What's everyone working on?

I've been looking for chickens with feathers too and have not been able to find any that won't break the bank. I'm looking for half scale, but have only found very few in one inch scale. Guess we are going to have to try making them. Maybe there will be a market for them! :lol:

Half scale chickens check model railroad Suppliers for G scale. Maybe you could put feathers on those

• Like 1

Holy Cow or should I say Holy Chicken!!

And to think I almost bought it before you did !!

I'm so glad something made me wait.

That said, she does looks hilarious sitting there waiting to fit in the coop. :p:D :lol:

She does look like she wants in doesn't she? :lol: Unfortunately for her, her chicks are bigger than my full sized hens! Big butt bird! Sorry Holly but she won't work for Barbie scale either, she's almost as big as Barbie's dream car. Barbie could ride this heifer like a horse. She's like a big egg laying public service announcement against steroids. Heck I have a cornish hen in the freezer who isn't as big as she is. Looks like she's just going to have to hang out in a drawer until Thanksgiving. Thank goodness she wasn't expensive, otherwise I'd be in tears

• Like 2

I display oversized minis on shelves and in settings with similarly scaled pieces. From time to time DH "plunders my non-dh scale minis to set up scenes on the shelf below our glass-topped dining table.

• Like 1

Today I took down my dry-fitted Lily. THAT was a terrifying experience! :fear: With all of the slits and tabs that hold this together (solidly), I thought pieces were going to break as I took it back down. This one will not be one I neurotically dry fit as I go. Now it's going up floor by floor as much as possible.... and staying up.

Time to start priming and figuring out my wallpaper choices.

I finally managed to finish wallpapering the hallway in my rowhouse today. I had to do one piece over three times and if it hasn't worked out today I was going to burn the house down. (Haha - kidding. I think. :o ) Also did crown molding and window trim in the upstairs hall and started the hardwood floor. Next up will be permanently installing the stairs and the last light (which is attached to the stairs -- both were waiting on this wallpaper before I could move on).

• Like 2

I'm still plugging away on my micro Georgian Townhouse. These are really detailed instructions but they still get confusing! Connect Z1 to Z3 and add A5 and B2 while you hold C3 and F4 - I'm getting lost in the alphabet soup!! :crazyeyes: And since I'm adding lights to the project, I have to fit in into the main instructions and hope I don't miss a step. Oh, well - I am having fun with it :)

• Like 3

As long as it's still fun,CJ,that's what matters! Right now I'm playing with Dap Dry Dex spackle,experimenting to see if adding a dab of craft paint to it affects it's texture. It looks like it may be okay,but not sure yet. made swatches of some lighter weight spackle earlier and it looks perfect dry. But I only have a little of it left. I'll have to dally with my paints some more to get the exact color I want and I'll let the Dap test swatches dry thoroughly before I try out it for real. I would probably be farther along on my building,but the Ashley kit wants colored stucco walls! I ought to just paint after spackling,but it won't hurt to experiment first,I guess. And,it is fun. ;)

• Like 1

I spent yesterday working on my outdoor dollhouse. I went to lowes and got some textured spraypaint for the roof, a cement paver for the foundation, a solar light for the inside and some caulk dor the edges. Then I went over to Circus Circus Dollhouse to get some half scale doors and windows but she only had one door and no windows. Took the door and she ordered me windows. I also got something for the spring fling while I was there. ;) today ill try to get the house painted and glued together so I can seal it once the windows come in.

• Like 1

I'm planning a modern house. I'm starting with the RGT Firehouse kit and will be doing extensive kitbashing. I'm already collecting modern furniture and plan to make the living room set. Can't wait to get started!

• Like 1

I spent yesterday working on my outdoor dollhouse. I went to lowes and got some textured spray paint for the roof, a cement paver for the foundation, a solar light for the inside and some caulk dor the edges. Then I went over to Circus Circus Dollhouse to get some half scale doors and windows but she only had one door and no windows. Took the door and she ordered me windows. I also got something for the spring fling while I was there. ;) today ill try to get the house painted and glued together so I can seal it once the windows come in.

Jeff, I looked in your gallery but don't see any photos. We have a lighthouse kit waiting to be put together down in the basement, I'd love to see some photos of your progress and weathering techniques, especially the solar light feature, to use for inspiration. I'm hoping to get Lloyd interested in putting it together. He may have left the US Navy years ago, but the man is a sailor at heart -- and he has an obsession for solar lights. You should see the twinkle in our garden in the evening!.

Kathie,I have tons of solar lights in my flower beds also. I knew I had won my 24 yr. old over the other day when he asked me how many 'Fairy lights' did I want him to pick up if he ran across a sale on them at Walmart -that's what I call them,but never expected it to willingly come out of his mouth! :D

• Like 2

Jeff, I looked in your gallery but don't see any photos. We have a lighthouse kit waiting to be put together down in the basement, I'd love to see some photos of your progress and weathering techniques, especially the solar light feature, to use for inspiration. I'm hoping to get Lloyd interested in putting it together. He may have left the US Navy years ago, but the man is a sailor at heart -- and he has an obsession for solar lights. You should see the twinkle in our garden in the evening!.

I'm going pretty basic with this little kit. Just painting it.

I'll put up some pictures I promise. Right now the paint is drying.

• Like 1

Been too long since I've felt I had anything I could really update on here. In the last few weeks I came across what was evidently used as a display for porcelain dolls in a Goodwill here. For $2.99 I got a great little box that I've painted and am finishing papering, and am looking at making a chic little bakery in it. Was involved in a bakery swap in another group and will finally have a place to put the lovely items I received. In addition to finishing this up in the next few days I am also working on finishing up a Storybook Cottage. This is the first house I've gotten to use my homemade siding on, and I'm really liking how it looks so far! To be able to make my own shingles and siding is definitely going to save me oodles I think from what I would have otherwise been spending. Trying to clear up space for my new house to get here to work on so clearing out some other projects.

I'm making good progress on the rowhouse hallways. (Err, they're not hallways exactly, but rooms dominated by stairs... is there a name for that? Stair rooms?) I spent yesterday and today adding trim to the stairs. Funny how you can work on something for hours and have very little to show for it. (It doesn't help that the rooms I'm working on are virtually impossible to take good pictures of...)

Posted some details on my blog for the curious.

• Like 1

Emily,is the word stairwell? Your work is just amazing(Overused word,but not in this case!).Thanx for sharing with us! I'm so behind on any mini work-a broken washer (yuck) and my younger son visiting (yay!) have taken rightful priority. But with some requested advice from ilovecats on her stucco technique I hope to finally get moving! Adding a tiny dab of acrylic craft paint to the pink-to-white brand of spackle looks like it will work without messing up the texture. My younger boy put up a butterfly avatar for me and the older one promises to help me start a photo gallery 'soon'....We shall see.lol

I had to deal with the broken washer in May. DH has named the new one "The White Beast"; it weighs 250 lbs. dry & empty! but when it runs it's nearly silent and no matter how heavy the load (think queen-size comforter) it doesn't move.

• Like 2

I had to deal with the broken washer in May. DH has named the new one "The White Beast"; it weighs 250 lbs. dry & empty! but when it runs it's nearly silent and no matter how heavy the load (think queen-size comforter) it doesn't move.

Silent AND doesn't move! That's a great washer! :)

OOh,sounds nice,Holly!My little Roper demon -I mean angel-better be fixable,because there's no way to get a new one at this time.The only other time it acted like this-not spinning or draining-it was a tiny little stopped-up valve/tube.Being that no one I know is a handyman (or woman) and everyone's schedules are full,we won't have a repairman coming until Monday.But,hey,this is hurricane country:going without a washer for a few days is not that big of a deal.Of course,ask me again about it by Sunday night!haha!Meanwhile,back to my Ashley.

I'm making good progress on the rowhouse hallways. (Err, they're not hallways exactly, but rooms dominated by stairs... is there a name for that? Stair rooms?) I spent yesterday and today adding trim to the stairs. Funny how you can work on something for hours and have very little to show for it. (It doesn't help that the rooms I'm working on are virtually impossible to take good pictures of...)

Posted some details on my blog for the curious.

I know what you mean, Emily. I've been working every weekend on my micro house, painting, fitting, wallpapering - and I still don't see any real progress! Spent at least 30 minutes last night looking for my "invisible" piece of acrylic for the windows. I knew I had put it in a ziplock so it wouldn't get lost. Went through everything twice, then went through places it couldn't possible be in. Finally found it back in the first bin, right where it should have been - in a ziplock, but with another item so it could be seen :( duh!

• Like 1

I spent 4-5 hours over the past two days figuring out how to bash the front door for my rowhouse. Talk about a lot of time and nothing to show for it yet. :o But if I pull off what I'm trying to do, it's going to be pretty!

• Like 2