What are you up to today? This week?

heidiiiii

yes mother's dearest!

we of course know you are right but in our defense we did so wanted to give it a go.just to see if we could. :thumb:

we went looking tonight....Walmart had NOTHING

so Monday is his Birthday and we are going to Joplin and go to the 2 bike shops we know of there and to Target...thats where our super dooper seats are from! I love this bike...its very vintage...totally perfect for us....picked out some riding shirts on e-bay(didnt buy)...gotta match... :lol:

and Dean is going to take it apart sand it down and give it a new coat of paint in any color than red or green....I would LOVE a dark purple bike...Im sure it will be dark blue or BLACK(boring)

already it starts! :wave:

Do you think it is over the limit if I put streamers in the handle bars?? :whistle:

I like having projects....Ive been very unproject for a long time....I just cant find any time.

so MUCH to do that I can do again that I didnt know I missed!

I just love it when a plan comes together

update on nephew...still in hospital...they have taken the drain out but he continues to have fluid around the heart...he is still in PICU I want to go see him...he is my first nephew...my sister became an aunt at 14 but I didnt become one till I was 29.

I think Ill call his dad and see what I should do.

update on eldest son....called today to let me know he is in the states...he is having is getting out of service stuff done and will be home sometime around the 20th...gotta get moving on his apartment monday!

Im gonna be busy....I hope the bad weather they are talking about stays just that...talk.

nutti :wave:

Do you think it is over the limit if I put streamers in the handle bars??
You're asking this from someone with fuzzy dice hanging from my rearview mirror and a guy hula-dancer on my dashboard...; oh, and the bell on the 'Dale has a floating eyeball! DO urge Dean to paint the bike PURPLE! Even better, if he can do it, paint it purple and then paint FLAMES in another color!

There's a craftshow supposed to be going on in Havana today and DH wants to go out for breakfast buffet & make it a "day". Since "downtown" Havana is only two blocks square I don't expect that to last very long. At the last one I ran into one of my friends selling homemade jams & jellies, and I hope whe's there again, her mayhaw jelly is the BEST! and I'm hoping she tried the kudzu jelly like DH's cousin puts up. (I have lousy luck with jelly, and we won't go there...)

Hopefully I can finish up the TT this weekend and start on the White Orchid next; the little people who want to live in it are growing restive...

We sure never let our sons or grands ride without them. My AF son used to ride in a lot of rallys. He and his family and bike flew to Austin every year to ride in Armstrong's Race for the Roses. It was always fun, and I sure never saw any of them without a helmet!

I used to ride every day, I rode 3 miles a day until I was 7 months pregnant with my youngest and that was the easiest delivery! Up and in the waiting room visiting within an hour after he was born. I love riding, but don't even have a bike anymore, no idea what happened to the last one.

I just put the MoM article to bed this morning so I am feeling good today. I want to straighten up the diningroom next so that I can wallpaper the kitchen in the Arthur and then start working on the flooring. Other then that, I have no idea what I am going to do today. It is starting to warm up a bit so that is a plus.

I bought some seeds for the veggie garden yesterday. Cherry Belle and French radishes, Pole and bush beans, and artichokes. The artichoke seeds are a product of Italy. The instructions are in english and italian..LOL I will put them in a seperate,smaller bed that I have in the yard. If they grow, Great! If they do not, at least I tried. The other plants I will get at the nursery. I found a place that sells the heirloom tomatoes and eggplants. They do not charge an arm and a leg for them either.

Been going through the wardrobe checking out the clothes for the trip as well as sneaking in some mini-ing in between chores, I have this system... One "must do" thing and then one fun thing, then back to the must do's etc etc, makes things go by so much easier as well as awaiting glue and paint to dry. Especially since the glue being dry is sort of essential in the next step as I need it to hold without giving way... Lots of fun :wave:

Hugs

You've had all night, where are the pictures?

I made an apron last night to hang in my pantry room box. But the glue said to wait 24 hours before washing, so tonite I will wet it and pin it in the way I want it to hang. This is the first time I've tried doing this. Do you just dampen it, or spray it with starch before pinning?

Hey Sherry, How did the housecleaning go yesterday? I was thinking of you when I was cleaning my kitchen and diningroom.

I tossed alot of stuff yesterday. Nothing that could be freecycled. Just papers and such. I think the warmer weather is making me feel Spring Cleaning-like.

I have to do Fred`s friend`s taxes today. He has no clue. I told him he could do it all online but I think he is scared to do it. He will sit here with me as we go line by line on each return (state and federal) so that he can do it all himself next year. His ex used to do it. I hope he remembers to bring his taxes from last year..you need to know last years AGI to e-file. I am excepting no money for this. He is going to buy me a coffee at Dunkin Donuts as my payment..LOL

I am almost done with the interior wallpapering of the Arthur. I was doing it and got an offer to go for a ride with my buddy. She had to drive to another part of the state to pick up a birthday cake for a mutual friend of ours. They bowl every Saturday and they were going to have a cake for her 41st.

LubbockTx...The place is on Main Street in Jewett City (past Lisbon on I-395). It is called Arremony`s Bakery. OMG! I bought 2 eclairs and 2 cream puffs to bring home. Fred and I shared an eclair and it was heaven. The cake was huge and it only cost $17.

So after I get some things done around here before he comes, I am going to finish that wallpaper, take pics, and then work on the exterior.

I didn't get too much done, actually. I was going to go to Sam's and pick up some things. But I made a wrong turn somehow and ended up in the industrial district. When I saw Slide Rd, which was familiar to me, I turned on it and went to Hobby Lobby instead! So DH took me out there to shop later. By afternoon, my nerves were totally shot and I went to Michaels to look for flooring for my dh, which took about an hour of browsing! Finally went to bed about 8 with a roaring sinus headache. So not too much got done and will have to be done today! This can't go on, a whole lot longer. DIL has 2 job interviews this week, keep your fingers crossed! Then even if she's not doing anything at home, she's not laying around getting on my nerve! (and yes, its 'nerve'-I only have one left!)

I is getting ready to pick up my new home, so want to be dressed appropriately! And beautifully made up to see our friends - they also have cabin fever.........so it will be a merry luncheon with much squealing between Dorothy and I, and "guy talk" between Doug and Lee. These people are so funny, and slowly, ever so slowly, Dorothy is being pulled into the mini world. She sometimes finds things for me at her local garage sales and yard sales. Woo Hoo am I exzcited? YES!

These people are so funny, and slowly, ever so slowly, Dorothy is being pulled into the mini world. She sometimes finds things for me at her local garage sales and yard sales. Woo Hoo am I exzcited? YES!

Sort of like fishing. Slowly take the bait and then start reeling them in. lol

You've had all night, where are the pictures?

Patience, Sherry. Holly doesn't do digital.

I made an apron last night to hang in my pantry room box. But the glue said to wait 24 hours before washing, so tonite I will wet it and pin it in the way I want it to hang. This is the first time I've tried doing this. Do you just dampen it, or spray it with starch before pinning?

I use hairspray to form fabric. It doesn't soften the fabric the way water does, although it does soak in and virtually disappears. You don't need to wait for the glue to cure. Spray starch coats the fabric. I don't like it as well.

Thanks for the cream puff! It looks great on the bedroom wall.

I'm plastering the attic walls. Sheesh, talk about standing on your head to get up inside the gable! I'll have to use a flashlite to see up in there to finish. I used kleenex on the pantry walls but tried gift tissue on this one. I think I like the look better, but it sure does take a lot. I got two full sheets out of the leftover Christmas wrap and it will probably take it all. Don't ask for photos yet! I will go back with a mixture of paints and age the plaster when I'm done with it, then add baseboards, and try to decorate the linoleum a little. It occurred to me that all my spray paint is in the window box, and son's computer is on the lid-so it may be a while before the floor is finished!

I have been plugging away at finishing the rest of the basement. I took a break from framing windows to make a cart for my kits. Right now many of them are standing on end and I want to store them flat, but not on the floor. This cart rolls under the desk into a blind corner (like where you would put a lazy susan cabinet) I plan on making a much smaller one for little kits as well. Great use for scrap wood.

Lol! It DOES look like a cart for the cats doesn't it? And the black kitten does stand up on his hind legs a lot. Alas, the only thing flat with them are the bushes around the cloud house.

I can't believe how big the babies look in the picture. They are less than 6 months old. Only the white one is mine. I am kitten sitting for my daughter for a few weeks while she resolves an issue with another of her cats. These two get along great.

Chelsea turns 20 on Sunday. She told me that she wants me to pay for her to get her hair done for her birthday present. Color and cut. I want to take Natalie out this week to get her something nice but I have no clue. Her tastes and wants change with the weather.

I am going to go through some recipes to find THE perfect vegan birthday cake for her. I do not know if we are eating in or if she wants to go out to dinner.

I do not even know if she is going out with Chris or not. I will have to ask her later on. My baby is going to be a full fledged adult. No longer a teenager. The funny part (that she pointed out) was that I was 20 when I had her. Only a month into it and I was her Mommy.

I polyed the Arthur yesterday and did the stained glass window. I have not looked at the window yet so I have no idea how it really turned out. I am going to work on the exterior underneath the porch today.

It was Soooo beautiful and warm yesterday. I think it actually went up into the 60s. Most of the snow is melted away. Today it is going to be in the 40s. Not as warm but warmer then usual.

Today is Dean's Birthday and we are going out for the whole day.

first on our list to do is to take the new bike to the 2 bike shops in Joplin and get the things for it we know it needs...hand grips,bike helmets,new chain guard and water bottle holders....reflectors

since the previous owners just let the kids toodle around on it ...it needs some TLC

than we will go out for dinner and a free movie....

kid had free tickets and she and I went to see curious case of Benjamin Buttons

and it stopped twice at the beginning which caused the advertisements to come on during the last 15 mins of our movie...I complained and got 2 free tickets.

so Dean and I will use them today on the new UnderWorld movie!

gotta love vampires and werewolfs...LOL

not making a cake for him...he is not a sweet eater and we(catriona & I) do NOT need it around the house.

she is home sick today...sinus,sore throat,body aches

nephew is to be released today....the doctor still does not know why a normal 15 yr olds heart had so much fluid around it...samples of the fluid have been sent off for testing. yesterdays echo showed a small amount of fluid still there but the doctor hopes it will be all gone today.

also told us so far the heart doesnt seem to show any damage.

I did go see him yesterday..along with my sister...and after not seeing her for almost 2 yrs all she had to say to me was...."you always said how much like mom I looked...now you look more like her than I do" wasnt said mean but that was all she said to me in 3 hours...so unless dying is going on...I dont plan on any more excursions into her world...the neice and nephews can come here to see me.

wouldnt it be nice if familiy members would treat each other like they would treat strangers off the street???

oh well I knew what I was in for when I decided to go...at least we had no scene...of which I was thankful for...for the nephew.

have a great day yall!

nutti :(

so unless dying is going on...I dont plan on any more excursions into her world...the neice and nephews can come here to see me.

wouldnt it be nice if familiy members would treat each other like they would treat strangers off the street???

have a great day yall!

nutti :(

Lynette, I do not talk to any of my siblings. My two brothers for whatever reasons never really talked to me and now that my mother is gone, that trend continues. I think it is because of the age difference. They were in 20s and teens when I was born. My sister is a pia and I burned that bridge a long time ago. Sometimes you have to make your family with the friends you have around you.

Happy Birthday Dean!

My DGM used to say it was too bad you couldn't choose your family the way you coan choose your friends, which is why I have such a huge "adopted" familly...

I finished the 'Travel Trailer, now a little straightening and get ready to start the White Orchid when we get back; we're leaving later this week for our first road trip of 1009, going to a paddling weekend with the GA canoe clup out in the FL Panhandle, hopefully find time to meet up with Martha from the Forum and spend the rest of the week finding places to paddle & ride the tandem.

Packed away the last of the Christmas stuff. Yes I know I am way behind! Got the order from SDKmin of the 1/4th scale furniture I need for my daughter's Washington Square dh. Goodness but they are tiny. I hope my hands can put them together! Have a bunch of other housework I need to get caught up with but I think I am starting another cold. Will do what I can before I crash.