What's everyone working on?

THmini2

I'm making a home for the Elliot bridal pair. 12th scale is in some ways too big, but in other ways too small - they have very big paws, the plates are just too small, but the furniture too big :pcwhack: So looking into 16th scale stuff, which I can mostly get as lundby stuff. I haven't actually seen it in person, so don't know if it will be the right size. Might just have to cut half an inch off all the 12th scale items to make it the right height.

I have to do baseboards and door trim. I didn't buy the finishing kit so I have to come up with stripwood and of course our local craft stores are out of the size I need. I decided not to put an actual door on the kitchen/livingroom entrance. I am going to trim it out and make it a walk through. I wish Home Depot or Lowes had small stripwood. I was thinking of printing out strips and gluing to foam or cardboard for baseboard. Do you think that would work? This is dollhouse building on a shoestring this time.

Good Morning Roxy--you could always use the edges of the plywood sheets you punched the parts out of. A litlle sanding, a little paint--voila!

Oh, and sometimes hardware stores have the small stripwood, don't know why, but that's where I used to get it when I lived on the Cape.

I've been working on cutting channels to hide the ceiling wires in the 2nd floor board so I can permanently attach it to the first floor. I hope to be ready to start the second floor rooms in the next week or so, then I will be updating with more photos.

In the meantime, I'm still plugging away at the cross-stitch rug. Now at roughly 33 hours of work... :D I'll be finishing the second half of the design before filling in the background and border. I'm still undecided on those colors, though I have some ideas. I just love the design itself so much, I don't want to detract from it.

post-4679-1275958182_thumb.jpg

The rug looks fab, Brae! Every time you post a rug picture I feel like such a slacker. I have a corner done on Bonnie's Daghestan Persian Rug (the large one) and that's it. It's been neglected for years, so keep posting rug pictures... I might eventually cave in and work on it.

What I AM working on is the roof on the Victorianna. I'm just feeling uninspired by that third floor so it is taking me a while to get with it. Since I have tomorrow morning off, unexpectedly I might add, I think I will stay up late and try and finish it.

Oh, no! :D

Oh yes! :popcorn:

It's a good thing though. I really should work on it since it is a truly gorgeous rug. I planned to put it in my Glencroft (yes, yes, sacrilegious I know).

Ooooh, gorgeous rug, Brae, amazing work. :popcorn:

Today came in the mail the teeny tiny silk thread I've been waiting for, so all afternoon I've been getting used to crocheting with it. At first I was really having trouble even seeing it, much less where to stick the hook, then my eyes started to adjust. Have to rest my eyes about every ten/fifteen minutes - good excuse to come in here, right? - so the work is going to be a little slower for me than other mini crochet. But I've got part of a 1:24 shell afghan in this wonderful color, the silk colors are SO rich, and should be able to post a pic in a couple of days.

Now I'm really permanently ruined for working with "real" yarn.... :D

For me, Lundby dollhouses are the perfect solution for small apartments. They brilliantly combine a small footprint with generously sized rooms.

I don't think I've ever seen a Lundby dollhouse...where can you get them? I'd like to find something with a smaller footprint, I don't have nearly enough room to display my houses, smaller would be great!

I've been working on cutting channels to hide the ceiling wires in the 2nd floor board so I can permanently attach it to the first floor. I hope to be ready to start the second floor rooms in the next week or so, then I will be updating with more photos.

In the meantime, I'm still plugging away at the cross-stitch rug. Now at roughly 33 hours of work... :popcorn: I'll be finishing the second half of the design before filling in the background and border. I'm still undecided on those colors, though I have some ideas. I just love the design itself so much, I don't want to detract from it.

post-4679-1275958182_thumb.jpg

Could you take a couple of "in progress" pictures of how you're hiding the wires? So far I've been using tape wire for my houses, but I think I'd like to try the round wire for the next one. Everyone says it's really reliable and that you can use more lights with it. I'd like to see how it's done and how you cover it up afterwards. :D

Beautiful rug Brae. I'll be attempting to sculpt some gargoyle faces for the Sea Hag. Also doing flowers for two window boxes for two different houses. Love clay work,Im looking forward to doing something besides painting today:) Oh,and I have to clean my RL bathrooms...ugh.

I'm working on:

hanging lights in a Victorian

glue-ing an Alexandria

building a Cambridge

(thinking about) bashing a Beaumont - sawing the wood made me sick a few months ago! (moldy)

Still in boxes: Farmhouse, Victorian Mansion, Alpine, Shenandoah, Tudor and Lafayette

At least one of the smaller houses will be a candy house using murano glass candies or fake bakery display chocolates.

Oh yes, I'm looking for a Heritage kit, too.

Also, I'm very much looking forward to putting together three rooms of Dura-Craft furniture kits which came with the Alpine kit.

Most productively, I re-organized and cleaned my craft room this morning, making tabletop space for all three of the houses-in-progress to be in the

SAME ROOM -- HOORAY !!!!!!

Working on the Garfield kitchen garden. I'm building a brick gardener's toilet - old and a bit run down. I cut a baseboard for the garden but I think I'm going to have to make it a bit bigger or there will be no room for veggies.

I am still working on my Bailey Castle project, but real life keeps getting in the way ! :D I have all the wall coverings up & the lights are in, but I have a ton of details to finish. I really need to take a day & shut off the phone, etc. & spend the day in my shop !

I was just looking at some of the Spring Fling entries. WOW !! I'm glad that I'm not a judge.

Steve in PA

:buddies: Destructing the wall I just finished. It takes me forever to scrape off all the paper and glue I worked so hard on! I just couldn't live with the patchwork I tried for repairs. Does this ever happen to you?

I messed up on the measurement for the divider wall paper. Then I tried patching in a piece thinking that I could cover up the seam with a piece of furniture. Well, it just bugged me until I had to rip the whole wall off and start over!

I'm slowly but surely working on my Beacon Hill interior. I had used paper floor medallions in the entrance and the 2nd floor hall and they look awesome! I put my dining set I bought a year ago in my dining room and the color is too red, so I asked my mom to see if she could refinish it, and its plastic, so she's going to try spraying it with oil based stain. My fingers are crossed!

its plastic, so she's going to try spraying it with oil based stain. My fingers are crossed!

Cindy, Krylon (and probably other paint manufacturers) makes a primer to use when you want to paint plastic. She may want to try that, first. They also make spray paint formulated for plastic in a variety of colors. If one of those colors works for you, it could be a one-shot project.

I'm slowly but surely working on my Beacon Hill interior. I had used paper floor medallions in the entrance and the 2nd floor hall and they look awesome! I put my dining set I bought a year ago in my dining room and the color is too red, so I asked my mom to see if she could refinish it, and its plastic, so she's going to try spraying it with oil based stain. My fingers are crossed!

Krylon also makes a spray paint that is designed to paint plastics.

Just finished my first 1:24 crocheted afghan and posted a pic in my gallery. Whoo, it's amazing what you can get used to doing after a while - I can remember not that long ago looking at thread this small and thinking, "Nah, I can't work with that....not in a million years!" Though I still have trouble getting my head around how on earth people here do what they do in building and decorating....:buddies:

I am still working on my Bailey Castle project, but real life keeps getting in the way ! :buddies: I have all the wall coverings up & the lights are in, but I have a ton of details to finish. I really need to take a day & shut off the phone, etc. & spend the day in my shop !

I was just looking at some of the Spring Fling entries. WOW !! I'm glad that I'm not a judge.

Steve in PA

Wow Steve! I just took a look at your gallery...you've been hiding your light under a bush! That Time Machine project is FANTASTIC! What ever gave you the idea for that - absolutely fantastic...using a CD for the back of the machine?? Who'da thunk it? I'm always amazed at the imagination and the skill of the folks on this forum. I swear if you want to do mini's and you don't know how...this is the place where you need to come. Outstanding work!

been back working on the beacon extravaganza...nearly done with the waiting/recieving room and only 3 more rooms to go!!! :buddies:

course then theres gardens and conservatory and ....and.... :giggle: its a lifetimes work :angry: