What's everyone working on?

I am supposed to immobilize my hand for 2 weeks. I finally have time to do the things I love, but also finally had time to go to the doctor about the pain I've been having in my hand since March. According to her, I'll keep re-injuring it if I don't immobilize it. I may be able to avoid surgery by giving it complete rest. That would be a GOOD thing.

Thank you all for your kind thoughts. Gloria,I have carpal tunnel in both wrists, but I apparently have a torn tendon/ganglion cyst between my index and middle finger at the base knuckle. It has been very painful for several months. I had xrays to make sure I don't also have osteoarthritis in that joint, but don't have the results yet. Hopefully it is just the injury/cyst and it will resolve itself with rest. Holly, I had already organized everything, but I am spending time reading and bookmarking projects I would like to do. It's really hard not to be playing my guitar.

Well Ouch. I feel for you Chris, and unfortunately I know the feeling well. Do what your doctor says and don't procrastinate like I did. Now my hands are 10 times worse then when this started and the numbness has extended to my forearms. I just hope they can fix it. Don't be stupid like me, I waited and waited to get to the doctor and now it's a major problem for me. Do what the doctor says :doctor:

• Like 2

Judith, sadly I waited 4 months. I was treating it like carpal tunnel which I also have and didn't have time to get to the doctor until this week once school was out. She seemed hopeful about a good recovery, though. I just need to discipline myself to really taking all of the time off she prescribed. 2 days down; 12 more to go.

Judith, sadly I waited 4 months. I was treating it like carpal tunnel which I also have and didn't have time to get to the doctor until this week once school was out. She seemed hopeful about a good recovery, though. I just need to discipline myself to really taking all of the time off she prescribed. 2 days down; 12 more to go.

Time to read, read, read!

This is one of the reasons I love my Kindle; I don't have to hold it with my hands, I can lean it on a pillow or against my knees and need only push a button to turn the pages. Saved me lots of pain!

• Like 2

Please listen to the doctors orders to rest your wrists. I know how it is, we don't want to stop doing our miniatures. But we need our fingers, hands,wrists and arm to do anything.When I was working, I waited too long, got bi-lateral tendinitis,had surgery and was in recovery for 3 months.You have all the support here. Good luck.

Gail :bear:

• Like 2

Have finally been fiddling with a few pics from the show in Farum/Denmark earlier in May, you'll find it in my gallery Mostly eye candy from the club's projects and a clothes designer

Hugs

• Like 1

Oh, Anna! THAT's a miniature show! Thank you for sharing.

I noticed a wee German flag with the glassware display; was the vendor from Germany? Looking at all those roomboxes from the Danish TV show reminded me of "Coronation Street", which I watched when we had our C-band dish set for digital and got BBC America(before lightning ate the whole system).

Hi Holly, it was indeed a great mini-show with lots and lots of eye candy as well as great vendors! The glass was made by Peter Böhm from Germany, he was making mini bottles whilst during the show as well, great talent and sooo interesting to see how he worked. I can see the likeness between the shows as well, it was sent over here in Sweden as well and very appreciated. The haute couture modells were created by Henry Ernst.

Hugs

received Pixie's mailbox and installed it...also have the furniture kits ready to start...tomorrow I am building 3 or 4 of them...a couple I am saving for Pixie to do with me

as well as all the painting and staining....

have been doing real house stuff to be completely ready for those grans when they get here....we will be busy busy busy...

started training for a new job...working from home for U-haul....so my mini work is on hold for the weekend..... this weekend...next weekend those kids be here!!!

and the fun begins...

:banana::bounce8::banana:

• Like 3

received Pixie's mailbox and installed it...also have the furniture kits ready to start...tomorrow I am building 3 or 4 of them...a couple I am saving for Pixie to do with me

as well as all the painting and staining....

have been doing real house stuff to be completely ready for those grans when they get here....we will be busy busy busy...

started training for a new job...working from home for U-haul....so my mini work is on hold for the weekend..... this weekend...next weekend those kids be here!!!

and the fun begins...

:banana::bounce8::banana:

Woohoo! Have fun with those Grands when they get there. What a joy!
  • Like 1

I have been organizing my library, and putting post its on projects I'd like to do when my hand is healed.

I did a little furniture rehab and have a question about the roof trim on the Arthur my aunt built. It's hard to type. The pic and question are up in today's blog if you want to stop by and give suggestions.

http://powellgirlz3.blogspot.com/2013/06/ive-been-able-to-get-few-things-done.html

Also, if you have any ideas about how to make my blog more interesting, I'd love suggestions. My niece and sister aren't chiming in on the blog, which was the intent. We are all new to this kind of venture.

I have been organizing my library, and putting post its on projects I'd like to do when my hand is healed.I did a little furniture rehab and have a question about the roof trim on the Arthur my aunt built. It's hard to type. The pic and question are up in today's blog if you want to stop by and give suggestions. http://powellgirlz3.blogspot.com/2013/06/ive-been-able-to-get-few-things-done.htmlAlso, if you have any ideas about how to make my blog more interesting, I'd love suggestions. My niece and sister aren't chiming in on the blog, which was the intent. We are all new to this kind of venture.

Chris~ I am so sorry for what you are experiencing. Been there, done that and will nurse carpal tunnel issues for life. No such thing as grin & bear it & do it. It's grin & bear it and DON'T do it :( Incredibly difficult.

I checked out your blog. Great start. I couldn't figure out how to post my comment and have found that since I do this from my phone that's probabky the issue. Sorry. I want to know why you aren't naming the Arthur the obvious? Aunt Erma's Cottage :)

The best of luck with your healing.

Morgan

• Like 3

I built my first Arthur pretty much by the picture, with the gingerbread trim; It's one of the few I used the roof trim; I probably won't do it for the LE Arthur (unless it BEGS). When I gave the first one to my DIL for her niece the first thing her nephew did was to grab the finials and lift the house by them. I glued them back on and vowed I'd never install the roof trim again' of course, the customer who got the Westville wanted ALL the trim, as on the box...

• Like 1

The first Arthur I built, I recall leaving the roof trim off and putting on a ridge cap. I like the teal (?) color with the white trim.

Yes to Aunt Erma's Cottage. That's a great name.

• Like 2

I had always planned to omit at least the top of the roof trim when I built an Arthur. Finding an opened, 32 year old kit with not one detail missing changed my mind. Now I am thinking the house deserves to keep all its pieces :)

There's a Westville on cl. I want it soooo bad :(

Trying my hand (literally ~ left hand and right thumb) at making food. Posted about it in my blog, but here's a little photo of my first attempt.

I decided to name the Arthur 'Chez Erma'; Erma's House would have been too plain for her. She was definitely a glam-girl!

post-6356-0-36429000-1370700155_thumb.jp

• Like 5