What are you up to today? This week?

heidiiiii

Oh Holly! Hollyyyyy!!

You would be so proud of me. Fred went to talk to his plumber friend about our thermostat/doohickey problem. Well as he was talking to him, he handed the phone off to me.

I told him that there was either a problem with the 3rd zone thermostat (not clicking when you turn dial) or it is the relay downstairs in the basement. I remembered!!

It could be either or. He told me to replace the thermostat first..if that did not work..I should LABEL and remove the relay. Bring it to plumbing place down the street and have it fixed.

I KNOW I could replace the relay but I think I would feel better if I saw someone else do it first..then if it happens again..I will be good.

I did not say thingamabob! I remembered! LOL

Lol Heidi, well remembered! (Though personally I prefer its 'thingamabob' name!)

It is cold and windy here! and plenty of rain too. Chris has been marking homework and doing some research, so the sitting room is a mess again! Well friends are coming tomorrow and he's home, so he'll have to tidy again before they arrive :) not me!

It's a blah day here too. Not raining, but I think it's supposed to this evening.

I finally got all the decorations taken down and put in boxes. All but the outdoor wreaths. That involves taking the screens out of the windows and reaching up and out. Falling out of a second story window is NOT on my list of things to do today, so Brian can do it when he gets home. He will put the boxes away later too.

It is colder than a Yeti's butt over here right now so I am soo intending on snuggling in under a couple of blankets tonight LOL!!!

Just waived my PILs off after a cozy dinner together. Looking out through the window now I can see an almost full moon, no wonder I am not sleepy.... :)

Hugs

Anna, there will be a full moon on New Year's eve ... a blue moon, actually, as it's the second one this month. What a fitting way to see out the first decade of the 21st century. (Anyone recall the Y2K pandemonium of ten years ago?)

It is a very blah day here. I learned that a dear friend back in Virginia lost his battle with pancreatic cancer yesterday. He actually beat the pancreatic tumors ... but it metastasized to his head and neck ... don't feel like doing much of anything, really. Have been reading, mostly ... Amy Tan's "Saving Fish from Drowning"

...I finally got all the decorations taken down and put in boxes. All but the outdoor wreaths. That involves taking the screens out of the windows and reaching up and out. Falling out of a second story window is NOT on my list of things to do today, so Brian can do it when he gets home. He will put the boxes away later too.
So, will Brian put away the boxes before or after he falls out the second story window? Anna, I'm not even going to think about how you'd know how cold a Yeti's butt is... :)

We bought groceries today.

So, Heidi, which dojigger thingummy is the relay?

OK, I've been online too long...

So, will Brian put away the boxes before or after he falls out the second story window? Anna, I'm not even going to think about how you'd know how cold a Yeti's butt is... :)

We bought groceries today.

So, Heidi, which dojigger thingummy is the relay?

OK, I've been online too long...

I would actually prefer him to put the boxes up first before falling out the window, so the boxes are out of my way! I noticed what I wrote after I posted, and was too lazy to go back and change it.

I am getting my coupons gathered for a grocery store trip tonight. The sale ends tonight, and we are down to only 1 bag of Chex Mix. Otherwise I wouldn't go out. B)

And I just found out that my sister started the day with 5 dogs, and is ending the day with only 1. One died of natural causes early this morning, and a couple of hours later another one was attacked by the other 3. My sister couldn't stop them. My BIL left work and took him to the vet, but it was too late. So then he took 2 of them to the pound, I guess they felt it was just too risky with the 3 little kids around. They kept the "original" dog, which they've had the longest, and is just the sweetest thing. My sister is just in hysterics. She is a big-time animal person, she actually runs a dog grooming place out of her home. She doesn't do pounds except as a very last resort. That's why she has so many animals (she also has 8 cats). I feel so bad for her right now, and the kids, who just love their dogs.

Anna, I'm not even going to think about how you'd know how cold a Yeti's butt is... :)

Ummm ... I've been in Nepal, home of the Yeti. It was cold even in early October. When the snow flies, I'm guessing nearly every butt in Nepal not protected by thick felt coat tails is cold, and Yetis don't wear clothes. I think Anna's reference is solid! B)

Over the past several days I've been transferring my bookmarks to Delicious.com. It turns out I had 591 bookmarks. Too bad I didn't discover how to import them off my computer in bulk till today. Thank goodness I also found out about bulk editing.

UH-OH found more bookmarks.

Long day here. We all went to the town near us where DS2 manages the farm supply store and met him for lunch. Then everyone out to the farm (two cars, because of all the car seats) to visit Great Granny and Papa, then back to Lubbock to visit the Silent Wings Museum, which is all about the glider pilots of WW2. Fascinating, and i never knew gliders could be big enough to hold two jeeps, but they can! Then Mama picked up grandson1, and we are babysitting the rest while DS1 and his wife go out to dinner. We keep grandson1 again tomorrow as daycare is still closed all week, and on Friday we may not get out of bed!

By the way, granddaughter1 is taking two of the dollhouses home, not just the dwarf one!

Long day here. We all went to the town near us where DS2 manages the farm supply store and met him for lunch. Then everyone out to the farm (two cars, because of all the car seats) to visit Great Granny and Papa, then back to Lubbock to visit the Silent Wings Museum, which is all about the glider pilots of WW2. Fascinating, and i never knew gliders could be big enough to hold two jeeps, but they can! Then Mama picked up grandson1, and we are babysitting the rest while DS1 and his wife go out to dinner. We keep grandson1 again tomorrow as daycare is still closed all week, and on Friday we may not get out of bed!

By the way, granddaughter1 is taking two of the dollhouses home, not just the dwarf one!

Anna, I'm not even going to think about how you'd know how cold a Yeti's butt is... B)

:p ummm, great imagination purr-haps.... :) or who knows...

Ummm ... I've been in Nepal, home of the Yeti. It was cold even in early October. When the snow flies, I'm guessing nearly every butt in Nepal not protected by thick felt coat tails is cold, and Yetis don't wear clothes. I think Anna's reference is solid! :lol:

Phew, saved....

Actually, this morning it was about 10F/-12C and it is predicted to get apprx 0F/-18C or so tonight, so we are preparing well for the walk back home tonight as we will be celebreating New Year's Eve withmy PILs and Grandma. Thanksfully no need to drive as it is only a little less than 10 minutes walk between us.

Hugs

Today I'm cooking for tomorrow. There's 'way too much water in the Chipola River, so we're going to paddle Merritt's Millpond (ho-hum) instead; there's a gonzo park/ picnic area at the springs at the northern end, so we'll at least get to celebrate together with all our food! DH needs to find our picnic pack and choose us a beverage. I can mini today in between.

Friends coming for dinner tonight ... have to think of something Lloyd can eat and we'll all enjoy. Maybe lasagne and good home made french bread with a salad. Dessert? Ice cream with peaches? I dunno. Right now I need to get dressed and get the snow/ice off the car so we can get to the lab for L's blood test. We're hoping the result will be in a range that permits him to stop the 2x/day stomach shots.

Going in to town to do the monthly grocery shopping in about an hour and a half, hoping to get back before the snow storm hits. We've got "Winter Storm Warnings" up through tomorrow, supposed to snow at least several inches, with ice pellets mixed in, starting later this morning. Would put off the shopping but am low on cat food, I've just got my heart set on making a pot of beef/mushroom/barley soup, and am dying for some fresh fruit. Good old Social Security has deposited my $$$ today instead of on January 3, so today it is.

Sounds like everyone's doing a little cooking here - must be the winter stockpile and preserve instinct at work!

cold and gray here today. I'm off for two days, so spending half today in pjs and slippers. I'm going to catch up on some cleaning/organizing projects. Was supposed to take rotten Ray (my avatar kitty) to the vet to check his eyes, but this can be put off till next week. Planning to hit Michael's with a 50% off coupon to see if they stock an embroidery hoop with a desk clamp for the tiny french knot rug I'm making. I also have $30 in "Kohls Cash' to use at that store. Still battling the sinus miseries that have gone on for weeks. Probably aggravated by the basement project wallboard dust.

i hope so, too, Kathie! That sounds miserable. I hope you can stay home and relax a little.

DS1 and his bunch left, so we are down to just grandson 1. Carried the old stove out to the recycling plant and now we're home and exhausted. i don't imagine we will do much of anything for a couple of days. I have started on another braid, and laundry, and have some beef out to thaw for a nice homey meatloaf tonite, and a couple bottles of wine cooling. The weather is getting so cold, though-we may choose hot toddies instead!

Still battling the sinus miseries that have gone on for weeks. Probably aggravated by the basement project wallboard dust.

Sorry to hear about your sinus misery, just wanted to suggest something someone suggested to me last year when I had a horrible sinus infection. Its a netti pot, and you can get it at the pharmacy, you fill it with saline solution and rinse your sinuses out. Its not the most pleasant process, but it works miracles! My sinus infection was gone in 3 days! I just used it with my 10 year old and it cleared her nose up from a cold.

L hit the magic number ... no more shots! :)

NJ & Charles are coming for supper. We're going to see Sherlock at the local theater (2 blocks from our house), then come back here for dessert. I doubt that any of us will see in the new year, but we have a bottle of sparkling grape juice for an early toast.

Everything's ready for supper. Might have time for a wee nap after I do some minimal tidying up.

Did a little shopping for some clothes for work but only found a couple of shirts. Hit the kitchen store to look as usual and bought a couple things and also some taco shell holders. Went to the grocery store and got the stuff for taco makings. I already started the velveeta cheese, rotel and hamburger meat dip for tonight. Since we didn't have spiral ham for Christmas I bought one for our Sunday dinner.

We probably will be long asleep before 12:00. Did all the laundry today and the rest of the house cleaning, rearranged kitchen cabinets, I am so running out of room for small kitchen appliances, put the ones I use monthly on the shelves in the utility room.

Tomorrow it is clean dollhouse room day and then to Downtown Savannah for date night. I have a gift certificate to a restaurant we have not tried yet and it expires next week.

It snowed again last night for a bit. All the snow that was plowed was covered over again. I am going to try to help take the Christmas tree down today. I have help so that is good. I just want to make sure everything is put away correctly. Some of those pieces are fragile.

I have no idea what I am going to do today. I was knee deep in a Twilight Zone marathon until the wee hours. I think I will continue to watch that today

Happy New Year everyone!