What's everyone working on?

Finally back to working on my Garfield House. I keep mentally punishing myself for not working on it for so long, and I am trying not to do that as that doesn't help my mood here lol. I am working on the double windows on first and second floor. those sections are removable, but the other windows will need to wait until I get the staircase door done and the living room and dining room carpet in because I have a feeling I may need to use the open windows to work through will have to study this more.

I think I found some velour to use for the living room, not sure if I will use that also has dining room carpet or not. Feeling ansy to get something really going on this house all the sudden, but wish I had thought about that those months I did nothing on it haha.

Am probably going to do something similar to what MaryKate describes there on the outside porch as laying planks when I already have the porch rails in is not a good idea

it is so imperfect but oh well......lol doing the best I can. Keep reminding myself it is a replica of an old house lol Will post more pics as I go along, even though they may be boring, it is kind of nice to have pics of a lot of the steps I went through. Kind of like a diary

Cheryl

Been a mixed bag this week. I had to upgrade my phone because my beloved was having battery issues and the battery replacement cost more than the free upgrade I was eligible for. I'm loving the new phone though and the technology has advanced so much on the camera portion, that I'm not sure I'll even need my point and shoot for minis anymore. I'll test that theory out over the next few days. I have a free weekend to mini :D Hooray!

I got a tutorial up on my blog for tree ornaments this week, part of a Christmas in July posting. Hey, gotta keep the blog alive somehow until I can reveal the fling build ;)

Cheryl, it might seem like being bogged down, but I find it helps to gently undo some things in order to go with what the house wants. April, your tutorial turns out really lovely ornaments.

• Like 1

I got side tracked this afternoon and started working on a photo/scrapbook album. I never made one before but I am just using whatever paper I have on hand.
I lost a couple of hours at this....lots of fun!
Have a very mini weekend! :wave:

I started working on a loom woven rug yesterday. It is going to take a while. One inch of rug is about a hundred rows. I'm using a beading loom, sewing thread for the warp and single strand crewel wool for the weft. So far, so good. You can see it on my blog. Poke "My blog changes daily" below my signature. It's the last two entries, if you are interested in how I am doing it.

• Like 2

I started working on a loom woven rug yesterday. It is going to take a while. One inch of rug is about a hundred rows. I'm using a beading loom, sewing thread for the warp and single strand crewel wool for the weft. So far, so good. You can see it on my blog. Poke "My blog changes daily" below my signature. It's the last two entries, if you are interested in how I am doing it.

I love your work, and blog!

LOL I guess I did INVEST the hours I spent on the scrapbook pages. If figure if I get one page a week done I am making good progress. :)

Haven't had time this weekend to work on anything but I did open some boxes for minis and had fun looking through them. Do you ever just take out your minis and look at them?

• Like 2

LOL I guess I did INVEST the hours I spent on the scrapbook pages. If figure if I get one page a week done I am making good progress. :)

Haven't had time this weekend to work on anything but I did open some boxes for minis and had fun looking through them. Do you ever just take out your minis and look at them?

I go through my boxes of mini's often. I usually hold something, dream about the house or store or scene it will go in.....then put it back in the box. I have a habit of setting furniture up in my unfinished doll house, but then have to take it back out so I can work. I have some long drawers with stuff I have saved, made or collected for my someday scenes. I open the drawer, play with them, then back they go. Sure will be glad to get this Garfield done so I can fill it up with stuff lol.......I am getting a good roll going on it, I am painting all the trim, all of it.......then labeling and bagging it so when I get ready to glue it on it is all ready. Going to do the french doors next.......

• Like 2

Today I got to show off my minis to my ailing dad who came over for a short visit. No real work on minis this week and next while we finish moving our offices. But getting a chance to see my dad's eyes light up when I showed him the half scale houses I've built and furniture (with working drawers!) made my day.

• Like 2

I forgot to say I have done three pages in my album so far........hurray for me......progress!!!

Has anyone ever made a mini scrapbook for their dollhouse?

Roxy, I made a scrapbook store for last year's spring fling and there are albums in it. I have been making 1/2" scale ones.They

are a challenge, but fun.

Gail :bear:

I've been working on the San Fran and the Pepperwood in tandem this week.... the weather has finally changed and was perfect for outdoor work! I've been staining, doing poly and some priming. Love it when I can work outside!

The San Fran got all of her wallpaper finished, with just one wall that will need some paint.

In my RL, it's been a busy couple of weeks- my daughter and S-I-L are in from the West coast, I had a birthday cake to do for last weekend and a baby shower cake to do for this weekend...and in the midst of all of this, my hubby had some outpatient surgery that turned into an overnight stay! Lost 2 days of work...grrr. He's back to work today. Thank goodness! LOL

Last nite I started the paint job on the San Fran stairs, and up next on the Pepperwood will be templating for wallpaper! :)

Roxy- scrapbooking is one of my other craft hobbies! I am trying to get these two houses done quickly so I can get to a scrapbook project that needs to be finished for a Christmas gift.

I werewondering if anyone tried something like this in mini:

Ie dressing a chair with a cover and decorated it perhaps like this with a föower and/or a bow. prefferably a no-sew version.... I want to try my hands doing gerberas (?) as well just for the fun of it, love those flowers ;)

I think I have a general,idea on how to make these full sized but wanted a simplified version so to speak for the mini...

Hugs (back to some more stitching)

• Like 1

For no-sew invest in some fabric glue and old men's white handkerchiefs. I don't throw out obsolete printouts, I use the back sides for making patterns. cut the paper into strips the width of your chair seat's front, that's usually the widest part, and lay the strips over the various chair parts and fold aroud them to get your pattern parts. You'll want a piece for the chair seat, one that goes around the front and the two sides, one that goes from the top of the chair back to the seat and one that goes from the top of the chair back to the floor. Figure how much fabric you'll need to press for seams and add that amount when you go tracing around your pattern pieces; don't forget to add for a hem at the bottom. Either cotton bias binding tape or ribbon will probably work for the ties, and glue the ends between the chair front and back pieces. I'd cut the ribbon pieces extra long for tying into a bow. Once you get the bows the sizes you want you can trim off the excess ends and spot glue them into place. Otherwise, just cut your ribbon/ tape the width of the chair back piece, glue the ends into the seam allowance, and glue your flower to the middle. I once saw a tutorial for gerberas using a 1/2" round hole punch. For each daisy punch out three or four circles from the color tissue paper of choice and with sharp small scissors clip around towards the center (I'd put a tiny drop of glue in the center of two or three of them and glue the little puppies together first. you can either knot a piece of dark yellow tapestry yarn and clip it and glue it for each flower's center or do what I would do and invest in some teensy little yellow pompoms and use those.

I spent my afternoon making 60 tiny labels for the drawers of a new table-top organizer I bought. I've been wanting one (or two) of these for ages so I could organize all the little bits I've collected. I'm finding that it's great for mini food, dishes and just about everything wee that you can think of. I emptied two drawers of goodies today and tomorrow I have three small boxes to go through to finish filling it up.

post-4992-0-04344900-1375501990_thumb.jp

• Like 4

I love these organizers and use a couple of them for my minis, and I have one that is filled with beading supplies. I use little zip lock bags that fit in the drawers to keep the tinier things separated and organized.