What are you up to today? This week?

heidiiiii

This morning Lloyd declared himself free of the dizzies and drove himself to class. (It's all of a mile, on the residential street we live on, 25-mph limit, so I'm not really concerned about safety, his or others'.) This means I have the day to myself. Am sitting here with a cup of coffee realizing that total freedom without structure can be either very liberating or very confusing! :jawdrop: I have no clue how the day will play out.

hmmm where to start?

well yesterday my son finally made it official with the mother of his children and bought her an engagement ring and they set the date....so now I get to plan a wedding...anyone who knows me knows that I am more than excited...I love planning events like parties and such

we only have a couple of months...its all the time I could get from them. they wanted to do it as soon as Jevin gets home but I was able to get 2 months from them...April 20th

wish me luck...we had a major wedding planning session last night...and me without paper or pen(their house)Ive got colors,dress style,wedding cake desires,venues to start with.

anyone have a wedding checklist?

I have never planed a wedding all by myself...I have helped my mom and sister plan 2 of hers

Dean and I went to our pastor and he married us after services we went to dinner and to work the next day.

after getting home I got on e-bay to look for cake toppers as she does not want no peoples on top of her cake.

and than since I was browsing I got on craigslist and found a TANDEM bike for 75$

I have sent 2 e-mails about it...it was just listed yesterday so I hope it hasnt sold yet and they call me ASAP! HOLLY I am more than excited about this!! :jawdrop:

its so nice when life balances itself out....with the bad comes good. I just hope for less drama daily.

so good to read Loyd is feeling better now!

its still bitter cold here so everyone stay warm!

nutti :blink:

Congratulations Lynette.

Got the phone mess straightened out. VM is sending a replacement that should be here tomorrow.

I found a t-shirt for Perla that is not going over well with Natalie. The t-shirt is pink and it says Favorite Child..LOL Chels said that Perl was not the favorite child...MonsterFace is the favorite. LOL

:thumb: :banana::banana:

a bicycle built for 2!

so I will be going and getting my new bike tomorrow morning!

I am sooo excited!

its red and an older huffy with knobby tires...whatever that means

its ride able as is!

I can hardly contain myself! if I didnt need DH to take the van seat out of the van and load the thing I would go and get it tonight.

Im just impatient!

off to the store to get my protein bars and shake mix.

Im out and I have had no significant protein today....bad me.

Im worried about my nephew...he is 15 and in the hospital...it started with flu like symptoms ending with LOTS of fluid in the sac around the heart. he had the procedure to drain the fluid and a drain put in but the doctors are not happy with the amount of fluid still there.

I wish I could go but family situation as it is Im lucky to know he is in the hospital at all.

he knows I love him and I told my mom to thump his noggin for me. it just couldnt be the flu?

always has to be something complicated...nice to see the next generation keeping with this tradition! :doh:

after the store Im going to put my work area back together and put my little coventry cottage on it and refresh the paint job and clean it up for a friend who came by to see me today.

she has a 4 yr old grandaughter also.

nutti :wave:

We went to Wally World for the Great Value snack items we can't find elsewhere and their US$20 & $10 Kid Connection playsets were marked 'way down, so we got a log building set and a foam-block castle building set for out Toys for Tots stash. Then we went to the grocery store and in the checkout line we got to chatting with the lady ahead of us; she lives across the street from our neighbors on the right, and today is the first time we've met her in the almost 18 years we've lived here!lolololl

I have spackled the benchseats for the Travel Trailer and began priming them & the table, I have made the cushioned seats & backs for them & the glue is drying on the upholstery. I took an "in progress" picture. I got the tow-tongue, steps & jackstands painted & glued on yesterday, and half-hinged the awning; I'll have to make room to flip the TT on its side to glue the other half of the hinge to the window opening. I still have to glue knobs on all the doors and scare up the dolls who will live there (a set of Kim Possibles I found a few years back on close-out). I'm here to tell anyone who hasn't built this kit, it's EASY!

I'm off to make oatmeal-raisin muffins to have with supper.

FYI, this is what a tandem bicycle looks like (I'm the one in back):

gallery_8_1986_60326.jpg

and this is a tandem kayak (I'm in front this time; we no longer have this boat, DH traded it for a tandem canoe; same idea, different shape boat):

gallery_8_1986_34968.jpg

Great pics Holly. WooHoo..look at those legs.

I had to drive Chelsea out to East-you-know-where for a meeting about the 2nd annual art festival she was a part of last year. Thankfully she is getting a ride home.

Nat and I are being good girls tonite. We each are having a piece of pizza and sharing a very large garden salad. The rest of the pizza is going in the oven for when Fred gets home.

Tomorrow I have my Friday errands. I am going to get the first grocery card for his MIL and mail it out in the morning with some of the grocery store bags. She should get it by Monday.

What great pictures of the pedalin' & paddlin' P_____s! :thumb:

I managed to do nothing more than walk up to the square to pick up a prescription, do a little window shopping, and stop for an ice cream cone. The styrene tubing arrived as did some books that Lloyd ordered. NJ asked if I want to do a girls' day out tomorrow. She heard of a place south of here that has great quilt batting. Hey, I'm game for a change of pace. We'll go through Cole Camp, a quaint German town with some neat shops and restaurants. It's supposed to be a beautiful day here, in the low 60s. Maybe I'll find some nifty mini things in the shops.

Holly the bicycle looks so fun! I have not rode on those since I was a teenager. We could rent them and ride on trails by the river. I do not even know if they still do that. Well my week has been BLAH! Last week school was out because we had an ice storm than just when they could go back to school my daughter got sick. :banana: I took her to the doctor and they thought she had the flu but the little nose test came back negative. She has all the same symptoms as the flu so I wonder how acurate the test was. She has been home all week and is driving me to drink! I feel bad for her but I can only stand so long of being stuck in the house listening to cartoons and waiting on her hand and foot. I must sound like a horrible mom right now just needed to the one whining for a moment :thumb:

WooHoo..look at those legs.
This was our second day of 33+ mile ride at last year's Georgia tandem Rally, which was held in Albany. This year's will be in Athens, but there are other events we want to attend, and one I want to try again (now that I have a pacemaker) will be the nine-day, 100+ mile Panhandle Trace Hike that starts at the AL state line between Okaloosa & Santa Rosa Counties in FL, goes South through Eglin AFB to Navarre, FL, and over the bridge to Navarre Beach, then hang a right and head on out to Ft Pickens. I just wish the butt & gut & points North would firm up like the legs! :thumb:

Nutti, you & Dean will have SO much fun!

Whoohoo, more snow!!! :blink: I get to go to the local branch again. It is very windy too, so in our courtyard parking area it is crazily swirling around. With the strong wind and i think wetter snow, it isn't a nice day to be outside to build snowmen. And I've got study time too, so i'll come home early and do it here. Yay! ^_^

TGIF! I am happy because it is going to warm up considerably this weekend. My skin will be happy. It is like parchment paper if I do not keep on the moisturizer. I will be leaving here in a bit to run my errands.

Nat is a good kid. She wanted to go to this concert with her friend. The ticket is like $25, Nat was going to pay half from stash. Well, the girl cannot go because she does not have the money for the ticket. Yesterday was her birthday. So Nat asked me if I would pay half on the one ticket for her friend as a birthday gift. Nat said I do not have to buy her a ticket at all. She is thinking of someone else for a change!

This girl`s family has had a rough time of it. I am going to go to ticketmaster today and buy it for her to put in a card. I have known her for 2 years and she is a nice girl.

Well, less chatting more doing.

Have a good day everybody.

Heidi, your daughters have inherited your good, big heart; that's so wonderful, you've made a big, bright light sine on my day! Thank you!

It's still freezing-be-durned COLD here in N FL but supposed to get to 70 by Sunday. Yesterday is "warmed" up to 48! I wanna go ride our other tandem bike! I wanna go out in the canoe! I wanna go hike! Wahhhh! it's to COOOLD!

Great photos Holly!

Today I'm trying desperately to remove instant glue from my fingers before work! I stupidely knocked the bottle over while assembling the Chrysbon oak table, and 6 chairs, when I grabbed for it, I got it all over my hands. This is the ultimate glue, made with cyanoacrylate. Nothing will budge it! I even tried paint thinners, nail polish remover, alcohol, and about everything else I had handy! I smell like a cleanser factory! My DH said lucky I had enough brains to not touch my fingers together, or some other part of me! LOL I suppose it could be worst. They are nice and crispy dry now. They sound like glass when I type! There is a warning on the bottle about instant adhesion to skin, but no suggestions on what to remove it with if you stupidely get it on your skin!

Any ideas what I should use?

Hey, Doogster-you're the glue expert, what will take this @#$%^&* stuff off?

J-F is much better today, even though he did not go to school. He's still tired at times, but active enough to be having fun playing on the computer. That means I don't have to stay near him all day, so I actually have some time for me!

Went down to the basement and started adding paperclay stones to the outside of my glencroft-bash. Harder than it looks, but I think I am getter better. Did a section around the original larger top window. Took out the polyclay pasta roller I bought at Michael's with a 40% off coupon, and spent 2 hours working on it. Now it's time for a break and mabye a nap - the last few days have been exhausting and I did not sleep well last night because of my restless legs.

After that, back to the mini-ing, hopefully. I want to finish the upholstered chair I have been working on and maybe start putting the bookshelves together, or maybe start making some book... guess I'll have to wait and see what I feel like doing!

Liza, that is one thing that sucks..yes I said it..about diabetes. You get a virus, cold, hang nail, anything, and it messes with your blood sugars. They either go up or they go down. And if you are puky sick it is even worse. Always keep some Orange Juice in the fridge. It will give him a quick boost to his blood sugar while you are waiting for the meds to kick in.

I had a good day today. I bought a large container of sundried tomatoes for $1.50. I think I am going to put them in a canning jar with some olive oil to keep in the fridge.

I snagged the LAST Audrey Hepburn calendar at the mall for $4. I always wait until around now to buy my calendar for the year. I always buy a dollar store one that will hold me until I get the one that I want. Kind of like a piece of art in your kitchen.

For some strange reason, the Ticketmaster did not have the show in their computer. But I checked online and it is there and it is not sold out. I am going to just give the girl the money so she can just buy it herself.

Sent the package off to my MIL. Six heavy duty grocery bags, a gift card to fill them, and since I was in the P.O. a book of stamps. I figure if she cannot get groceries, she probably cannot afford to get a book of stamps all at once.

I was about to go overboard with the gift card but I stopped myself. I will send her $50 every month. She has 5 other children and a few grown grandchildren that can help out also.

Holly, this is how I was brought up. You never short yourself and you should always think of your immediate family first but if you can spare it..then you should do it. Kind of like my Karma for the next life.

Now I am going to relax for a bit after the long morning of running errands.

!!!GOT THE BIKE!!!

!!RODE THE BIKE!!!

^_^ :blink::D:flowers:

It was wobbly...it was scary....it was exhilarating!!!

The sun is shining here... it is 60ish. and it was so much fun I cant wait to do it again.

I did freak out a couple of times...lol

we took it out to the Lake...yall remember teaching Catriona to drive there?

you drive along Spring river on one side and when a car passed us I felt like we were headed into the river! LOL

Dean is like..."honey if you keep freaking out I wont be able to keep us OUT of the river!"

so I tried to freak out silently...but I have to tell you being that close to my hubby who knows me so well....He knew each time I freaked out.... :flowers:

so the new bike is an older 1 speed with a wobbly back tire. the hand grips were once nice foam ones and we may need new tires. not bad for 70$....he took 5 off the price because we had to drive so far....We always enjoy that stretch of road and on a nice day especially. so we didnt mind but he insisted...nice to know people like that are still out there. he had his son help us get it into our van and away we came home....still excited...still feeling like we got a grat deal because this is something we both enjoy doing(biking) and have always wanted to do(tandem) and NOW we can.

can you tell how crazy I am??

OOOOOOOOOOOOO :flowers:

and yesterday after playing phone tag a few times with the HR guy at my former job...he asked me if I was interested in coming back and when....they told us when they let us go that if they had more business they would call us first and hire us back if thats what we wanted

so of course I said YES and TOMORROW! :wave:

he said that they are getting ready soon to start hiring soon and this was his first round of calls...he would let us know as soon as he knows when. so kewl beans :flowers:

isnt life funny...ups and downs highs and lows...a roller coaster ride....

I like this thread because it has no particular theme but to share our ride with others!

Hang in there its still a bit bumpy! :flowers:

nutti :flowers:

Now that you & Dean are discovering the joys of tandeming, I guess I'd better warn you... It can get expen$ive... There is an inverse ratio between weight & price. For the kind of riding we do we have two bikes, both are 27-speed. The one in the picture is a Santana, equipped with narrow road tires and pedals with clips for our cycling shoes so our feet are clipped in while we ride (amazing how fast you can unclip when you're falling over!lol) on pavement, it weighs about 35 pounds. The other one is a Cannondale with wide, knobby tires and regular pedals that we use for hard dirt and fine packed gravel. We don't ride in sand or soft dirt (instant injury) that weighs less than 50 pounds.

We refuse to get on a bike without helmets!

It can get expen$ive...

OH I can just imagine....while looking into this I have done much surfing on the subject

we are pleased as punch to have this antique bike to play around on....I can see us purchasing one more time something our at the time pockets can afford...but for now just doing a few things to update and maintenance will be enough.

today we rode without helmets...we always did before helmets became available...Im not sure how we feel about them ...we havent gone looking....at this point price will probably be the deciding factor for now....when we start riding in traffic Im sure I will PUSH the idea at him.

I always made sure the kids had properly fitting helmets while growing up. but its been awhile since Ive gone looking at them.

nutti :wave:

Friendly yet sincere words of warning, Nutti -- accidents can happen anywhere, any time. That's why they're called accidents. You can bash your brains out falling on a rock along a country road or in a parking lot as easily as you can get hurt in traffic.

Search Freecycle and Craig's list for helmets, tell all of your friends and relatives who frequent yard sales to keep an eye out for them for you. You really need to be wearing helmets now, especially during the learning period, if you have a tendency toward freaking out. Think about this: human vegetables don't do much mini-ing or much of anything else. :wave:

I've lost count how many times I have fallen off the back of the bike, both clipped in and loose-footed, and each & every time part of the hit & bounce involved a very hard head bounce! Those helmets save your life, or at least prevent a closed head injury. I will not get on my recumbent tricycle to ride on our road without my helmet, and the liklihood of falling off & hitting my head is minimal; but if it happened it'd be fatal! BTW, I can swim, but I won't get into a kayak or canoe without my PFD (personal floatation device, AKA life-vest). I may be going to die a lot sooner than most of the members on this forum, but I'm in no hurry to do it.

All the knobs are on the doors, all the fixtures are in the bathroom, all the furniture is made and the awning is hinged, and the last thing I need to do do for the Travel Trailer is the awning pole to prop it open, and the bead curtain for the bedroom door. I started the bead curtain tonight & it's half-done.