What are you up to today? This week?

heidiiiii

I'm working on the barn...sitting here still in my pj's...yes you heard right...being lazy...but I've been having b/p issues and just now getting back to normal or as normal as can be for me....I will be putting the windows in the barn and putting the framing on them....

Well, aside from practicing for State Board for a couple of hours, my Glouchester arrives today! Whooo hooo!

The funny thing about that house is that it looks very similar to the room box set up I'm making for "Imperium Draconis" so, they both will be brick buildings and neighbors of each other.

Most of the wiring is done on the 1st 3 floors of Imperium Draconis so, I'm stucco-ing & wallpapering the interior of it today.

I'd like to start on the new Glouchester as well but, with the Lily's bar screaming to be finished, the Harrison needing mucho work, and the Arthur sitting around waiting for me to fix some damaged wallpaper, I really have no work space left for it at the moment. *sigh*

So much to catch up on!

today was the first day back at the job...so nice to see all the friends I had made before the layoff

I will be so glad for the nice fat paycheck...lol

some news...my ex SIL who is on this forum as SabrinaO gave birth to a bouncing baby boy at 8:20pm last night...this is truly a blessing to her and her family...5 pregnancies.... one baby.

lots of heartbreak ending in a true miracle. baby and mommy are doing wonderful and so very happy.

do not know when I will get my hands on him as they live down in Alabama....but I hope its before he is full grown!

so I will find out tonight when for sure my oldest will be home....

we(mom,catie,ashley,self) spent 4 hours yesterday buying for his apt.

we got him a dresser, two end tables,bedside table,table and chairs.

all his linen needs for bedroom,kitchen,and bath. dishes and kitchen junk....but for cleaning stuff and a Plunger...he is ready for housekeeping!

his father has a bed,microwave,foldout sofa.

I have entertainment unit but he has to buy his own TV and video crap...as he is a major techno geek Im sure he knows already what he is going to get...LOL

be soo happy to see him! :wave:

picking up the new wheel tomorrow for the bike....maybe we can ride this weekend and than Ill post a photo of us...hopefully still astride the bike! :blink:

nutti :wave:

oooo got myself a new toy also while flea marketing

see weightloss thread!

Chelsea is going to have a big fat paycheck next week because of all the work she is doing this week. Because there is school vacation she is working 9-5 all this week.

But she is a nasty you know what. She is tired and not getting enough sleep. I hate when she comes down in the morning. Grrrr!

There is a prediction of some snow mixed with rain later today. Nothing major though. It will be too warm for big snow.

I have been dealing with allergies I think. I get what seems like a cold..feels full blown. Then the next day it is basically gone. Really weird.

Spending some time with the Laurel today. The past two days have been spent repainting my real life bedroom. What a difference a coat of paint can make! Rainy weather all day here is SC, but we certainly need it. We have been enjoying our visit with DS although it doesn't seem like he is here very often. :wave: I may run to the store and pick up a new mouse. Mine is acting up. Only 5 days left of my vacation. It goes by to quickly!

We have just gotten home from our trip, we left Thursday AM and spent the night at Falling Water State Park campground near Chipley, FL. Thanks to the rain Monday & /Tuesday there was plenty of falling water to see (& hear!), and we hiked the loop trail from the campsite to the falls & back.

Friday we arrived at Blackwater River State Park campground despite my getting the routes mixed up... No one was there to go paddling when we arrived so we took off to all the thrift stores in Milton.

The rainstorms moved in Friday night and we awoke Saturday to a downpour! Finally a few hardy souls decided to try for a short paddle near the campsite and DH went with them; those who didn't mind an axle-breaking ride down a rutted dirt trackful of big rocks & slick mud went to paddle on Boiling Creek. My sinuses respond really negatively to inclement weather, and if I ignore them I usually wind up with infections, so I stayed put, warm & dry. The rain stopped by noon but remained overcast. Saturday night we stuffecd ourselves with Low Country Boil ('taters, carrots, onions, ears of corn, smoked sausage & SHRIMP!) and planned Sunday's paddles.

The rain Sunday never amounted to more than a fine mist and the air temp didn't drop until over halfway through the paddle; although that may have been because we all got more or less wet with the rescue when the most experienced person with us & his inexperienced wife managed to capsize their canoe. We were ablt to get the canoe back across the current & uprighted, and everything that fell out we found & gave them back excdept one water bottle. There was so much water in the river and the current was so fast that the 7+mile trip only took us a little over 3 hours, including the rescue & lunch stop.

After showers & clean clothes DH & I piled into the truck & headed down US 90 to Pace, FL, and down to the bay to meet Martha/mlyle and play with her Garfield. We found out ASA we got there that we all share an awful lot of FL and spent the whole afternoon & evening chatting until my blood sugar got hateful. Martha is a sweetheart, and I hope more of you get to meet this special lady.

Monday was godawful COLD and DH & two of our new friends decided they wanted to paddle Coldwater Creek. Halfway there in the middle of NO WHERE their truck went out of gear & wouldn't go back in (they tow it behind their little motor home, so had had that feature newly installed just before coming to the paddling event, without time for a shakedown cruise). FORTUNATELY it happened on the way over to the put in, and DH had a hitching ball that fit their truck so he could tow them back. Everyone was "down", so we piled them into the back seat of our truck and took them with us to the Naval Air Museum in Pensacola to spend the day. We even managed to find a couple of thrift stores on the way!

Yesterday AM we hitched up and headed to the campground at Pine Log State Forest, N of Panama City Beach, planning to stay until tomorrow. This AM dawned murky and moist, so we hitched up & came on home.

Friday AM we plan to go hiking, the weather is supposed to be godawful cold but pretty.

It`s not allergies....it is a full blown cold! :lol: I feel like death warmed over. It does not help that it is raining also. I feel sooo sick. Once I drop Chelsea off at work, I am going back to bed.

<sending chicken soup to Heidi> Keep up the humidity in the house. It will help you breath more easily.

Holly, your trip sounds as if it were eventful, as usual!

Today I'm going to make out the shopping list for the Mardi Gras party on Tuesday -- gumbo, red beans and rice, beignets, King cake, and café au lait, basically. The weekend will be spend cooking and baking. Just having a select few folks in, not a huge crowd as in past years, and with the temps predicted around 30-40 degrees, not likely we'll have a second line.

Kathie..I think some gumbo, crawfish, and a couple benets (sp?) covered in powdered sugar will make me feel much much better... :lol: Throw in a muffelletta as a snack and that would be just right...heheheh snack!

Shovelling here, too! At least the boys were, I was playing taxi most of the day driving my daughter from one appointment to another then to guides, then I did groceries, then I picked her up from guides and we came home, finally. (Oldest brought in the groceries and both boys put them away for me, also.) I'm exhausted.

Ugh! Help me help help me...I am whining. I am sick and I do not like it.. No amount of sympathy is going to make me feel better so just let me sit here in my pile of used tissues and wallow in my own self pity.. LOL

I did get the corner covers painted and glued onto the Arthur yesterday. I did accomplish something. Mad though. I have plans with two girlfriends to go to high stakes bingo on Sunday evening. I am HOPING to be well enough to go by the weekend. If today is any indication, I am not going.

Even the girls feel sorry for me...LOL I guess I look kinda rough. I know my hair is oh so beautiful and I (sniff sniff) need to take a shower..Ha!

Today is usually my errand day but that is not happening. I will drop Chelsea off at work, go to the bank, get some more tissues and come back to the comfort of the couch.

Have a great Friday everyone! :)

That right, Heidi! Do only what you really must today, then curl up somewhere and take care of yourself :) .

I'm hoping to go shopping today if I,m not to tired. Need to get some supplies as I am doing a scrapbook for my son's hockey team again this year, and I want specific hockey paper. Also want to get some more cloth and supplies to do more needlework and mini-knitting, which means going into town to a specialty store (I live in the far west end). Maybe drop in on a few other stores while I am out, just have to watch how much I spend.

Still snowing a bit here, but it's the light fluffy kind, so I don't mind it as much as long as driving is ok. :)

The sun is shinning but it is CCOOLLDD here!

DH is out chopping wood for the stove and Im sitting here getting ready for work.

my son will be HOME tomorrow!

and I will be at work :(

I wont see him until Sunday morning...unless he stays here and Ill see him after I get home.

and sunday is moving day for him....

the paperwork is all finished and first months rent is paid...so in the am we will start moving his stuff into his first apt. :)

finish it up on sunday and a Pizza welcome home and to your new place party.

so happy to be working again.

nutti :)

That right, Heidi! Do only what you really must today, then curl up somewhere and take care of yourself :) .

I did a few things and now I will just lay on the couch. I still have to take Fred to work and then pick up Chelsea at 5:30pm. So I cannot really nap until then. I am a rip van winkle napper. If I took a nap now, 3-4 hours from now I would wake up in a drool covered fog. Then I would have to try and shake it off to go pick up Chelsea. I will just suffer for now until then.

I am taking the Dayquil and I still feel like garbage so you know how I truly feel.

The girls still hope that I will get better for bingo. Right now I cannot even think about it.

Back to the couch for me...Hold my calls!

LOL

Our friend that we paddle & hike with introduced us last month to another friend of hers who has been caring for his 98-year-old momma with severe Alzheimer's for over ten years, so he hasn't been able to go hiking or paddling. One of the local churches has begun offering four hours' respite care one Friday a month, and last month a group of us went hiking the State Forest trails N of Lake Talquin. This AM we met at a huge local park that borders Lake Jackson and we hiked about eight miles of trails together. The weather was totally gorgeous, if godawful cold! and we totally enjoyed ourselves. This will be good practice for me to prepare for the Panhandle Trace Hike I want to try this year (DH did it two years ago, I did the first day and wimped out; got the pacemaker eight months later!lol).

I started the White Orchid last night, the methyl ethyl ketone took a while to set up. Dh had some with a needle applicator that I like very much.

I did go shopping today. I got some scrapbooking supplies to do an album for J-F's hockey team. (I do the original, some else gets the copies made so that we have 15 all told.) Also got some mini knitting/crocheting and tapestry/needlework supplies. Got a few other miscellaneous things, too, for someone I know and I'm hoping that she will really like them when I give them to her. :welcome:

It's the weekend, and I'm hoping to get some baseboards put down. But DH and DS are starting to paint on our bath and bedroom, so it may be hard to even get in that room! Lots of RL chores to do as well, so I may not even have the time.

In the middle of finishing packing the suitcases and double-checking to make sure we have everything. Flying out of Savannah this afternoon and heading to Amsterdam. will arrive at 7:15AM tomorrow morning. I am so excited. Will catch up upon my return.

the last of my 4 chicks flew the nest today to live on the university campus :(

I dont know if its....woohooo i get to live MY life :welcome:

or

omg i'm redundant!!! :(

what i DO know is i have a 4 bedroom house with just me in it :wave: ooooooooooooo all the houses i could have room(s) for ...now i just need a lottery win to buy them :p

Somewhat better today. I guess I have to be. Chelsea has to go have her roots re-done this morning from the bleach mistake of last Saturday. I think I may be well enough to go to Bingo tomorrow night. I have pushing the fluids and taking my dayquil and nyquil so that I can function during the day and sleep at night. The weather forecast for tomorrow says snow showers in the morning and then rain for the rest of the day. I wont be driving to bingo so that will be good. I still have to find bingo daubers. I havent played in years and all the ones I owned are long gone.

I did not do much yesterday except read and watch tv in bed. I really did not watch tv. It was basically back ground noise. I finished reading Mommie Dearest. I have seen the movie but had never read the book. I have to say it was a really good compelling read. I had to force myself to put it down so that I could sleep. Best $1 spent on a used paperback book. I have a biography on Charlie Chaplin that I am going to read next.

The Arthur is still topless (meaning no roof). I just did not have the energy or drive to do it yet. I think today I am going to at least mark out the roof lines with the pencil and ruler so that when I start feeling better, I can just do it.

Have any of you ever eaten an Ugli fruit? I bought one yesterday for $1 at the grocery store. Chelsea is into unusual fruits and veggies lately. I thought she and I could give it a try. If you have eaten it, what does it taste like? The sticker says to cut it like a grapefruit. It is green and yellow right now. Do we have to let it ripen?

I'm painting my bedroom today. just ate my breakfast and need to go get started. i have to prime it first. moved all of the furniture out of it yesterday. bought a matching bedroom set earlier this week, it will be delivered on thurs of next week. It's the first matching bedroom set i've ever had. i'm very excited.