What are you up to today? This week?

heidiiiii

It is, indeed, the Solstice.

One more trip to the grocery and I think we'll be ready to feed DS. I have the roasting hen, just need a couple of more sweet potatoes and onions and a few other goodies to get us through to New Year's. I have a couple of loads to take to the thrift stores tomorrow.

Busy day at work, felt like i was behind all day. plus side of that is that it went fast! hope the rest of the week zooms by as i'm on call all week!

sitting here playing on the 'net and listening to music. Steve Hackett playing in the background....

hopefully i'll get a little dollhouse time in tomorrow, but i need to run errands so i doubt it.

hope everyone is doing well!

Well, I have to have an Upper GI Endoscopy at 12:30 today so should be feeling pretty loopy by then since I will be heavily sedated. I have been unable to eat or drink since last Friday except for very soft or liquid foods and even that is extremely painful so I have been eating and drinking just enough to get by. Had a barium swallow test done on Friday but that showed nothing obstructing the esophagas so this test has to be done to see if and what kind of damage or inflammation is going on. Its a great diet but not eating at this time of year sucks and I really sympathize with everyone who has to live in pain constantly because living with it for the last 5 days constantly has sucked and I really do not know how you all do it.

I called my sister who has fibro and asked her how she gets through each day without killing someone? She says you get used to it but I do not see how anyone gets used to being in pain each day.

Everyone please say a quick prayer that they find out what is causing the chest pain (EKG was fine so narrowed down to esophogas) so that the pain goes away. Guess I will still miss all the Chrismas goodies though.

I'm sorry you're in such pain, but look at the bright side-you won't have all that holiday weight gain! Seriously, I hope they find out what's wrong and can help you.

We are pulling out our old stove today so the electrician can come wire for the new one tomorrow. so I guess we will be eating out today! Tomorrow is our 37th anniversary so we will just celebrate early. I have to finish up one Christmas gift for the grands, but the rest is done. So we will run errands today and clean house after the mess of pulling the stove out!

I really sympathize with everyone who has to live in pain constantly because living with it for the last 5 days constantly has sucked and I really do not know how you all do it.

You really do get used to it. The every day nagging pain is part of your existence so you learn to blot it out of your mind. Only when it is worse or different do I ever notice anymore.

I will be thinking of you today! Good Luck!

I am dragging Fred to the grocery store with me this morning. I have to pick up some odds and ends for Eve and Day. I have mostly everything I need but I do not want to get stuck having to run out at the last minute.

I am also going to start working on the quarter scale houses that my fairy dollhouse mother gave me. Someone asked me what they were and I opened it up..so I can tell you now.

It is a Corona Concepts Miniature Village. It comes with small house, large house, school, bake shop, church, and general store. I am going to probably use the large house to go with the half scale lighthouse. But I like building these small buildings (fell in love after the teeny tiny Spring fling consolation prize)..that I may end up putting them all together!

So I will label bags and pop out all the pieces.

It's Tuesday, errand day for us & good time to grab the last-minute groceries.

Mini more years ago than I care to remember I used to suffer from gastritis; since I'm on a low-fat, low-carb diet of weight & cholesterol I nearly never have that pain, nowadays it's all arthritis. You really do get used to it (at least, I have).

The trouble with the pint of Jack Daniel's is that the next day you've not only got the pain you started with, but that "day after" crud. Of course, you can do what my neighbor does - never draw a sober breath LOL!

I'm sorry to say that you really do get used to what I call "background pain" - the stuff that just goes on day in and day out (in my case a fibromyalgia/lupus relative and our popular friend Arthur Ritis). If something, like gastritis or whatever, spikes pain above that level, THEN you notice it.

We are great survivors and somehow the body/nervous system adjusts enough to make something approaching a normal life possible.

Today I'm fooling around with trying to miniaturize some prayer shawl patterns. Given my general snottiness caused by nicotine withdrawal - apologies to anyone I've clawed or snarled at! - I thought working on something spiritual might do me some good!

I am feeling kinda pukey. It started when we went to the grocery store. Fred bought me some soup because I was still hungry. It made me feel better for a little while but now my head feels kinda yucky.

I hope whatever it is..goes away by today!

Fred and I are hooked on those new Glade candles. They last a long time and all for only $2! Anyone else?

I just came back from taking my 10 year old son and 13 year old daughter Christmas shopping at Wal-Mart. They had their own money and wanted to get the immediate family (plus Grandpapa and an aunt who will be at our house for Christmas) presents. They did pretty well with just a bit of help and their limited resources.

I think that my 16 year old son is going shopping later today - or at least he said he was going to - but he will be going to stores close enough that he can walk to them.

Gone are the years when mommy and daddy were the only ones to buy presents - we are generally Mom and Dad now!

We got our chores done and I'm glad, it's getting colder and overcast. We'll take a nap now and then tackle the stove removal! It's built in and has been there 20 years, so I dread what we might see when we pull it out! I went grocery shopping and got the stuff to cook soup in the crockpot in case the new one's not in, in time for tomorrow's dinner.

That is always a great bonus when out shopping Holly!

I put a picture of my (new) wedding dress in the wedding preparation thread.

Done some present wrapping - still some more to go tomorrow. Chris is having his friends over, so will make them some chilli before I go to work in the morning. Need to make a mild one for one of the guys as he doens't eat spicy stuff, ever. As I'm making it in the morning that should be fine though, I'll just take some out before adding the spicy spices. They can then still marinade for the day and make it yummy. (What is a word similar to marinade, like I'm doing with the sauce and spices, letting it sit and 'fester' but a nicer/yummier word than fester! :) )

:wave:

Feeling better..it was a passing pukey. LOL

I have to put my electricians hat on tomorrow. I think the thermostat upstairs is old and busted. The furnace is working fine. Every other zone is working. Hot water. But the thermostat up here wont click on.

So I am going to buy a new programmable (we need them for all four but doing one for now) thermostat and replace it. If that fixes it..Yippee. If it does not.. i will have to call the furnace guy.

We have a newer burner and clicky things in basement so it might be something with one of the zone thingy majiggys. I dont know what they are called but I know what they do..ROFL

So wish me luck that I fix it.

...We have a newer burner and clicky things in basement so it might be something with one of the zone thingy majiggys. I dont know what they are called but I know what they do..ROFL

So wish me luck that I fix it.

:wave: I'm always in awe of those who can throw around all those highly technical terms like "thingamajig" and "doo-hickey"! :)

ROFL Holly

I have too much important information in my brain to make room for the names of the parts of my furnace. I can point and say..that is for zone 1 and that is the firing mechanism..

Anything else and I have to use my own language. heheh

Fred will be my apprentice.

Well, the endscopy went very well and the official cause of all the pain is an ulcer. The doctor thinks that one of the antibiotics, Doxycycline, that I was on a couple weeks ago caused it. Apparentely, there is a little pocket in your esophagas neat your aorta that is big enough for a capsule to get stuck in and apparently that is was happened. I never felt it but apparently the capsule got stuck there and disolved and at a hole in my esophagus. I am just happy they found the reason and that I can now be on my way to eating again as soon as it starts healing. I have one liquid medication that coats the esophagas to promote healing and he gave me a liquid medicine for pain but I took that once and by God it is the nastiest stuff I have ever tasted. It is Lidocaine, I didn't even know you could drink that stuff. However, it does work but man it almost came back up and it is thick as syrup. YUK!!!

Anyway, thanks for all your prayers, they worked!!!!

OMG, Sharon! Ulcers are nasty, nasty, nasty! Thank goodness your doctor found it! The reason people are encouraged to take their PO meds with LOTS of water is for that reason. Aspirin can do the same thing, and for years people would just pop them dry.

I have read all I can read about putting in a thermostat and I think I am ready. It is basically a novice job. Going to go to the hardware store and pick up 2 of them this week. Replace the broken one and the one in Natalie`s room. We have 4 zones in our house. Basement, 1st floor, Natalies room, and the rest of the 2nd floor. The rest of the second floor thermostat is the one that is broken. They had set up the upstairs like an in-law set up. Really weird..but that is why there are 4 zones.

Well, the old stove is out and sitting on a dolly in the kitchen floor. DH is having to widen the opening about a half inch, besides taking out baseboard, platform the stove sat on, etc, etc. It is a huge mess and everything in the kitchen is coated with sawdust so that I have been coughing non stop from it. I will go in my playroom this morning while he finishes the sawing! This afternoon the electrician comes to put in the outlet and then hopefully, I can clean my kitchen up!