What's everyone working on?

THmini2

I just peeked at your album - how darling! Perfect, perfect, perfect for a 5 year old.

Kirsten

thank you its funny i finished the upstairs and then asked her what she wanted for the downstairs she said a living room and a mommy and daddy room. she wanted the big room to be the bedroom cause there would not be enough room for two beds. i had to explain that mommys and daddys usually share a bed so now she wants me to build a bunk bed lol. I have been on my own with her since she was born there has never been a man in our lives so she does not understand about the bed sharing its kinda cute.

I cant wait for her house to be finished so i can start working on my garfield again. she was complaining that her house was not done yet and did not like me working on my house so i need to get hers done so she will stop bugging me. luckily it is almost done!!

i had to explain that mommys and daddys usually share a bed so now she wants me to build a bunk bed lol.

If it was good enough for Lucy and Ricky, I guess two beds would work. :lol:

The bed upstairs is too cute! What fun you both must be having.

Today I added ceiling paper to the first floor, attached my lights to the ceiling and glued the second floor in place. At the moment it's being weighed down waiting for the glue to dry. Now I'm working on the balusters and railing for the staircase. If I manage to get that done I can insert my partition wall and my first floor will be done. (Pics in gallery)

Earlier in the week I was searching for wallpaper, and came across a cute little doll for my Farmhouse. I bookmarked the page to come back to it later since I was on a wallpaper mission. Later when I went back I found that the bookmark didn't take and I couldn't find the doll. I searched my browser history, and for the next two days I searched and searched for that doll on every site I could find, to no avail. Bummer! Well, I bought another doll instead and was pretty happy with her, she'll work just fine for the Willow.

Then last night I was on ELF looking around for ideas and just for the heck of it I clicked on "dolls" (it never even occured to me that they had dolls) Well lo' and behold there she was! When I searched my site history I dismissed ELF as a place to search because I thought they only carried furniture. Well I bought her right away and now the farmhouse has it's first resident...I think I'm going to call her "Agnes" (I put a picture of her in the gallery as well).

Agnes is located in the Farmhouse 505 album (Construction Progress), she's in the last three pictures. Please try to keep it quiet when you peek in...she was out partying with friends celebrating her new home...she's had a rough night. :lol:

Wow those are beautiful! I love the tea pots. Are you going to make little cups to match?

Oh, I hadn't thought of that! That's a good idea, but I'm not sure if I could..... :lol:

After making such beautiful teapots i am sure little cups would not be that much more of a challenge with your skill :lol:

I tried to make a teapot like yours after seeing those and failed miserably.

You tried already? Aw come on - give it a little more time and try again. Hmmmm.... maybe I should do a tutorial sometime....

Okay - you convinced me. I'll try some cups too. But no promises. LOL

I like Agnes - no wonder you searched and searched to find her again!

I just love the disheveled look of her...that's soooooooooooooooo the way I feel and look every morning. I can't wait to pose her in the kitchen making breakfast, surrounded by frying pans, cereal boxes and sitting with her first cup of coffee.

I decided to try my hand at teapots. Here's my first two:

post-3223-1274712317_thumb.jpg post-3223-1274712325_thumb.jpg post-3223-1274712337_thumb.jpg post-3223-1274712346_thumb.jpg

I love your pots. I can never seem to get anything that's supposed to be round or "roundish" to come out that way, not even a simple plate of platter. Great work, and I love the colors!

Pam, your teapots are precious! I think a tutorial would be wonderful.

the disheveled look of her...pose her in the kitchen making breakfast, surrounded by frying pans, cereal boxes and sitting with her first cup of coffee.
If Agnes had a baby under one arm that would have been me forty years ago...

I was going to try this afternoon and then got discouraged. I need to give it some more thought on how to go about it. I ended up making a different lid for the green and purple teapot and then another pot for the lid with the large purple flower on top instead.

I started a new needlework project - a rug from a book by Janet Granger. I decided to cross stitch this pattern to eliminate the tendency for the fabric to show through the usual needlepoint stitch. This is about 13 hours of work here...long way to go. :lol:

post-4679-1274745805_thumb.jpg

I started a new needlework project - a rug from a book by Janet Granger. I decided to cross stitch this pattern to eliminate the tendency for the fabric to show through the usual needlepoint stitch. This is about 13 hours of work here...long way to go. :lol:

Wow. That's going to be lovely.

I have an unfinished petitpoint rug that I really, really should work on. It's 1/12th though.

I have Janet's Book also but sure don't remember that one! Which pattern is it? It is going to be lovely....