What are you up to today? This week?

heidiiiii

I took the hot Italian turkey sausage out this AM to begin thawing and later cut it up and heat it in the sauce for liguine for supper with antepasto. I looked at Pamela's chocolate baking pictures again, so probably have to make another mug cake! 'By-by, hips...

I finished painting the TT's interior this AM & started painting the exterior, it will be white with a hunter green band and hunter green window trim. I did a fabric treatment on the bedroom end wall and still have to make a bedroom window treatment.

Today has been a lazy day for me, haven't gotten anything done! :) Did enjoy a bath though. I've set the tv to record Superbowl (have to make sure i set it to the right channel when I go to bed, or else it doesn't record). Sadly it is shown on BBC here, who don't do commercials at all, let alone cool superbowl ones from the US. So gotta catch up on them tomorrow on youtube too.

We haven't really been shopping recently, so running out of food again. Will have to figure out when to go. We're due a 'Big Freeze' starting this morning with snow forecast during tonight and tomorrow. The snow never actually seems to materialize where I am, but might do tomorrow evening i guess. I avoided going out today, so don't know how cold it actually got.

I was supposed to go down to Exeter to look at other pharmacy shops in the chain i work for. That is about 1.5 hours away to get to the first shop, but with the weather forecast, the area manager i was due to drive with decided it wasn't worth the risk. It looks like it will be very cold (well for us very cold is about 28-30F :storm:) in the morning, but snow/sleet due from 4pm onwards, so it'd be the home journey that could be problematic. He did say too, that if it is very snowy, it isn't worth driving 30mins into work in Weston, and I should just go to the branch here. That's great. Means I want lots of snow to enjoy and build a snowman, and then i'd only need to walk 3 mins to work :p Best of both worlds! So come on over snow please!

I'm working on taxes today and watching Oh Brother Where art Thou for about the 5th time. I get a kick out of that movie.

I used to use the table saw all the time, had one of my own, till it kicked a board out on me and scared the pee waddlin out of me! Lol! I haven't used one since, however, it quit working very soon after that when my DH was using it, so would probably use one if I had one. I have a miter saw I love and a scroll saw I havent even got out of the box yet, but I will this summer.

Back to the taxes! Yuck!

Julie

Aren't you guys lucky, you get to start your taxes now. I'm assuming you mean income taxes. We don't even get all of are receipts until the beginning of March, then have until the end of April to file.

Hope you are havin fun! lol

It's funny the things he asks for in his care packages.

when he was stationed in Africa it was brownie mixes and KETCHUP...lol I had to send small bottles in pringles cans....did you know that in Africa that mayo is the condiment of choice and they do NOT have ketchup or BBQ sauce....I also sent A1 sauce.

we always sent big bags of favorite candy for all to share....while in Africa his box day was a house holiday!

I have not sent a care package since he has been stationed in Rome....he says its like being at home with perks....the Embassy is 3 blocks from the Vatican

we got him a nice comforter and sheet set

and than we went looking for rental signs....he has given us a price range and instructions on what he wants to live in.

we found several nice duplexes we took the numbers and will start calling tomorrow.

I have to also make sure he can have pets...Im sure he will want visitation with Milo when he gets home...I may be momma but Jevin is Milo's boy.

also went to the Fashion Bug...our is going out of buisness and will close in April...in the meantime they are adding things from other stores each week so you have to keep going in to check...found jeans for 5$ apr or 3$ if you buy 3pr

didnt buyt any as our Steve and Barry's went out of buisness a few weeks ago with jeans 2 bucks a pair ...I got 4 pair...so Im stocked up right now!

they did have swimsuits....so Im going to go get me 2 with our tax return. a person with a pool needs at least 2 suits...thats my story and Im sticking to it!

time for kickoff!

:)

Yup, snow everywhere but here! When I lived in Hampshire in the south, snow never came there. Now i've moved and it snows, Hampshire has had inches and inches (nearest airport is shut) and we've got nothing again! Booo!

Off to work i go.

Back to school today. As time for the state test gets closer, everyone starts to tense up. I gotta find a different line of work!

I got the template made to floor my bedroom and will hopefully get to start on it tonite. I am trying to do whatever I can reach on the dollhouse. I so want to get it completed!

Yup Liza, I am done with our income taxes (state and federal). I have always got it done the moment the paperwork hit the mailbox. I am not a procrastinator when it comes to taxes. I think I would fall in a corner with nervous twitches if I had to wait all the way until March to get them done. LOL

The food for the Superbowl was a hit. Fred even came home with the crockpot all clean! Gotta love him. :construction:

I am going to tackle the rest of the ice out front today since it is going to be on the warm side. Chop Chop Chop.

Fred heads back to work today after a nice long weekend (thurs-sun). Time to get him out of my hair..LOL

Chelsea informed us all that it is now 13 more days until her 20th birthday. LOL I asked her if she had any plans with Chris for her birthday. She said no but we will see. He did come down on Saturday and they spent the entire day together.

It is hard to fathom that my baby is going to be 20. I was 20 when I had her. Funny how time flies.

She was talking about getting a tattoo for her birthday. That is what she wanted me to pay for. I still do not know if she is going to do it. She hasnt said what she wants for her day. Maybe a shopping spree at the bookstore.

We will see.

I, too, will be glad to see all the kids go back to school this morning. For the first time in over a week, I will have the house to myself for 6 1/2 hours!

Your daughter, Chelsea, and I must have almost the same birthday, mine is the 12th, a week from this thursday. DH won't tell me what he got me, just that it was expensive and that I will really like it. Maybe a new dh, or perhaps a mini table saw, guess that I will just have to wait and see. I do not like to wait.

As for kids growing up, I understand a bit how you feel. Nicholas will be 16 in June - just two more years of high school and old enough on his birthday to start working for real and learning how to drive - I am NOT looking forward to that. Our daughter will be 13 in April, and our 'baby' will be 10 in April. Seems sometimes like time is just flying by.

We got more snow with the storm, so no ice. Be careful not to hurt yourself while you chop chop chop.

No sign of the sun yet; we were supposed to have rain yesterday and it was very pretty & COLD, instead; so possibly today. I hope not tomorrow, we need to take my old desk & our entertainment center to DS and if he finished prepping the jerk's room we can pick up a piece of drywall & a tub of spackle and start repairs.

I only have the stripe to finish painting the exterior of the Travel Trailer and work on the rest of the interior. I have two cupboards to hang & the bathroom fixtures to install, and then make up the kit furniture and towing tongue & steps, and glue on doorhandles/ knobs, and make & hang the beadcurtain for the bedroom. I'm taking pictures.

Work today...not complaining though. I am happy I still have a job to go to. I made a few things last night out of clay. Some plates, mugs and cannisters. These are being saved for my newest acquisition...The Laurel & Primrose. They are a gift from my son. Not sure when they will be here though. The Laurel was ordered from Overstock but Ernie is sending the Primrose. DS hinted at another order coming my way, but would not give any details. I suspect he and DH put their heads together and came up with what they thought I would like. Apparently all those times I thought DH wasn't listening to me, he actually was. I have no idea where I will put these beauties, but I will find a place. I am thinking of giving my Love Shack to my sister Karen. She keeps threatening to steal it and I don't want her to have to resort to that. Also, the Wine Shoppe was made for her so she gets that one too. I may have her share the Love Shack with sister Bobbi. They can trade it back and forth. It would certainly clear up some space and I know they would be in good hands. I thought of selling it, but I shudder at the thought of someone not taking care of it.

DS is hoping to be home for a visit at the end of this week. He is taking his CDC test and his leave time depends on how well he does with that. I am planning a week vacation for the second week of February. Perhaps I can start on the Laurel then. DH says I need to electrify this house. Hmm...better look and see what I need for that. He always has such grand plans for me. :construction:

I'm going to court today for jury selection. I can think of a few things I would rather be doing than sitting in those old hard chairs while they decide who will be on the jury. Now, the seat the jury sits in are great. Nice and padded and comfy. Oh, well, off to my civic duty. The rest of you have a great day!

I am supposed to be working on taxes. Talk about being a procrastinator! I have vacuumed the house. Tidied cupboards. Glued windows into the Garfield. Sorted and sandpapered windwo trim for the Garfield. Labeled willow parts. thinking about lunch. Hmm guess I had better work on taxes. Won't want to be inside in April, when it gets nice out. Rita

I think I am going to take my taxes to get done this year. I just cannot figure out the rental depreciation part. I figured out the income and expenses on the rental property but not sure about if I am supposed to depreciate the mobile home the value of when it was rented or what.

Worked today and have really not felt like working on the Alexandria for the past 2 weeks. I was so gung ho for awhile and now I am at a stand still. Making some furniture but not working on the house and I really need too.

I think I just need my vacation, I haven't had a week off in 2 years so maybe I will be better when we get back. 3 more weeks to go.

It snowed!!! :):D :D

Yay! We got to build a snowman. Started about 3:30, not heavy, but some snow. Was ok driving home, though the closer i got, the more snow was on the sides of the road. The last mile or so was snowless tracks where the tires were, but the rest had a light powedering. Our car park area though was all white. Went in and had supper, came out again to build a snowman and we had at least a couple inches lying snow. So cool!!! Hoping it'll continue overnight so i don't have to drive to work and can go to the local branch.

Muriel *very happy! Built her snowman for the year*

post-2387-1233617472_thumb.jpg

Looking at the pictures of the snow accumulation in London, I wondered how you were managing, Muriel.

I finished painting the exterior of the Travel Trailer, installed the window trims and door handle, and made the bathroom lavatory & installed the wall cupboard. I still have the commode stool to finish up the bathroom; the steps and the tongue hitch & stand to finish the exterior, and the table & bench seats to finish up the interior. I'm crocheting a cover for the bed.

Well Chris' school is closed, so he's staying home to do work. The snow's mostly melted on the roads around here, and I suspect as i head towards the coast at weston it'll be even more melted. Guess no local day for me.

My boss bought a dollhouse for his wife years and years ago, and actually put it together about a year ago. He said they finally bought some paint over the weekend, so I'll be following their progress!

Nothing much going on around here! This BP medicine is making me too tired to do anything. The school nurse says my BP is too low, and I should call the doctor about it. But he said to give it two weeks.

Hopefully, I will go get my hair cut today!