What are you up to today? This week?

heidiiiii

Went to mummy's this morning and opened stockings and presents. Got a lovely elephant bangle and a very little rose quartz elephant from mummy. Will get a watch from Chris. Also got the start of our le creuset collection.

Dinner was turkey, but not with traditional trimmings. It was a traditional roast turkey, but we had a big chunk of it on our plates rather than slices. It was placed on red wine sauce that had reduced and simmered for over 3 hours along with some red cabbage and walnut salad and boiled potatoes. Was good, but did miss the crispy roast potatoes! Friend offered to drive mummy home, so we could come straight from there. Now watching a review of 2009 before a movie or two tonight! We got to sing carols around the tree at our friends which was christmassy.

Niece was happy with her presents at their hotel, but don't think they got an exciting christmas dinner. They'll catch up when they get to Cameroon I'm sure.

Enjoy the rest of your days!

The three of us reduced the hen to rubble!lol DS got to take home two slices of the mince pie (probably gone already) and the carcase of the hen with pickin's for soup plus a couple of slices of breast meat for another meal for him. There were NO veggie leftovers for him this time! but he didn't seem to mind.lol He fell asleep watching old movies on our local THiS movie channel. DS#1 called while DS#3 was still here, so we all had a good phone visit.

WhenDH came back from taking DS home we had soup & cheese toast for supper There was good mini-ing weather today, and more tomorrow.

cleaning up before the kids get here. I need to make their bed, but DH has a fan to remove from the ceiling above it. he couldn't get it wired so that the light would come on, so when the electrician came to install the stove, he checked it. Turns out it was made with both sets of wires, wired to the fan instead of one set to the light! So we have to take it down and back to Home Depot for another one. They will have to make do with the floor lamp in their bedroom this weekend.

I have beans cooking with a big chunk of ham in them, and will make cornbreads and fries to go with it. This is our traditional day after holiday meal, when everyone is tired of rich foods and ready for some plain cooking. However, we do have loads of fruit salad and pecan pie left to go with it!

Waiting of son and Bill to get home from the gun range, then it is out to lunch for Mexican and then shopping for a new flat screen tv. Couldn't talk Bill into getting one before Christmas but now that he got the WII for Christmas he says we can afford it. LOL He is frugal with his money and I am not complaining but sometimes he needs a little nudge.

Really lovely quiet day at home. It finally warmed up into the low 50s so we put on jackets and went for a walk and the sun went back behind the clouds & the temperature dropped! I oven-fried fish and we had linguine with fresh spinach, caramelized onions and low-fat feta cheese for supper.

DS2 is sick with a respiratory infection, so they had to put off their trip. He says tomorrow, but I'll be surprised if he makes it then. So we had a quiet evening here. Watched a movie and finished braiding my thread, ate soup, and that's about it. We will probably be babysitting the oldest grandson (5) all week, since school is out and the daycare he stays at after school, closes when school closes. So not much mini time this week. That's ok, he's going to teach me to bowl on his new Wii!

Nice quiet afternoon in yesterday. This morning some tidying bits before future PILs come and visit until tomorrow. Looking forward to a few days off in January where I can recoup the calm time off just after christmas I'm used to having! :p

Hoping for another quiet home day, tomorrow we're going out to dinner to celebrate my turning 68.

I had a nice treat yesterday, one of my highschool classmates I haven't seen in over 49 years called; he's helping the reunion committee find warm bodies; he was the only other classmate I knew with the same last name as my maiden name (his was spelled with an "e") and we shared the same lame jokes about it.

I think I'm heading down the bronchitis direction again. Have felt sort of yucky and croupy.

We are heading to the movies this afternoon to see the new Sherlock Holmes movie with dear old buddies up from FLA. Speaking of 'up', I bought the movie "Up" for us for Christmas. Very sweet! If you haven't seen it, look for it at your library.

Kellan has developed something we think is a corn or plantar thingy on the pad of a foot. Really painful to walk on, so we are using the drops and pads for a day or two, then maybe to the doc monday since he has a few more holidays from school.

I am in a lot of pain right now. It started on Christmas Day when I woke up. I do not know if it is the normal part of healing (the ascending pain has yet to hit my backside..unless this is it).

I did not do anything or over did it in anyway. My back hurts, my leg hurts, my hip hurts. I can only sit for short period of time. Then rest of the time I have to lay down.

Regular motrin is not cutting the pain..I have to take a whole Vicodin. I do not know if I should let it run it`s course and wait till Jan 4 for my checkup or see him sooner.

I am afraid. I do not want to have surgery again. I also do not want to be told that I did do something and that I will have to live like this.

Something is wrong because I was doing so well and now I feel like I am back at square one again..kinda feels like sciatic pain.

So if you do not see me on here..you know why.

Deb has my number.

I did not do anything or over did it in anyway.
Uh huh. Who was it cleaning the pantry and cooking a whole dinner? Even with help and frequent breaks, I could feel your muscles complaining clear over here.

Heidi, call today. Let his service relay the message that you're suddenly in great pain after days of steady improvement. There is no point in suffering an additional 24 hours when it may be something he can guide you through over the phone with reassurance or a different prescription.

Checking in, reading and enjoying seeing what everyone else has been doing over the Christmas holidays. We spent Christmas Eve with my parents and stayed over night and had a lunch/dinner on Christmas Day with my parents and my brother and his family. It was just purrrr-fect since it was a really lazy stay LOL, no digging or preparing anything, also got to try a new oven baked salmon with a cray fish cover, can we say yum????

Am,ong other things we got this really neat compact little oven that we are going to use in the new house until the kitchen is done, and I LOVE it (and it will be sooo handy as a dedicated clay oven after that hehe...)

Then when we got back home, hubby's brother and wife are visiting his parents so we have been seeing them as well over dinner there, which has felt very good as well since things have been a little icy (sp?) between the two "boys" but it is starting to warm up atleast....

The ground is still covered with ice/snow but it a lot of it has melted (or should it be smelted) away so hubby has spent some time outside working with the draining today so has some tired muscles, and I have been doing inside work along with some studying/reading up for the new work.

We'll be dong "second" Christmas on Tuesday with my PILs which is something I also look forward to, especially since hubby is on "vacation" as well utnil the 4th of January.

So, that is what I have been up to latley... Putting in a few stiches on a few smaller kitty related things, looking forward to put these together as I have this ideas on what I want to do with that LOL

Heidi, please don't wait to call the docs OK,feeling that kind of pain isn't a good thing, so pretty please don't wait!!! Am sending positive strenght and energy your way!!!!!

Kathie, reading about Lloyd's oerdeal with the bleeding I am sending lots and lots of positive thoughts and energy yours as well as his way too!

HUGS to all!!!!

Have you phoned them yet Heidi??

Had a good day, got a mini present! a little conservatory for me to do up. Won at Harry Potter Cluedo (or Clue as I know it). I don't like losing games if I think I can win it. Don't mind losing chance games, but where a lot of it is strategy and thinking, I hate losing :p So I very rarely play games. But difficult to say no and be the humbug odd one out when the family is playing together! Anyway, we played a bit and then Chris made an accusation. It was wrong and he sent me a text and said "my strategy hinged on the idea that you knew what you're doing!" Well I knew what I was doing, not my fault that he didn't get it :huh: Anyway, I won so I'm happy. **I do know it is the taking part in games that is the fun thing and should do it whether I win or lose, but I'm just too competative! It is a bad streak in me. If I know I can't win something then I don't mind losing, eg in sailing if I know my boat is crap and will never catch the fast new boats, I don't mind not winning the race. But if I know my boat is as good as the others, then I just about have to win**

Heidi, Kathie and Holly said exactly what I was thinking. You don't like laying around, I know. But if you want to get well, you're gonna have to do what the doctors tell you to! Call them, and mind what they say. We all want you well!

My surgeon is on vacation until January 4th (my appt day)..they were able to squeeze me in tomorrow at 1pm with the other surgeon. Just to be on the safe side.

It might actually be the ascending pain that I have been experiencing. My surgeon said that the pain in the back will be the last place. I did not do ANYTHING or do anything that made me feel anything..that would make me say Oh yeah..that is where I messed up. I have followed the rules to the T. Even Fred said I have been extremely good.

So either it IS the normal ascending pain or I am a spine freak! LOL

I have Vicodins so I will be okay until tomorrow. I just cannot sit for any period of time..Like I have to end this post now cause I have to go lay down.

I will let you know what happens.

Heidi, it probably is the ascending pain. When DH had his surgery, his leg that they put the pain killer or whatever in, was the last place to regain feeling. And it really did bother him a lot.

Still waiting on DS1 and his bunch. Am afraid things are not going well at all between them, and she knows how we feel about it, no matter how nice we try to be. So she doesn't want to come down here, and really makes it hard for us to see them. We called them up and told them we were coming, when he got sick-that's when she said they'd come here after all. So he is really taking a beating from her. Unfortunately, DIL 2 gets pretty pointed with her comments about the way DIL1 treats her husband (DIL2 really loves her brother in law), so we may have a fight before the visit is over.

In the meantime, grandson 1 went and bought groceries with us-we came home with cookies covered in M&Ms, tons of fruit, candy, and a cat toy for Abby. Shopping with the grandkids is expensive!

Oh, I do hope it goes well for you tomorrow, Heidi! Popped a little something in the mail to you today, he he. :p

Sherry, there are times I'm not really sorry I've no family left now. Why is it that the holidays seem to bring out the worst in people sometimes? Here's hoping you manage to have a good visit without having a war break out, or even any heavy sniping.

Me, I'm still waiting for the plumber to come, and have put up with five days worth of icky water standing in my kitchen sink, then draining sloooooowly, then coming back.....ARGH!! It's not so bad washing dishes in the bathtub - water pressure's great in there! - but I'm getting really tired of not really knowing what glop is going to wash up in the kitchen. I keep waiting for something to crawl out of there.....yeah, I watched WAY too many horror movies when I was a kid.

Anyway, the manager says he's going to do his best to get someone out here today to fix the beastly thing - now, getting HIS boss to authorize costly emergency repairs may be another matter. SIGH!