What are you up to today? This week?

heidiiiii

Question: shall i post things about my ages away wedding in this thread, or think i should start a new thread?

Yes, please start a new thread so your welcome updates won't be lost in this one.

The dress is beautiful ... I hope you find one like it but with the changes you'd like. Have fun shopping! :cheer:

Gayle,

I feel for you. I am in the thick of teenagery garbage myself with Natalie. Some days I want to shove her in the closet and make her stay there till she grows up! ((((Big Hugs)))) from one Mom of a teenager to another.

Muriel,

LOOOOVEEE that dress. I will enjoy reading all about your preparations also.

I am going to work on the Arthur some more today. I am avoiding the shingling..hahaha. I bought some different paper for the livingroom area and I want to do that instead.

I have to make the salad for tomorrow today..it is a make ahead thing. I also think I will make the meatballs today also (not cook, just roll) so I wont have to do that in the morning.

Fred or I will have to go out early on Sunday to pick up the italian bread at the bakery. Fred handed me some money from his friend to pay for the meal. Score! I wasnt even expecting to recoup the cash for the dinner but I did. It will probably end up in the gas tank anyway.

Chris is coming today. He is volunteering with Chelsea downtown for a youth art thingy. Then they are going to go to the Book Barn (used book place) because he has never been. I will be able to give him a HBS catalog to give to his parents for Ruby`s dh.

Muriel, please start a thread that you can add to. That dress is gorgeous. Be careful of a corset if you are short. Too much going on. A busy 'middle' will make you look shorter. How about no train on the dress and a cathedral length veil that is removable after the ceremony? Be sure to take someone dress shopping with you who will be honest about how it looks on you and not just try to make you happy. We looked for months for the perfect dress. A dozen stores or more and it was worth it.

I finished priming the interior of the TT and spackling the outside. I don't want to try sanding the spackle until tomorrow, to get it good & dry. I paused some other projects to stitch up the bed pillows.

Nice to catch up on what everyone is up to. Muriel congratulations on your engagement!! This week we had ice and snow so kids were out of school from Tuesday through Thursday. Then on Friday when they were able to go back my little one was sick. She is still running a fever and just keeps moaning like she is miserable. I have been working like crazy on my Willowcrest this week. I brought it down from my workroom into the kitchen so I could be with my daughter and still get something done. I have not taken any pictures yet but I will try to get some soon. So this has been what is keeping me busy and why I have not been on in awhile!

The spackle was dry enough last night that I was able to make an incredible mess sanding it, and I have begun to paint the outside. I also got half the interior bathroom ceiling painted and the rest of the bedroom finished, the interior window frame's in the bedroom. I made bed pillows yesterday, too.

I started another mini afghan, if I have to frog it one more time I'll have to dig out my magnifying visor.

I found a neat recipe on line for lambshanks, I subbed sour orange juice for the semon slices and craisins for the apple chunks and OMG were they GOOD! I roasted redskinned potatoes and petit English peas and cashews to have with them.

Holly, that recipe sounds grand. I have lots of lamb in the freezer in the garage I need to pull from cold storage. We still have no working oven, so recipes are limited to the grill or stove top for us. I was thinking about doing 'Persian meatballs' (a friend's recipe, but not sure where I've put it, now that I think of it) after grinding some of it.

I'm going to a garage sale this afternoon put together by the family of a mini club member who died awhile back. I don't have much money to work with this month, but will see what I can find. I need more colonial era stuff for the two room boxes I've still working on.

Then our cross the street neighbors are having their usual SB party. I'll go over and lay my bets, but I really enjoy coming back home early to have some quiet time for needlework and minis while the guys are still over there. I've almost finished knitting a baby bonnet for a coworker's granddaughter (due in May).

Let me see, where do I start?

Oh yes, we will start with the car. The car would not start yesterday. I reamed Fred up oneside and down the other about it. We have had an inkling that the starter was going on it. First we thought it was the belts that we had fixed late last year but now it is definitely the starter.

I was telling Fred that I would smell something everytime I started the car in the morning. He looked at me like I was nuts. Okay....

So I kept telling him to take it to his mechanic friend to check it out. At least see what it is, so that we know until payday this week. This was Friday morning. He never took it. So it would not start yesterday.

After I gave him the *what for* for not doing the car thing, he went to the mechanic. Battery slowly died. That is what I was smelling.( HAHAHA told you!) The cold weather killed it. So he was able to get a new one free because it was under a year old. But we still think the starter needs to be replaced so that will be looked at on Monday and fixed. I will nag until this happens.

Then I do our taxes. I inadvertently put in 2006 AGI instead of 2007. So I have to fix it. But I cannot find last years returns! I have had to pull them out a few times this past year for stuff and now I do not know where they are. I have never done this. I guess I will be making a call to the IRS tomorrow.

Isnt life grand?

My son, J-F, went to his first hockey game (since he came out of the hospital) yesterday, and everything went fine. He is just finishing up a hockey practice, so I have to wait until he gets home to find out how that went.

As for me, I am in a crappy mood. It started last night. Either everything that has been going on lately is catching up with me, or I am hormonal, or both. I have very little patience right now, am easily frustrated, and starting to get irritated that DH has no time to spend on my glencroft-bash. I know, the house was put aside because of the hospital, then this weekend it is because of hockey and the superbowl, then next weekend J-F has a tournament out of town, so my poor house has to wait because there are just some things it needs that I simply cannot do. Guess if I get frustrated enough this week I will TRY and do it myself. I get to the point when I just don't like waiting! In the meantime, I have the family of 5 in the process of being made, some furniture on the go, almost all the curtains made, ... so it is not as if I have been sitting around doing no mini-ing.

Today I think I will try to stay calm and work on my mini knitting, since I am starting to get the hang of it. Also have to fold up several loads of clean laundry that have been hanging around while all this hospital stuff was going on.

Call off the hounds! I found the big blue folder with last year`s taxes in it. Phew!

Now I will put them back where they belong.

I forgot. Today is Sunday! Sunday! Sunday!

I have to start the sauce here soon. I am glad that the game does not start until 6pm. That gives me some time to work on it.

Liza, what is it on the Glencroft that needs to be done that you think your DH must do? I'll bet folks here could walk you through it. Doing something like that can be very liberating!

I'm waiting for the styrene tubes to get here. I think they will be important in lighting the White Orchid. Meanwhile, I think I'll finish up the oven wall, then work on the cuckoo and/or the furniture, since the house is waiting for wiring.

Lloyd is still experiencing the vertigo, so I don't like to be downstairs for long periods of time while he's upstairs. He hasn't fallen yet, but it concerns me.

There's nothing a man can do, that you can't do yourself. I found that out almost immediately when we got married. He was a coach, so he was always gone! Until this year, he never hung a curtain rod, picture, painted a wall. I learned how to do everything or it would not have gotten done.

Further, when you do it yourself, it gets done the way you want it! About the only thing I get him to do is the big circular saw. I guess I've watched too many horror movies where the maniac cuts people up with the saw...

today is Super Bowl....ggooo teams

LOL

I am going shopping today...we have a small store here in town that carries store returns and today they are having a 75% off sale...they carry lots of bedding so mom and I are looking for some for the KID...because he is coming home!!!!

on Feb 22 he will be home for the next step in his life

he ended his tour of duty with a trip to Egypt,Paris and Barcelona...he is officially out of service tomorrow...but wont be home till the 22nd

Im soo excited. we(mom & I) are trying to have him all set up in his own place before he gets home.

we have enlisted the entire extended family so he wont have to spend any real money for furniture and stuff coz we all know how much "stuff" cost!

I have 5 yrs of Birthdays and Christmas gifts to make up for.

is very difficult to purchase gifts for someone who has all their needs supplied and can buy the things he wants...and as he is one of those techno guys its best not to buy unless he tells you what to buy and how fun is that??? :p

and than I have cheeseball and chili to make for tonights festivities.

Im SOOO glad its a sunshine day...temps in the 60's today...so a good day to clean out the van and give it a good wash.

Have a great day yall!

nutti :)

I know how excited you must all be! I can't wait until my son comes home.

It's funny the things he asks for in his care packages..peach tea straws, a Texas flag to hang over his bed, more sleep shorts. We have sent dominoes, playing cards, and lots of books to share with the others, trail mix, hand cream. And a certain brand of fried pies sold only in the Texas panhandle that he loves. Those are the things that go in the bubble wrap!

Enjoy having him home, nutti! I envy you.

I know that I can do a lot on my glencroft-bash myself, but the things I need him to do involve making some new pieces using the table saw and the mitre saw. Those tools and I do not have a good relationship, so it is in everyone's best interest if I stay away from them most of the time and keep all my fingers!