky on ebay. It's the same colors. Now all I have to do is get the get-up-and-go, to do it.

• Like 3

My Muse popped in for a visit today and we spent a happy hour or two in the studio. I finished painting the resin maid doll who will eventually work for Dr. Robertson as his housekeeper. I was going to tart her up but she was having none of that! She's a demure lady and plans to stay that way. <sigh> Okay, fine. However she does look much better in a burgundy gown with teal blue trim and a brown leather apron with brass studs. When you work for a mad scientist, it's probably best to wear a leather apron so it's more practical than a fashion statement.

Apparently steampunking takes on a life of its own when you sit down at the work table zonked out of your mind on pain pills and muscle relaxers. After digging around in the steampunk parts and pieces bins I found components for Dr. Robertson to make a fabulous steam powered fireplace cleaning device. Maggie (the maid) is quite taken with it. I think she'll have to go stay in the witch's house and give Marie (the other maid) a hand until I can get a house built for the good Doctor. I'm happy with my new steampunk piece and Maggie's new look but mainly I'm just thrilled to have finally finished a project! Yay!! I'm going to celebrate now by soaking in a hot bath.

• Like 3

when I dug through my big rubbermaid container of furniture...it would not go back...I worked at it a few different ways....nope what came out was NOT going back in

so I ran to the Dollar Tree...where they had NO plastic shoe boxes....I settled for larger blue thingies without lids...than I really went through all my stuff and sorted into those bin and the boxes that already housed some dressed beds like the one made from the heart arbor....I also took out all the HOM kits and put them with the ones I have purchased here....YAY I have another clock to build. and than I repacked it all into the rubbermaid!

that took most of my day yesterday....Today Catriona was here and while the baby napped she and I talked about her house... :banana:

Gingerbread house is put aside till I get my finishing touches. but I have to have something to do so I pulled out my Village and started the little church...it is going to be a Glitter Church and maybe one of the houses will be also! :victory:

I designed a Japanese Tansu(step chest) for Daisy's cottage yesterday. Today I will start cutting out and putting together.

The only bad part of the Coventry cottage is that it only has a couple of straight up and down walls on the second floor. Most are slanted. Thus the unusual shape is needed.

With the other hand, I am doing a second wicker swing chair. Last night I Got that about half done. It will be on the blog later today. Just poke "my blog changes daily" below if you want to see it so far.

• Like 2

I have been building like crazy almost done with the buttercup Christmas House! Lots to decorate on the inside my favorite part!

I noticed I have been doing more mini building and less typing I need to catch up! :-)

spent most of the day baking a cake but I did manage to put the lil Arthur together and the lil tudor...both are textured and the Arthur is painted...

the church is finished but Jaxon says I put tooo much glitter...I have assured him there is no such a thing as too much glitter.

I have my village on my work table along with the rosedale...the kids are getting excited about setting it all up!

• Like 1

This afternoon I finished a medieval "Game Keepers Cottage". It has a stone tower, stone wall and two story stone cottage, with a reflective pond below. I wanted this to look like an old painting found in an attic so I antiqued it,I like the way that made it kind of moody. This is my first time doing a reflection in water.

• Like 3

if I build another one! I've got a coupla primroses laying around here somewhere..

perfect for an artist studio! I also am an admirer or these paintings!...

today I got the lil tudor trimmed up and the roof is shingled and the lil Arthur is ready for windows and trim....I had to dig out my dremel to force

the door of the tudor back into the hole it came out of! SIGH....

I enjoy the cheerfullness of these Villages that Im just going with it...and there WILL be more Glitter....I also blurred the windows....so when I put lights in them there will just be glow..... :bigwink:

Thanks Nutti. I'm looking fw to seeing the village dressed up for Christmas. I don't think I've ever seen pictures of those houses put together in a Christmas setting. Jenspec did a haunted village ( really cool) but I'm not sure which village pieces she used.