What are you up to today? This week?

heidiiiii

I love it when they have the Twilight Zone marathon. I watched a few episodes last night but then went to bed at 10 to read and fell asleep at 11.

I was hoping the new year would bring better health issues but I woke this morning getting very lightheaded, I have had 3 severe episodes and they are worse if I try to lay down. It is not that bad when I am sitting up or working around the house just a constant slight dizziness. A little chest pain as well, so I am wondering if the ulcer in my esophagas has gotten worse or started bleeding. If it stays this way, I will call my doctor on Monday.

However, I was able to get my dollhouse room all straightened and now I have room to start back working on the Alexandria so I can finish it and get rid of it.

We were going to go downtown Savannah today but since I am not feeling well and it is raining we are going to just putz around here. I have the Brunswick stew heating in the crockpot for dinner. We do not eat collards or black eyed peas.

Maybe we will play a few games of Yahtzee or trivial Pursuit (Bill always kicks my butt on this one) and I have all the editions and still can't win. LOL

heading to a hen party this afternoon at my boss's home. We have a gathering of 'stitch and craft' friends who get together for dinner and drinks every so often. We all bring roundtuit projects and sit 'downtuit. Lot's of fun! Many are coworkers I don't see very often, now that I'm at the small library branch. I'm baking spanakopita to take as part of our NYear 'greens'. No guys invited, unless they're under 6 mos old!

Jim's heading to the washerama with loads of laundry. Week 2 of a sick washing machine, but we got a call that the part will be installed monday.

HooRaaaay!!

Still gloomy weather, but not quite so cold today (46 degrees right now). Rain is supposed to be out of here for a few very cold sunny days to start the week. Cold rain coming back thursday.

Sounds wonderful Holly, more than a tad envious as it is still cold and way below freezing temps here, but then again I am not complaining at all as it has been a great excuse to stay inside playing... :) I brought the Adams along with me here yesterday when I swung by the other place to tend to flowers and check the mailbox, so have been stagin gthings in there, making notes on what still needs to be done and bought so to speak...

Hugs

Ran chores this morning, had to check out the home improvement store sale, and found drawer pulls to match the new cabinet knobs, just have to paint and varathane them.

I've been playing since then although I did fix a big meatloaf and pot of peas for lunch. The storybook is nearly done and the playroom is cleaned up!

I don't know what to do with myself now. Too cold to get in the garage and start my next project, so i guess I will make minis until spring or I win the lottery and can afford a new kit!

I am up early early early. After Fred and I took the tree down yesterday, I took a muscle relaxer. He went to work. I went upstairs to watch Twilight zone marathon. I woke up around 6pm..LOL

Those things knock me out. But my back felt good.

Then the cat woke me up and I was awake so here I am.

It is lightly snowing outside right now. It is supposed to do that all day today. I wanted to take Natalie out to the mall to pick up a couple pairs of pants before school on Monday but she is not here..staying over her friends house. I guess it will have to wait until Sunday or Monday.

I do not know what I am going to do today. It all matters on how my back, hip, and leg feels.

Good morning, Heidi, I'm also up at Dark AM, I was too bone-weary to stay up and watch the 'Gators teach Cincinatti how to play SEC football and crawled off to bed where it was warm. It's freezing cold this AM, so clear and I got the see the first still-full moon of 2010.

I'm planning a quiet day, finish washing clothes and maybe bake something.

I have some phyllo dough and some nice red pears. I am going to try to put those two together today somehow.
Oh, yummity yum yum yum! Core the pears and stuff them with golden raisins, wrap them in phyllo, brush them with butter and bake them 'til golden and serve with whipped topping.

I think that little nest idea sounds nice. I have some walnuts also..maybe a pinch of brown sugar. I took out some italian sausages to make a sauce for dinner (i think)

I do not know what I am going to do otherwise. My hip hurts and I know it is because of ascending pain AND the snow storm.

Nope..I am going to make French Onion soup. I have all the ingredients right down to the red wine and Gruyere cheese!

I have the playroom cleaned up and most laundry done. I need to find the rod for my storybook awning and buy groceries. I also have to paint these drawer pulls so DH can put them on the drawers. But it's a crummy looking day, so I don't mind staying in and doing some chores.

I still have a couple of pieces of the other Fairfield to prime, but got distracted with making up a couple of CARE packages (you know who you are!lol) and got "into" the Cotton Bowl broadcast. I really need to be a good do-be and wash & dry a couple more loads of clothes.

I have little lamb steaks out thawing for supper, having red-skinned potatoes and carrots and baby spinach with them.

I made the french onion soup but never got the chance to cook the pears and phyllo. My back was having bad spasms so I ended up going sleepy time with a muscle relaxer.

I am going to try to take it easy but I have to take Natalie out to buy a couple pair of jeans and I have to return Chelsea`s coat that she got for Christmas..well she is returning it..I am just dropping her off to do it.

Back to school tomorrow! YeeeHaaaa!

Well, we packed things up in the house and returned back to the "old" place so right now I am debating with myself if I really do need to start unpacking right away or if I can play a little first....

I actually got some mini-ing done earlier today at the house, added a few things to the Adams which felt really great.

Purr-haps I could muster up the energy to do a laundry session, :lol: and then play some more while awaiting that...

Hugs

Gosh, your dinner last night sounds wonderful, Holly! It's been a long time since I've had lamb, and your sides of those lovely veggies sounded just grand.

Cooked up a huge pot of beef/barley/mushroom soup, made a Swiss steak, got all this in the freezer, and then collapsed yesterday. Just finished up washing all the pots and pans, and just realized I need to get some scallions washed/sliced and in the freezer for later.

Spent a while in the middle of the night (woke up just after midnight, don't ask me why) looking online at affordable apartments in Ellensburg or Yakima. I love Roslyn for so many, many things, but I'm beginning to think that switching from a major city like Seattle to a town that literally doesn't even have a traffic light may have been too big of a switch. There's no place to buy anything edible here, only one too-expensive supermarket with limited selection closer than Ellensburg, and there is NO medical care whatsoever closer than that, and no cardiologist until you get to Yakima. From a practical standpoint, this lovely little place just may not be practical for someone with a history of cardiac problems as well as no car. If I want or need to go somewhere, I have to beg a ride, and I've been used to public transport and/or taxis to find that an easy thing to do. Just starting to think a little, and check things out....

Well, the scallions can wait - I also found a beautiful shawl pattern that just cries out to be tried in mini with silk thread!

So, Anna! Are you pretty much living in the new house now? I know you'll be glad to get the move all done and over, after all this time and work.

I have to get some chores done today. Paint the new drawer pulls, do taxes, etc. I've put it all off for the entire holiday, so now i'm stuck with a day's worth of work.

My back was having bad spasms so I ended up going sleepy time with a muscle relaxer.

... I have to ... and I have to .

Heidi, you don't HAVE TO do these things. If you don't do them, they will get done some other way, now or later.

I know you're impatient to be 100% again, even better than that, but you need to give your body time to heal all the way. What if you end up having a nasty spasm while you're waiting in the car? You can't drive while spasming and you can't drive if you take a pill to stop the spasms. Y'all gonna walk home?

if you saw how little I do everyday..you would know that I am being good. I just want to have a bit of normal. I had it for a little while and then I sat in the wrong spot..LOL

It is no biggie about the shopping. Fred has the day off tomorrow and we can go then. I just an tired of looking at these for walls. I cannot sit long enough to work on a project. Laying down and gluing do not mesh well..LOL

Just let me have my whine with my cheese Kathie. LOL At least I can cook now. That is a plus!

I'm still cleaning the kitchen cabinets. It's funny, they looked perfectly fine until I started cleaning them with my glasses off.

I've also been going through my recipes, throwing some away. it's because I'm mad at my husband....grrrrr. don't make me this again, don't make that, what? Mexican again? ( I usually make tacos or chimichangas or something similar 2-3 times a month. I really do want to throttle him. Even when I make things he's always liked he still makes a face.

I made a pictorial tutorial for my son on how to use one of his Xmas presents. It was an expensive gift and neither of the menfolk are very clear on how to use the programs with it.

Also sat down and read some books for a change, something I rarely get to do anymore. Liked one, didn't finish 2 because I didn't like them, started another one.

Tree has to come down, but I don't feel like it. The big ornament storage box is in the corner. It seems like as soon as you get the tree up, it's time to take it down. At least this year I didn't bother with the silk poinsettias, etc. They really brighten up the rooms, but I just didn't get around to it.

Oh yeah, added another post to the Victorian page about doing laundry.

http://victoriandecorating.blogspot.com/20...ng-laundry.html

Tomorrow I start exercising again. I fully expect to wake up with a bad cold or a sore hip or something. Every time I make plans for the next day, something happens to mess things up :lol: .

Spiral Glazed Ham and mac & cheese ready for oven. Waiting on broccoli to finish steaming so I can get the Paula Deen Broccoli casserole ready to pop in oven as well. Some Hawiian rolls and we are all set for dinner. I had gotten a $15 gift certificate for a holiday meat from Kroger grocery store so bought the ham since we didn't have one for Christmas. There should be plenty of leftovers for lunches this week.

Also straightened the house, ironed work clothes for the week and played computer games.

Got the taxes ready to go to the acccountant, cooked Mexican food for lunch, and basically piddled all day, getting not much done! My play room is all neat and clean, but that's depressing. It means I have no house to build on unless I drag out the orchid, and it's not talking to me yet.

Spent a lot of time wiping up the snow the dogs tracked in. We go through periods of I am the "official door man". Boy do I miss the doggy door. Unfortunately it lets in too much cold air and right now there is about 2 feet of snow piled up against it.

Also wound up doing the laundry today since I have several dr's appointments the next couple of days for re-evaluation of the progress on my eye. I can now see blobs of color and shapes but no detail. Sigh... It is like looking through a vasoline coated window.

just brought Cyrano, the bunny, inside for a warmer night's sleep. Supposed to be 16-degrees tonight and 14 tomorrow night. He might be okay in his hutch with hay, but we'd be losing sleep worrying :lol: Possible snow by friday. That doesn't happen often here. Anyway, he's in a pet carrier in the downstairs bathroom with towel and carrots. The felines are camped by his door, hoping to visit. They will be disappointed.

Worked on a roombox today and used Micheal's hutches galore.

My work (library) is having a staff art exhibit in March, so I got the applications and photos completed for submission for consideration.

School back in session tomorrow, so the old routine is back.

It is a nice crisp winter`s morning here. Natalie is off to school and I am sitting here drinking my coffee. I feel good today. I am not talking physically cause you all know how that is going.

I love this time of year. The holidays are over. Now I just think about Spring. I know I know..I am wishing my life away. That isnt it for me. I had not been able to do anything last year..not even rake a leaf!

I have some seed catalogs sitting here. I want to read and dream.

Fred is taking the day off today because of my appt with the surgeon. I took out a corned beef from the deep freeze yesterday. I am planning on making a nice boiled dinner!