What are you up to today? This week?

heidiiiii

I officially hate daycare kids!!!!

Chelsea came home with a cold and she passed it on to me. I have another freaking cold! I just got over the last one and now I have another one!

I am drinking some Energ-C as we speak to ward it off but I think it is too late. I have to go to the store and pick up another pack of Dayquil. And tissues.

My body and head feel okay so I am going to continue on the Arthur until this stupid stupid thing hits me really hard.

Dr. appointments today for hubby and then I am dollhousin'! I have to make sure that I have something to work on while I am on vacation next week.....come on Sunday!!! DS arrived safely yesterday. He is asleep on the couch now. Boy it is good to see him. I gave him hugs and thank you's from the community here. He kinda blushed and said let them know I said 'you're welcome'. I think I caught him off guard. :lol:

I saw the moon, Heidi ... it was so beautiful seen through the bare branches of the oaks and walnut trees behind our house.

Not sure what I'm doing today. Most days seem to start this way, but somehow they get filled.

Yesterday was sooo nice. we left out of here right after it quit raining...we took the new bike with us to the bike shops...only one was open...but we ended up at a Wal-mart to find the hand grips,helmets and a tire. still need reflectors and Im real sure Dean is going to get one of those headlight system thingies...LOL...not that we will be riding at night but he does like his gadgets.

we went and saw Underworld...it was kind of romantic(not the movie)....since it was monday and this movie is almost out of the theaters we were all alone for a private veiwing...how often does that happen???

the movies was bloody and gorey....but what movie about vampires and lichen arent! Dean was happy!

no dinner out...we went to the mall for awhile to shop and he ate some Pizza while I was browsing....I do have to make the rounds...Ive turned into this Peace sign fanatic and am on the lookout for kewl looking ones to add to my growing collection...yesterday was a poster and a iron on patch

Heidi Im sorry about the non speaking family...it was harder when my gran was alive to be able to not be around those members who brought such bad karma into my life...

I am very happy to be at a place in my life that I can be ok with not having a relationship with people who are toxic to me and how I want to live...PEACEFUL!

very tired of drama.

although its liberating to not be tied emotionally to these toxic family members its also sad that it has to be this way.

But I got you and baby you got me! and we got the whole Greenleaf family! :lol:

while out and about yesterday..the HR guy called from my last job. and let me know it will be less than 2 weeks and Ill be back to work. :)

and I finally got my unemployment.

so for today all is well in the lower part of SWMO

nutti :jumping:

Congrats on the good news Lynette! Glad you are getting back to work! WooHoo!

I am on the hunt for Roald Dahl books. I found three at the used book store that I am going to be getting shortly. They are for Chelsea`s b-day. They found Charlie and Chocolate Factory and a couple others I had never heard before. I am still on the hunt for James and the giant peach, The Witches, and Matilda. Wish me luck!

My oldest son came up with his girlfriend for the weekend. She's nice, we had a pleasant time.

I woke with an aching back and hips today, probably because I was trying to compensate for my aching knees going up and down stairs. I twisted one knee somehow last week. I think I should try some of that stuff they're always touting on Tv for joint pain. My knees started feeling stiff a few months ago and I don't like it one bit.

I spent the afternoon in a comfortable postion sorting through over 1000 acumulated emails. DH was supposed to keep them in order, but he didn't do it. I still couldn't find the one I was looking for from one artisan, though. I guess it got deleted somehow, I know I didn't do it.

Oh, I also glued together the walls for a roombox.

Graz, it could be in part to the weather that is hurting you. Fred and I have been achy on and off for months now. I think it is the weird weather, meaning the barometric. So many storms that we have had up here this winter. It is like we can tell when it is coming. Hopefully the spring (and our warmer temps this week) will give you some relief.

I picked up a new cookbook yesterday when I was getting the books for Chelsea. $7 bought me the Moosewood restaurant classics. I have been eyeballing their books at Borders but never wanted to pay the price. I am going to sit down and read it cover to cover. They serve all matters of food including things that Chelsea can eat.

I made an appointment for Chelsea on Saturday morning. I told the owner of the hair school that is was for her birthday. She does not know it but she is getting the works. Color, cut, eyebrows, and finishing (hair straightening). Going to the school is so much cheaper then the hairdresser. Plus you have the assurance that it will be done right. Those students have to have the teachers check every step before they can go to the next. We have had no complaints since we started going there. You cant beat a $10 haircut and a $5 eyebrow wax!

She is going out with Chris on her birthday so I do not have to do dinner. Just bake her cake.

I am going to figure out how to do a pattern on the porch floor of the Arthur today..Wish me luck!

I'm here, just not doing much. I will have to go to the doctor about this bp med. I just feel drained every since I started taking it. I did finish the plaster on the dh attic, but had to sit down and rest about halfway through. And yesterday during my conference period I had to do the same, to make it through the rest of the school day! That's just not normal for me-I never just sit!

I am not sure what today will bring

right now it is raining...as it has been all night.

will the temps drop and turn it all to ice? I hope NOT.

not planning on venturing further than Wally world to get my prescription.

get a few groceries and come home and do something....as I have done nothing in such a long time Im not sure what my something will be.

perhaps since its been such a long time since I did any work I should reorganize and see what of my supplies I need to get more of. I know I need some stain

and I need a clean work space...LOL...I clean it off and they pile it up.right now the tandem bike is upside down in the work area...after getting new tires for the thing DH discovers he needs at least one new wheel...the one on the back is just to far gone... he is hoping the front tire will last us awhile

so we are enjoying looking at it and thinking about all the fun we will be having on it in just a short time.

Holly what are the pros and cons of riding gloves?

next week I am going to put an order in for some paperclay...I have 4 projects in my head and work area that are screaming for paperclay. after seeing Wendy's Brookwood and the paperclay fireplace in hers I am inspired to play with it again.

I hope everyone has a great day!

nutti ;)

We're enjoying the other side of nutti's rainstorm. What a gray and dreary morning. :lol: We're off to Columbia today to have the car's 90k tune-up and a tail light lens replaced. Lloyd backed into something yesterday. We already had the appointment, so the timing was good, anyway. ;)

I discovered there is a Harbor Freight in Columbia, so guess where we're going. So many members have found wonderful stuff there that I'm eager to walk the aisles for myself. :banana:

Since our car is registered in my name, I have to go renew the plates today. Our van is in DH's name.

Already did a few rows of mini-knitting this morning after the kids went to school. Not quite sure what I want to do next - maybe furniture, or dolls clothes, or paperclay. Mini-ing for sure at least part of the day!

Sort of sitting back with feet up after afull day of school hours, we had "open house" today, ie in parents visiting while showing what we have been working with etc etc, a very nice ambience yet still a lot of work involved so am happy that that is done now. Have also started the "packing" check.... Mostly done so to speak, need to iron a few shirts and pack properly...

Hugs

Brrrr, it is cold tonight!

This morning on my way to work I passed a pickup on it's roof. It must have happened overnight because it was just coned off and there wasn't any business around it. There were no marks on the road or hedge/grass/wall either side, so must have slipped on ice. Scary. Driving carefully I am! Hope the occupant/s were ok.

I've decided not to electrify the Willow and so can now glue floors down. Means I'm finishing off the building/decorating of the rooms. Still need plenty of accessories and cushions though!

Planning on putting in the bay window on the Laurel and perhaps the remaining windows. Still haven't come up with a plan for the interior. Bub is being silent about what he wants for his room. He said he just wants his own room. I am thinking about staining the wall on the Primrose that gets attached to the main house. It is going to be the kitchen and the wood has some really nice grain that I would like to show off. I have a wonderful swinging door for it too. I have posted some info on the Laurel on my blog if anyone wants to find out more.

We're back from Columbia. Harbor Freight had a 4" circular saw on display but none in stock to sell. The manager said there are none in their main warehouse but maybe they'll receive some next week or sometime during our natural lifetime. That didn't sound too encouraging. Harbor Freight did have a nifty set of tweezers with an attached magnifying glass that I scooped up.

I got some hollow clear glass beads at Michael's that may do for pendant lights in the White Orchid. Also a battery operated light set with 50 12" fibre optic filaments. Not sure how it will be used, but the White Orchid again comes to mind. I'm determined to have light in it but not wire it. Why do I set these challenges for myself? :p

As for Hobby Lobby, yet again the pitifully small area dedicated to minatures was walled in with boxes from the stockroom, none of which were likely to contain any mini stuff, I'm sure. We walked in, saw the mess, and walked out.

It is a dull and dreary day here. I'm fighting a strong urge to take a nap. Not fighting very hard, though.

Just another day at school. I haven't done any minis since Sunday, just too tired. This is the worst part of the school year as we are getting ready for state testing and everyone is on edge.

But DS and his family are going to see her parents this weekend, so maybe I can get some play time in! I want to trim the attic and touch up the paint on the stucco, maybe get the trim in the kitchen too!

Oy! I have such a headache. When will this day end? The headache is two fold. One it is because of the weather. We have had a wind whipping sort of a day today. Then it just started downhill from there. I had to deal with live advisors on the phone to fix a problem with Fred`s cell phone. I had to go take it back to the store to exchange it. I rented a carpet cleaner and Fred did the downstairs but I think he thinks I am going to do the WHOLE upstairs???? Ummm. We will see.

Then I get the electricity bill. $200 for one month! Got to thank the electric company for that. They have been raising our rates steadily. Then I got a mistake on my cable bill that I have to work with them on tomorrow.

Chelsea` s friend came over to go to work with her today..She is going to teach the kids songs to play with instruments. So I had to go downtown to pick her up at the train station. So of course I could not just flop on the couch with a stranger in the house.

I tried to get some painting of the Arthur porch in also. And I forgot to eat! I just ate a little while ago. I know I know, headache because of that. But is a combo of the entire day.

Exhausted is not the word for what I am feeling. I still have to do the carpets upstairs! I have to. The machine has to go back tomorrow and Fred does not get off of work until 11pm tonite. Oh yeah. I have to pick him up at work too.

Anybody want to deal with the cable company for me tomorrow?? Anyone? Please!